Price check for a 2004 Kubota BX 2230

grandmajo

Equipment
BX2670 w/FEL, MMM & Back Blade
Aug 15, 2015
Montpelier
Hi all,

I'm considering buying this tractor, but I wanted to run it past you guys first. The guy is asking $10,000 for it. Here is what his ad says:

2004 Kubota BX 2230 tractor for sale. 4WD, hydraulic transmission, LA211 front end loader with removable tooth bar, turf tires, 3pt and pto in rear, mid pto with 60" belly mower, wheel weights for back tires, extra front and rear facing Kawell LED lights for night work (very bright), only 510 hours! Just had the fuel filter replaced, engine oil (synthetic) and oil filter replaced, transmission oil and filter replaced, front axle oil changed, and all zerk fittings greased at 448 hours! (and that was not cheap).

So, what do you guys think? Is that a good price for that year/model with the attachments he's including?

Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is this a private seller ? Or dealer?

You have the cash on hand? Or borrow ?

Personally I think it is a tad high.

The weights and lights are not helping the price in my opinion, and the rest of the maintenance is "what should happen" - not a bonus!

Looking at the newest model K offers.....2370 with the same thing ( I would add R4s) you are looking at $15,000 or so....

Let me ask you this, would you buy a new to you car at 2/3 the original price that is going on 12 years old? And true - tractors aint cars....but the number makes you think about the comparison:)

The old tractor - paying $10,000 out the door - no warranty ...as is ....cash in hand.....

Brand new tractor - financed at 0% .....five years at 0% = $250+ a month.... true - you gonna pay tax and will need insurance....but the dealer can help you with other goodies too......2 year warranty, dealer fix damn near all.(take the 10k in cash if you had it ....and save it !)

I would NOT pay the 10k - but thats me, now if I could get it for 1/2 of the new, I would start looking harder at it......

When I was in the market for my tractor (wanted a FEL - BH combo) I was looking to buy a Terramite that was ussssseeeddd for about 5k cash and carry.......two of us came to look at it - and I told the other, "you need this far more than I do!" - it was in rough shape - I then looked at Kubota's and a old friend told me that buying one was never going to be a mistake! I have never thought twice about buying the new machine....and hell - bought another used one too - but I stole that one!:D:) (in price)

If this is a private sale - get your cash out - $8,000 (bring 8.5k) and tell him the sob story this is all you got! If dealer, bring the same - and tell him another sob story how you are heading down the road shorty after seeing him to buy another...........they know it is a line of shyt........but the wad of green in the hand often changes the thought waves in their head!;):) O and show the cash......:)

whatever you do - send us some pictures!:)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I also found this one, it's 2 years old, with the FEL and belly mower https://southbend.craigslist.org/grd/5415721819.html

This one is getting closer to new, almost too new.....but my point is - IF you MUST finance, then go ahead and sit down with the dealer and talk ........if you have cash - this one looks very nice, hell the cutting edge on the bucket looks like it has never hit the ground!:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like he bought it and mowed his yard a few times. Might be selling it because it's too wide of a deck. See where he removed the grass deflector!!!!:D

It does make one wonder, how do people make buying decisions? 30 hours and selling???? Wonder how many times he's been married!

grandmajo

Equipment
BX2670 w/FEL, MMM & Back Blade
Aug 15, 2015
Montpelier
Thanks to you both. Yes, I had thought the same thing on the newer one, 30 hours and selling? But then I wondered if maybe something happened, perhaps a death of a husband or something.

I will take into consideration what you've said 85Hokie

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Grandmajo -

Hokie is spot on, but my price would be less than $8k....

Good luck.