Posthole digger ?

tater pop

Jan 13, 2014
Maud texas usa
Happy thanks giving to all. I saw a thread on three point hole diggers not getting high enough off the ground on the three point. I have tried to search and can't find it. On the top link of the three point what hole will cause the tip of the aulger to be the highest off the ground?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Lowest of all the holes will give you the greatest lift. ;)

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
I am in the market for a post hole digger - may I ask what brand you are using ? Happy with it ?

Any comments - things or brands to look for - avoid ?

Thanks

Dan

MattyNH

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT, R4 tires, Bradco Forks, Third function valve
Oct 15, 2014
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
I borrowed a post hole digger from a friend earlier this summer.. The post hole digger is from Tractor Supply..Worked very well for me..Has a 12 inch bit on it..Id like to buy one..But the problem is for me..Its a attachment I will use very little..But at the same time..When needing to dig a hole..Its sure nice to have..

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I've used the snot out of a Danuser on the Oliver 1265. Works great.

Old trick, when storing, dig a hole where you want to store it and keep putting the auger back in the same hole, it holds it perfectly for the next hook up!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've used the snot out of a Danuser on the Oliver 1265. Works great.

Old trick, when storing, dig a hole where you want to store it and keep putting the auger back in the same hole, it holds it perfectly for the next hook up!
That works fine if you live in a dry area, and we all know how dry California is these days. :eek:
Ways I could store equipment in AZ I could never do here, it would just rust right into the ground if I tried to store my PD in a hole! ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You couldn't store a post hole digger in the ground here either. Would end up with the digger stuck in the ground. Summer it's like concrete. In the winter it would sink to the top of the auger. Had to put pavers down for the jack on my trailer. Jack sunk almost a foot in two weeks :eek: had to hook the chains to the draw bar on the 3ph to get it out.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Where do you guys live, in swamps? :D

As with all advice, your mileage may vary... lol!
Old cotton field :eek::rolleyes: worst soil I've ever seen. Clay/loam very little solids. Summer it's concrete. Winter it's mush

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I built a h frame 6x6 up rights and 2 2x6 cross members and hang my auger while not in use makes for a very easy hook up by yourself no weight to pick up just back in pin and your ready to work.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I am in the market for a post hole digger - may I ask what brand you are using ? Happy with it ?

Any comments - things or brands to look for - avoid ?

Thanks

Dan
I have a Danuser auger works great