Plenty of seat time

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well we started our winter only about a month ago. Our Christmas was a green one but there's no green grass to be seen around here now. My tractor is use exclusively for snow clearing so it's been great to see the white stuff again.

Anyway everyday I've been out pushing the stuff and it's really starting to pile up now so for your amusement here's a little video I tossed together yesterday. I put 7 hours straight getting the snow straightened out.

Next project is to fabricate an adapter so I can turn my bucket into a snow bucket for when I need to move the snow around. Stay safe out there everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-XOpCZv9U

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Looks like a great time Paul. But I too think you need at least 2 more accessories made for your tractor. First a snow bucket could make for a more efficient use of time as long as you could make more money in the process. And secondly, I think you need to fab a mount for your video cam. Don't forget the rear facing lipstick cam as an accessory to the front facing cam! Oh...and a DVD burner and maybe a netbook so we can see through your cam live as your plowing, you know for us southern folks who don't get as much snow as you. it would almost be as good as using our own 'botas!

HAHA kytim

Wildfire

Equipment
Looks like a great time Paul. But I too think you need at least 2 more accessories made for your tractor. First a snow bucket could make for a more efficient use of time as long as you could make more money in the process. And secondly, I think you need to fab a mount for your video cam. Don't forget the rear facing lipstick cam as an accessory to the front facing cam! Oh...and a DVD burner and maybe a netbook so we can see through your cam live as your plowing, you know for us southern folks who don't get as much snow as you. it would almost be as good as using our own 'botas!

HAHA kytim
I was just fool'en around. A few guys on another site asked me to throw the video together. I was going to make a mount to put in the cab but changed my mind. Can't see doing to many more video's plowing snow. For the viewer it would be like watching paint dry.
I'm thinking I could record from the reverse camera. I might give that a look.

I'm going to look at a bucket mod this week. One that can unbolt in a few minutes. Anything to cut down on some time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
BOY you aint right,,,LMAO,,, your havin way to much fun playin in the snow!!!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
It may be long hours however you look like you are having fun out there :D

Wildfire

Equipment
BOY you aint right,,,LMAO,,, your havin way to much fun playin in the snow!!!
What I like about it is I get out of the shop for awhile and considering the tractor is only used for snow clearing It sits for most of the year. Ya I'm having fun :D

It may be long hours however you look like you are having fun out there :D

Ya with me and tractors it's either dead stop or flat out crazy. ;)

Hey Paul. A removable extention for the bucket, Great idea. Thanks. I loved the video by the way.:cool: Dusty
I might go that way or just go for a light materiel snow bucket. Double the capacity and that translates to half the moving snow time. Half the time translates to half the wear on the machine and the money stays the same :cool:

Glad you liked the video. It was kind of put together a little rough but I don't think anyone was expecting a Hollywood production ;)

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Hi Wildfire:

Thanks for the video. I've really enjoyed your still photography of your projects since I joined the OTT club this summer.

I was curious about one thing and was hoping you could weigh in on this.

I've read you should let a cold diesel tractor idle 5-10 minutes before operating, and also read that idling is bad for a diesel, so as a newbie, I'm confused.

I noticed in your video that you just set right off after less than a minute.
So are you someone who doesn't believe in the 10-minute warmup?

Thanks for any insights.
Dave

Wildfire

Equipment
Hi Wildfire:

Thanks for the video. I've really enjoyed your still photography of your projects since I joined the OTT club this summer.

I was curious about one thing and was hoping you could weigh in on this.

I've read you should let a cold diesel tractor idle 5-10 minutes before operating, and also read that idling is bad for a diesel, so as a newbie, I'm confused.

I noticed in your video that you just set right off after less than a minute.
So are you someone who doesn't believe in the 10-minute warmup?

Thanks for any insights.
Dave
Hi Dave. Glad you've enjoyed my video's so far. There are times I wonder why I do them but when I hear someone like yourself saying they enjoy them it make the effort worth while. Just the other day I received an email from the photographer down in LA of the late Michael Jackson commenting on my YouTube videos and saying how much he enjoyed them. I thought that was pretty nice of him as well.

Now to try and answer your question. It's always wise to let any engine to warm up before operating it. The oils flow better making the lubrication system do it's job more efficiently.

If you have a turbo charged motor it's always wise to let the engine idle for a minute or two before shutting the engine down giving the turbo time to lubricate and cool down.

As far as idling goes I've never seen idling being a problem to a diesel. Diesels are used in many different types of machinery that require low RPM's and plenty of idling time.

Don't be fooled watching me start my tractor. It's stored in a heated shop so when I start it the fluids are warm and it's ready to go to work from the get go. If I stored it outside I'd give it 5-10 minutes depending on the outside temperature. Hope this helps. Cheers, Paul

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks, Paul. That makes perfect sense to me. And of course you've got a heated shop, which explains why you could take off so quickly after starting.
As to Michael Jackson, I can't quite imagine him being a tractor guy, but hey, maybe he was commenting on some other of your videos that we at OTT don't see. haha.
Adios amigo.

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks, Paul. That makes perfect sense to me. And of course you've got a heated shop, which explains why you could take off so quickly after starting.
As to Michael Jackson, I can't quite imagine him being a tractor guy, but hey, maybe he was commenting on some other of your videos that we at OTT don't see. haha.
Adios amigo.
Glad to be of service. As for Jacksons photographer. It was this video he was commenting on. Before I bought a tractor I spent all my spare time restoring items for our collection and this guy just bought a bike like it to restore. Small world.

I have a new video camera now that will make the tractor video's much more enjoyable for the viewer. What I will see you will see. Just need some more snow. ;) Happy tractoring !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W95gDVl4LIQ