Piranha toothbar questions

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Thanks for this. I didn't get a factory cutting edge with my L (expecting delivery this coming Monday!), cause I thought I could put that $$$ towards other aftermarket solutions that might be better.

So I'll either get a factory cutting edge + Piranha regular. Or just get the Piranha pro. It'll be about the same cost in the end.
The Piranha is a good investment.
Some have mentioned that it attaches through the side of the bucked where it's thin.
True, but those are there just to keep the bar in place.
The Piranha slides on the bucket above and below the edge and that is what indexes it.
The bolts, for the most part just keep the bar from sliding off the bucket when you back up.
The only real stress on the sides is how much you tighten the bolts....and that adds support to the bucket.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Not all Piranha bars are created equally. I found a new one on Marketplace and after talking to the owner, I learned that it was for a loader bucket without the reinforcement that Kubota sells for the current crop of buckets that attach with bolts to the bottom of the cutting edge. You need to tell them prior to ordering exactly how you intend to use it. With or without the optional Kubota cutting edge, bolt-on forks, etc. What originally started as a simple bolt-on item has taken on a lot of new variations in application.
The one that I found on Marketplace would have saved me some money but would require me to remove and reinstall my optional cutting edge every time that I wanted to use or remove the Piranha bar.

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
Go Piranha regular. i did and I am also going to add their new Piranha straight bar cutting edge for less aggressive work.