Question about Oil

smog

Equipment
B7200HST, diy 3pt forks, diy 3pt blade, 3pt mower, diy hyd rotary broom
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
www.northernliftgates.com
Has anybody on here used or uses AMSOIL in their tractor. I am thinking about switching mine over when I change it next time. I have done some research and it seems like pretty good stuff. You can read about it at www.amssynthetics.com ...

Anybody have any pro's or con's that have used it before I switch...

Thanks
I would say whatever is approved by kubota for your engine is good to go; follow the recommanded type and weight then get the brand you want.

your engine will not die early because you put some Castrol or walmart oil in it; it will die because something else will go wrong (like the water pump, injection pump or the oil pump)

I use a full synthetic oil because I want the tractor to start easy in the cold Canadian winter. I THINK I use some other european brand I also use for my Volkswagen Turbo-diesel. it MIGHT not be what Kubota is recommanding but if it's good for a 360lb.ft 1.9l turbo-diesel hot rod, it will do for my low rpm tractor.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Stumpy, I thought RTIBMA sounded better than just saying two redneck in the back yard getting greasy having fun with their Kubotas.
I know what you mean about the tranny. My brothers Dodge was like that. We could tell a slight difference in the shifts (more so in cold weather) but it was small.

The next time you deside to change the trans fluid I would suggest (SVGQT) Severe Gear 75w90. I'm sure the fluid Amsoil suggested is fine but I have personally used the Severe Gear and I know it works good. What you used may work just as good but I have never tried it.