pneumatic grease gun not pushing grease, front bucket pin problem

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
yes I am with you about doing more damage to the bucket, and I do not like the way it is folding

But, I am so close to having that area to do the repair work

Yes, i will be repairing the bucket once I am ready to understand and setup the welder

That bucket has paid for itself so many times the beating I have put it through the past year
Sir, because of the absolute "beat down" you have put on that bucket, and then posting it.......I am bestowing upon you, the honorary title of....... "Runs With Scissors" (y) (y) (y) ;)

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When you get around to repairing the bucket, be sure to get a 100% weld on the inside and then grind it smooooth with the plates. It needs to be ONE piece,not 2 and some porus , here-there patch welds.
It's likely that over the years water has gotten into the 'groove' where the plates were welded, Rust forms and weakness begins. Then when you literally are beating the krap out of it, it fails.
Properly welded it'll be ONE piece of steel and no way the weld will ever fail.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
That bucket is worn out from back dragging. The rounding of the side plate bears witness.

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Why are you afraid to tell us where on earth you live? We could help you better if you come clean and not make it a mystery;y. I know of a few used buckets that might be a better situation than you having to buy a welder and learning to weld. It takes a lot of practice to make a good weld that will last.
The reason for the split pin (it is called a roll pin) is because of its strength and design to stay in place.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Why are you afraid to tell us where on earth you live? We could help you better if you come clean and not make it a mystery;y. I know of a few used buckets that might be a better situation than you having to buy a welder and learning to weld. It takes a lot of practice to make a good weld that will last.
The reason for the split pin (it is called a roll pin) is because of its strength and design to stay in place.

I was thinking perhaps someone on the forum may be nearby and offer some help, but where is nearby?

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I tend to try an buy my cheap chinesium stuff from Princess Auto because they are a good Canadian company and have a great returns policy

This is your guarantee from Princess Auto. “No sale is final until you're satisfied. We guarantee to make it right. We will repair, replace or refund any product to your satisfaction.”

You don't get that service from amazone mystery vendors

CDN$14.99

CDN$18.83 on clearance
Wow ok it looks like princess auto delivers to the US

with shipping, the cost will be the same as amazon i'm guessing

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
When you get around to repairing the bucket, be sure to get a 100% weld on the inside and then grind it smooooth with the plates. It needs to be ONE piece,not 2 and some porus , here-there patch welds.
It's likely that over the years water has gotten into the 'groove' where the plates were welded, Rust forms and weakness begins. Then when you literally are beating the krap out of it, it fails.
Properly welded it'll be ONE piece of steel and no way the weld will ever fail.
Yes, this is exactly the plan, but I am not there yet to do that task

(I'm actually using the machine to build a covered, flat area to fix engine on 295dt and this task)

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
Sir, because of the absolute "beat down" you have put on that bucket, and then posting it.......I am bestowing upon you, the honorary title of....... "Runs With Scissors" (y) (y) (y) ;)
I dont know what run with scissors means, but I take it as a compliment

I am $700 into the tractor, and $200 to fix the transmission, INCLUDING the bucket

Hours: 465

Up to this point, it is dollar for dollar, the best deal I have ever gotten

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Harbour Freight will have similar hardware, different color packages but from same sweatshop in China.
I've dealt with Princess Auto since 1976 when they HAD old WILLYS/JEEP parts in STOCK !!!

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
That bucket is worn out from back dragging. The rounding of the side plate bears witness.
Yes, I have done that tremendously with it the past year

That area where it is separating, I put all the power of the little machine, makes sense it would separate

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
I am involved in lawsuits and do not want disclose location

There is no bucket less than $1000 used, and I have to learn to weld anyway

I am into the entire machine for less than $1000

Pin situation: It ended up taking the head off the bolt, shearing it right off

I dont think those "split pins" are gonna work out

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I believe that JoeSmith123 is a troll from Never Never Land. Your mileage might vary. :)

joesmith123

Equipment
L295DT, BX1500
Mar 18, 2023
earth
55AD19E9-DEBF-4E7B-912E-57D420ED6311.jpeg

Got the pins in secured

Greased all fittings

E7C6BDB5-DA6D-4A2D-8730-74683144E6F1.jpeg

This grease fitting did not take grease, I torched it, still didnt work

Then I unscrewed it, it might've stripped the threads

Solution: took the the big pin with hammer/chisel, covered it in grease, hammered it back in, and put in those pins someone mentioned, they fit snug, and are thick, hopefully will not shear

935E1E74-1610-403E-B9D7-048AABE2E809.jpeg

Another issue: bucket raising mechanism sometimes sticking, when I am looking behind me, I realize the bucket is just rising while the handle is in the neutral state, it is annoying

Attempt to fix it: I pumped grease into the area, pushed it down with gloved finger

It also could be those bolts that hold that area together, all that rumbling might've loosened some of those bolts

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Your 'joystick' mechanism looks the same as the one on my BX23S, which BROKE this summer ! Rust sheared off the welded pin that holds sheet metal part to the gold bolt in the picture. Sad thing is tractor is 5 years old,garage stored unless working.
You really need to disassemble the whole unit,clean, dry, lightly oil ,then 'rustcheck' or other 'light' grease.
There's a $10 'sleeve' in the base of the handle that needs oiling as your grease won't get in there.
There's also 2 bearings in the 'tube' behind the gold bolt, all that 'cavity' needs oiling as well.