question for you hyraulic guru

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I have had this ongoing issue with my hydraulics. They have always been weak in my opinion.

I have a vintage L235DT it is equipped with the optional flange hydraulic block for additional outlets i.e loader. This is located under the seat on the left side of tractor.

The tractor came with a 1200 series loader on it with a 2 lever control valve set up. The loader valve was plumbed the following way. From the flange block I have a psi side and a return line. These lines went to the valve and then the 4 lines went out to the loader ( 2 boom 2 bucket).

When I purchased the tractor it was set up like this but the loader valve was leaking so I replaced it with a Brand Hydaulics single lever joystick valve.

The loader and the three point never really felt strong to me on this tractor. I cant even pick up a bucket of dirt after running it for a while.

So today I call the Brand Hydraulic tech line and had a long conversation with a tech.

The owners manual states that when using the flange block you must use a "power beyond type valve"

I have the valve plumbed just like the old one was. The loader works, as does the 3 pt but just seems weak to me.

The tech told me to order the power beyond plug and plumb the power beyond back to the flange and run a return line to the sump under the seat. He said this will get me full power to the loader and three point.

Give me your thoughts ? Does anyone have a L275 /L235 set up with a loader that can confirm this ?

Thanks

tapodaca@earthlink.net

Equipment
L48TLB Tractor Loader backhoe
Aug 27, 2010
El Paso, Texas USA
The power beyond function allows you to operate the different systems controlled by the valve without pressure loss by isolating each sub-system.

Without power beyond, the hydraulic system will take the path of least resistance. You might be having pressure and flow loss to other parts of the system.

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I installed the power beyond plug today. Plumbed the loader valve PB back to the flange on the 3pt. Then ran a new return line from the loader to the sump.

Results so far - loader seems more responsive than before. I put the bushhog on and mowed a field. I did not get the hydraulic fade like I usually do. I could even pick up a bucket of dirt !!

I might keep the tractor now hahah

I looked at a 5400 series JD while I was waiting for them to make my return line - I could see my self on that tractor

anyway - looks like this old bouta is fixed for now !

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I looked at a 5400 series JD while I was waiting for them to make my return line - I could see my self on that tractor
I hope you would feel good about yourself sitting on a Yanmar tractor that has the price jacked up because it has green and yellow paint. 90 hp and down is made by Yanmar and just has JD sheet metal and price tag.