Possibly dumb question about remote quick disconnects...

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
I am getting ready to put a proper loader valve on my M7500DT and will be converting the original valves back to being rear remotes. My question is: What is normal for the quick disconnects? I don't have any implements yet that use a hydraulic remote, and I don't know what is normal. I have a neighbor I may share stuff with who has what looks to be about a 5 year old 25ish HP John Deere, so it may be nice to be bale to share implements with him. What type do the JDs use, and are they any good? If they are crap I may just invest in some adapters or something...
Thanks!

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
The best suggestion is to then talk to your neighbor and get the same ones he has. They probably are pioneer style but they also could be flat face ones. I personally like flat face ones better as they are easier to keep clean and also they leak less fluid out when you disconnect them. Of course flat face one cost more...

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sharing implements could be very costly to both of you.
#1 AS D2Cat stated, The fluids are not the same between the JD and The Kubota, so cross contamination will happen.
#2 Your M7500 is a class 2 three point and a 25HP JD is only a class 1 three point.
all the implements that fit his tractor will be much too small for you to use, due to the pin configuration. Also the amount of HP you can put to a implement is 3 times what he can do, so your very likely to just break the implement.
Implements that fits your tractor will be too large for him to use.

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
Don't burn me at the stake or anything, but I have actually been using this:
As it meets the UDT/Super UDT spec and I can get it easily where I am. I would need to verify what his JD takes, but I think it is compatible?
As for the implement compatibility, my M7500DT (as far as I can tell) is set up for cat 1 implements. The upper and lower link hole sizes are cat 1, and the joint of a cat 2 top link will not physically fit. I though it was a little strange considering the engine HP, but didn't think much of it beyond that.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As it meets the UDT/Super UDT spec and I can get it easily where I am. I would need to verify what his JD takes, but I think it is compatible?
As for the implement compatibility, my M7500DT (as far as I can tell) is set up for cat 1 implements. The upper and lower link hole sizes are cat 1, and the joint of a cat 2 top link will not physically fit. I though it was a little strange considering the engine HP, but didn't think much of it beyond that.
08833BAD-130B-42D7-A43A-0C34B170DB5A.gif

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"It meets the UDT/SuperUDT spec"
I am sure the HK container states that claim,.....but...
Is it verifiable?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
[/QUOTE]
Sounds like it is time to find an analysis lab to do some tests!
I can save you the time and expense.

Lubrizol actually did a very comprehensive inhouse analysis of several different UTF products and the Harvest King oil was one of them. It is a surprisingly good oil and does do quite well in the industry standard tests as well as the JD Hygard (J20C) specific tests. Its performance and properties are on par with both Kubota UDT and JD Hygard

Kubota SUDT2 is a different animal with properties that very few oils can match. I think you will find that Harvest King label makes no mention of SUDT2 or JD Hygard lo-vis (J20D)

Dan

Last edited:

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet are what most OEM's have migrated to for rear remotes, but for FEL's and 3rd functions it's still the wild west.

You asked about JD, they use what I mentioned for all their series for the last 20 years or so, and for the loaders they use 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" stye for the smaller tractors, and the 1/2" version for the 3-series and up.