Power for rops lights and snowblower chute actuator

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Weeeeelllllll there should be a lighter type plug below the seat, good for I think 10 amps,,,, and if Im not mistaken the left side tail light wireing harness has a place that has black tape over it, there is suppose to be a hot lead there,,, Or you could just come off the battery it self or put on an extra fuse block and get your power for there,,, WHAT EVER YOU DO FUSE IT,, on the chute theres a couple of threads in here some place about how other guys have done it, It aint plug and play,, just a lot of play :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So ware do I safy tap 12 volts for my acceries front and rear?
Thanks.
Do what skeets said, go to your battery, short 10 gauge wire to a fuse block ( get them at any auto store - 15 bucks) then run your wire to any switch and any acc. run all your wires in cheap wire loom, zip tie them and booyaa you be up and lightin ;)- look at picture ( thanks Wildfire:D )

Attachments

blkfl1

Equipment
bx2370
Jun 9, 2013
Harvard IL
I was just wondering if there is a wire that's designated for lighting that I can tap into and have it go through the ignition switch/lighting switch.
I know I can go straight to the battery but Kubota must have a auxiliary power designation point somewhere front and rear.
I found the two wires in the rear one is hot all the time with the ignition off the other is hot when the ignition is on neither is switched with lighting.
Kabota has these acceries for the turn of the chute and the tip deflector. I figured there was a spot they hook into for power.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I was just wondering if there is a wire that's designated for lighting that I can tap into and have it go through the ignition switch/lighting switch.
I know I can go straight to the battery but Kubota must have a auxiliary power designation point somewhere front and rear.
I found the two wires in the rear one is hot all the time with the ignition off the other is hot when the ignition is on neither is switched with lighting.
Kabota has these acceries for the turn of the chute and the tip deflector. I figured there was a spot they hook into for power.
On your BX2370, there is a power source bundled up near the left of the PTO on the rear, got to cut through some black tape to get to it - one of these is a power source via the key switch, only when key is on will this be hot. I would use this as a power source for your lights. I think it is fused at 10 amps??? not sure however. I plan on using this source for mounting my rear lights that are coming in soon.

blkfl1

Equipment
bx2370
Jun 9, 2013
Harvard IL
On your BX2370, there is a power source bundled up near the left of the PTO on the rear, got to cut through some black tape to get to it - one of these is a power source via the key switch, only when key is on will this be hot. I would use this as a power source for your lights. I think it is fused at 10 amps??? not sure however. I plan on using this source for mounting my rear lights that are coming in soon.
Yes that's the two I found in the rear.
It would be nice to tie into the lighting circuit.
I was also wondering wear kubota hooks up their chute rotator and tip Ajuster.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Do what skeets said, go to your battery, short 10 gauge wire to a fuse block ( get them at any auto store - 15 bucks) then run your wire to any switch and any acc. run all your wires in cheap wire loom, zip tie them and booyaa you be up and lightin ;)- look at picture ( thanks Wildfire:D )
You just about explained it right but you left out the relay. I used a 30amp relay in there.
Heres how i did it. One relay wire to battery, one wire to accessory outlet on ign to activate relay, one wire to fuse block. There will be one wire on the relay that goes to ground as well.

Doing it this way eliminates any load on the accessory ign wire and the relay handles the load. :D

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I left the relay out on purpose......I wanted to be able to flick the lights on without the key in the switch if need be, really would not be in that position often.....the two lights on my ROPS are only pulled 4 amps....

another question for you Wildfire.....the hot wire on the backside near the PTO on the BX-25D, those two wires are both hot? or hot and ground, also - what is the rating on the hot one? thanks in advance

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
Hi everyone I just want to add a side note. I work as a fire investigator specializing in vehicle fires. When I add any electrical accessories to my equipment I never tap into any factory wiring. If you do and there is a problem later the dealer might will tell you that you voided the warranty. Also if your equipment is insured and you have a fire that is a manufacturer problem your insurance company with have a harder time recovering the loss. I added lighting to my BX25D and made my own electrical panel with fuse panel and relays. When I have more time I will add a constant duty solenoid to the system so when the key is turned off my add on electrical system will be dead. I know it is overkill but it eliminates any problems when it is parked in my garage.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Safety is never an over kill, having worked in safety for almost 35 years, sometimes no matter how safe you make something somebody is going to figure out how to screw it up,,,lol,, and welcome to the orange