Pre-School Brush Hog Alignment

flagcraig

Equipment
L2501, Loading, Mowing
Sep 12, 2017
Columbia, TN
See Pictures.

Looks like I need to adjust the left side stabilizer to move brush hog to the left away from the right rear tire. Tried this last weekend with little success. Got the left stabilizer to move a little with wrench in the slot but not enough to make a difference. Tried with implement both up and down.
Also tried to take it off the three point but the pins are too tight with it so far out of line.

Thanks for help.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Your pics show the stabilizer on the left is adjusted all the way out, (long) and the stabilizer and the one on the right adjusted almost all the way in. (short)
That is pulling the arm over towards the tire. Loosen the right one and tighten the left one and it should come back towards the center. They work in tandem, so you might have to work one, then the other to get there.

Last edited:

flagcraig

Equipment
L2501, Loading, Mowing
Sep 12, 2017
Columbia, TN
Your pics show the stabilizer on the left is adjusted all the way out, (long) and the stabilizer and the one on the right adjusted almost all the way in. (short)
That is pulling the arm over towards the tire. Loosen the right one and tighten the left one and it should come back towards the center. They work in tandem, so you might have to work one, then the other to get there.
Maybe I need to put the brush hog on blocks because with it up or down I couldn't get the stabilizer to adjust....even with a wrench in the slots.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You might lift the mower with the 3pt of the tractor. Only needs to be raised so the rear mower wheel is off the ground one inch. Then the adjustment Bill described should be simple.

When all done and satisfied with the relocation tighten the nuts on both turnbuckles to keep them from loosening.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
They can be a PIA. Ii have a M Series that has the telescopic ones but my dad’s L Series are like yours. Have to keep them oiled up so they will turn freely. If you swap between implements a lot it would be worth it in invest in some telescopic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Have you tried turning it the wrong way? Maybe you are tightening it. They can get very tight through use. When you have done that, you might be able to get more clearance by turning the pins to the inside. I did it to mine so that I can offset it slightly for finishing close to things like fences, trees etc. It may not work on your model because there is a gusset there.
And don't forget to tighten those locknuts when you're done. They are there for a reason

Last edited:

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
If the stabilizers are rusty or other wise being hard to turn then remove the stabilizers. The bolts on each end can be removed from the tractor and brush hog. Once you have the stabilizer out where you can easily work with it then you can get the treads lubed up and it turning. Then reinstall.

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
They work like chains. You can't push with a chain. Shorten the one on the side to move it to that side tire.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Soon as you can get rid of the junk turn buckles and put telescoping stabilizers. Worth every penny they cost and then some.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
The advise given is spot on. When I first got my L3800 I couldn’t believe how confined it is back there. Such a pain in the rear to take implemts on and off. I bought a cheap quick hitch from the local rural king and it’s been a game changer once you get everything set up.

I still have the original turn buckles like yours and mine will come loose from time to time. Follow lil foots directions with the mower lifted off the ground. Once you have them loose you might have someone else push against the mower to push it toward the direction you neeed it to go, it will make turning them a heck of a lot easier than trying to pull all the weight of the mower.

rogerwh0825

Equipment
BX2660
Nov 14, 2017
Havana, Fl. US
Follow Lil Foot's advice. You haven't been clear on this but did you lengthen the right stabilizer before trying to tighten the left? If not, you won't be able to move it over.