Question on removing/installing Backhoe and Loader.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I will need to remove my backhoe and loader in the near future. It is my understanding the more level the ground, the better, and a nice and level concrete pad would be ideal. Unfortunately, I do not have that right now. A portion of my barn has concrete, but it is not accessible with my tractor.

Where I park it is somewhat level with small limestone rock. Does that sound good or is absolute flatness essential? When I was making small talk with my dealer before delivery, he said I could put some sheets of plywood down. Being that I have not done this yet, I was curious how crucial that was.

Thanks.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I don’t have concrete at all so not an option for me either. I remove mine in the yard for right now until I make room under the carport for it. I don’t use plywood to set it down but it would save you from tearing up the ground a little if you are too concerned with that. Right now until I get something better built I am using the wooden crate that the subframe kit was shipped in to set it down on.

One thing I do to make it easier to remove and install is take the loader bucket and but the cutting edge in the ground (don’t go to the fully dumped position). Then once you get the back hoe picked up out of the subframe you can just reach over to the loader and keep moving it to dump and pull the tractor away from it. Saves from having to keep climbing up and down on the tractor. Same thing when putting the hoe back on.

I also use that method with the loader to hook up 3 point equipment too. Get the tractor close and centered to the attachment. If it’s not square then I use the loader to push or pull the tractor to get things lined up. Way easier then either wrestling with the attachment or climbing up and down and moving the tractor.
It does leave marks in your ground though if you are concerned about that (not bad but I don’t know how you are about that)

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I can't comment on the BH, but regarding FEL R&R, if you don't have a level area, at least make sure the area where the tractor footprint is, and where the FEL will be dropped, is on the same plane. Right or left grade is not a problem, so long as it's a consistent grade. Where you get into trouble is when the tractor is sitting on a slightly different plane vs. the FEL. Can still be done, but a bit trickier for sure.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
OK, I think I'm good. Fordtech, I will keep the loader bucket trick in mind. Dalola, where I park my tractor is probably the best spot I have right now to remove the loader and backhoe. It is flat, but has a slight slope, so the tractor should be on the same plane.

Thanks.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
After you get a place on concert, I would build yourself a backhoe dolly. This will make it a lot easier to takeoff and put on the backhoe.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
After you get a place on concert, I would build yourself a backhoe dolly. This will make it a lot easier to takeoff and put on the backhoe.
MD, did your phone mess you up? The word has to be "concrete"? You got the e and the r reversed and left of the other e.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
The floor in my barn is stone and I have no trouble removing the backhoe and loader. Just follow the directions in the manual.

Jerry

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
MD, did your phone mess you up? The word has to be "concrete"? You got the e and the r reversed and left of the other e.
D2Cat, Not on a phone, it has more to do with arthritis in my hands and not proof reading before I hit Submit Reply.