PTO driven stump grinder for small tractors

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I put some fluorescent tape in my pin so I don't forget to remove it before grinding....oh, check the torque on all of the tooth nuts.
Steve
The fluorescent tape indicator is a great idea! Thanks!
david

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Tornado, I thought that you were going to be using your quick hitch rending telescoping links moot?
Hey Dirtydeed, I will be using my QH15 quick hitch, but quick hitches connect on the lower lift arms and the top link just like an attachment, so it still depends on the stabilizers for stability, or to set how much play you want from side to side. I will wrench the turnbuckles down tight and just work with it best I can. They tend to always come loose though when working and over time begin to back out, leaving the 3 pt with a lot of sway. I think I even have an ever so slight bend in my turnbuckles from the load of pulling my 700+ lb disc harrow.

I never did get any ship notice today so ill keep watching :D

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
This is nuts... R&L carrier just called and told me its being delivered tomorrow! the tracking number still hasnt updated in the system
Nice B737. I forget where you said you were, but I thought New Jersey? If so, youre not too far from where they originate which I understand is Buffalo, NY I believe.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Tornado, yes NJ here, so not too far

@dirtydeed how do you set the HP, is it a function of torque on the bolts at the slip clutch? and what is the locking pin for, can it just be left out ;) ?

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa

@dirtydeed how do you set the HP, is it a function of torque on the bolts at the slip clutch? and what is the locking pin for, can it just be left out ;) ?
In woodland mills product videos of the WG24, they mention that they include documentation on these items with the grinder, so you should have some documentation on this when it arrives. There are some videos on this on YouTube that are worth watching if you're killing time before the delivery truck shows up :D

Be sure to give us a report once you get it now :D

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Yes, its in the manual. Basically, you're measuring the height of the springs (how much they are compressed.

You'll want the lock pin in when grinder is not in use (supported by flywheel and legs) so it can't pivot.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
ah ha ok that makes sense ^^

18 wheeler arrived on time, parked on the street then dropped it in the driveway with a motorized electric pallet jack. 1 minute deal. Gross out today (what else is new here lately) so I stuck it in the building and will set it up once the new tractor arrives.

Reactions: 1 users

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
ah ha ok that makes sense ^^

18 wheeler arrived on time, parked on the street then dropped it in the driveway with a motorized electric pallet jack. 1 minute deal. Gross out today (what else is new here lately) so I stuck it in the building and will set it up once the new tractor arrives.

When the new tractor arrives? when is that? Man, you better throw that thing on that BX and go see what it will do :p

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I think late next week if the sales department isnt bs'ing me. im reluctant to dial it in on BX if it will end up being used on B. :devilish:

I have a few oak stumps on the ready!

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I think late next week if the sales department isnt bs'ing me. im reluctant to dial it in on BX if it will end up being used on B. :devilish:

You have more self control than I then. I would be grinding one of those stumps right now with that BX :D

still no ship notice for me yet.

• Haha

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Yeah, but are you going to wait until after the 50hr "break-in" on the tractor? lol. That'll be 6 months from now! ;)

Congrats Kevin.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
50 hours?! i may not be able to grind these stumps until 3 years from now :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Mine is being dropped off tomorrow.
Good to hear NHS thanks for checking in. You guys both ordered October 6/7. I ordered on October 19 so I expect to wait a bit. Maybe by Friday Ill ship if im super lucky, but Im more expectng next week based on what the lady told me, which even if it shipped next week, Id get it end of next week, just in time for the weather that is about to change here in north florida. Its still upper 80's here this week. Highs are expected to drop to mid 70's over this weekend and stay in the 70's for the forseeable forcast. Thats how eather shifts here. We will go from 90's to 70's in a weeks time and its like flipping a switch. We are about to flip the fall switch here and thats when I want to be out grinding stumps anyways. I may schedule to have it delivered Friday, if I can, and take that day off work and have a long weekend. How blessed are we in this country.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I may schedule to have it delivered Friday, if I can, and take that day off work and have a long weekend. How blessed are we in this country.
You may want to schedule a day of rest in between (for your neck) since you have so many stumps.😩

I did learn how to really finesse the treadle peddle by placing my foot completely on top of it. Full heel/toe action so I didn't need to ride the brake at all.

And yes, we are blessed.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
You may want to schedule a day of rest in between (for your neck) since you have so many stumps.😩

I did learn how to really finesse the treadle peddle by placing my foot completely on top of it. Full heel/toe action so I didn't need to ride the brake at all.

And yes, we are blessed.
I don't plan to grind all those stumps in one weekend. I will probably take my time with them, work on them a little at the time over the winter. I have no reason to rush it really. Just would like to get them all done by next spring when I need to start mowing grass again.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
How is it going NHS? You should have got yours yesterday I believe. Still no ship notice for me yet. I'm curious, how closely did yalls "estimated ship date" on your invoice match your actual ship date? My estimated ship date on my invoice is today, 10/30/2020. Im almost not too worried if it ships next week because I will have to take off work the day it is delivered, and Id like to have that fall on Friday.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
It was like Christmas here yesterday.
The stump grinder and set of teeth showed up at 9AM
My new snow pusher (manufactured in PA) showed up an hour later.
I had a steel delivery.
All this was going on while I was deciding to gift myself with a CNC Plasma table for Christmas. So I am shopping for one of those now.

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My poker buddies bought me a new stump saw and a bunch of goodies today. I have 2 other huskys but nothing that will handle a big bar so I needed a bigger saw. I got 3 bars with it and 2 chains for each. So I now have a small, med and large saw. If this can't handle the stump, I wouldn't want to grind it with the WG24 anyway.
new-saw.jpg

• Love