Price of parts...Holy Cow!

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
A month or so ago I bought a quick attach mde by Kubota for my L3010. It came with the unit itself and two pins that stay stationary in your top holes for the bucket and also two pins with handles welded on them that you insert in the bottom holes once you drive in and mount the bucket. I called the dealership today because i wanted to buy two extra pins to put on my forks and leave them there so when I use it just drive in and hook on only having to insert bottom ones then. Pins for my tractor (greasable) which is pointless because these don't get greased are $31 /piece. I said I don't need greasable ones and asked why i can't just buy pins like comes with the quick attach. They called me back and gave me prices for those pins. $67 /piece for the top ones and $78/piece for the bottom if i wanted those too.:eek: You know, I realize in this world evryone needs to make a living, i realize things cost money to make, ship etc..but there is a point where I think people are being taken , and this is one of them. So add it up, I paid $325 + tax for the hole attachment, and if I want to buy the pins used in it I have to pay $290+ tax. So that big pice of steel framework that I add is very nicely made, is valued at $35. Sad part is if you need or want this stuff, you hae to pay it. Why can't companies be out to just make a good living instead of becoming rich :)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Happens all the time. I had it happen a few months ago from a company I trusted and I was pissed big time and called them and told them so. I did something about it though. I went and bought the same item from there competitor then emailed them the photos of the unit. They ended up to my shop apologizing.

It's all about greed and profits. They think nothing about wanting a long term customer but instead they want short term gains. Always be price savvy and do your homework and shop around. It's sad but true, that's the way some companies operate these days.

scottbennet

Mar 18, 2011
Natick, MA
Yeah. I just bought a used B7510 and priced a MMM. While a brand new tractor (B2320) costs $10k-ish, a MMM for my B7510 costs $2500. Hmmm.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Brokersdad, I have the same QA that you do and love it. Believe it or not my dealer gave me a extra set of pins for my forks. I think they are just standard 1" pins. Have you looked at just getting 2 standard 1" pull pins? I dont see why they wouldn't work.

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
I thought those are just 1" pins. I'd order some from Princess Auto or go shop at a local farm supply. You may have to drill a hole or something, but that metal is pretty soft.

I'd make 'em before spending that kind of money.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It would seem that the big K is taking lessons from Harley Davidson

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I just bought a set(2) of the 1" diameter x 7" pins with the red rubber coated pull handles complete with hairpin clips for less than $20.00 at my local TSC. They had other lengths available depending upon your need. You can go online and search what they have available and then make a call to your local store to see if they are in stock.

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
This is a good illustration of the working of free markets. If one source becomes too high, and an item can be found elsewhere for less, you win!

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Brokersdad, I have the same QA that you do and love it. Believe it or not my dealer gave me a extra set of pins for my forks. I think they are just standard 1" pins. Have you looked at just getting 2 standard 1" pull pins? I dont see why they wouldn't work.
Yea, the quick attach is awesome isn't it !:) Here's the thing on the pins.. . I called the dealer because i figured they would only be a couple bucks. Once on the phone and he told me the prices I was kind of taken back and wasn't sure if they were a 1" pin or an 1 1/16" ? So surprised at what they cost, rather than hummin and hawin I said the heck with it send me two down next time yor delivery guy comes down. The more I thought of it the next day or so i said to myself no way am I paying that price for those pins...and I also realized I could get something else to work. I called the dealer back and told them i didn't want them and he said well, ok but I already ordered them in..but he wasn't going to try to say I had to take them. I looked at it this way ... I called, I told them to send them..I didn't realize they had to order them ,and to me if I didn't take them it made me look bad for them to have to order parts in I said I wanted and leave them stuck with it. So , bite the bullet, learn my lesson and not screw myself with that dealer so hopefully when I do need parts from there they treat me decent

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That kind of a hard spot to be in but I understand the reason you did what you did. Next time you get parts I would remind them of it and maybe you can get a discount. When I bought mine I just came right out and asked for the extra pins. I told them that it should come with the pins required to make the change without having to remove all the pins everytime I swapped from bucket to forks. He agreed and gave me the pins and smiled about it.