Piranha Bar manufacture location?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The fact that a lot of folks find it amusing/ silly that some people care about where their dollar goes explains a lot about how we got where we are.
I dont understand the scrutiny given to BXpanded for possibly being overseas? you own a Japanese tractor

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It is kind of a comical inquiry. We're in a world market and don't have a lot of choice. If someone is really opposed to foreign companies don't own any mutual funds in your retirement plans 'cause you'll be violating your principles.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Honestly I have been watching this thread to hope to see some other options pop up and a reason why / what to choose…been considering one for the MX (I have a BXexpanded already on the B) but wonder about some other makes such as EA. I have no complaints with the BXpanded, but hoping for some arguments over which is better. I am not sure if I need one for the MX honestly? I am not sure there are really many options of the solid metal style…I am not convinced on the actual toothbar style.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
but hoping for some arguments over which is better.
Seems you would be best served starting a new thread on your desired topic than redirecting this one? (and the topic may have already been covered in the past few months)

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My BX was made in Georgia.
yeah? any ideas where that mighty BX was engineered, designed, administered from? Not a dime of your hard earned money went to Osaka?

"Kubota Georgia" marketing has clearly paid off

Last edited:
  • Haha

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
What’s most perplexing around here is you have Titan attachments, no one bats an eye at their Chinese junk.

but god forbid EA attempts to run a business, collect their money upfront, or BXpanded misses shipping window by two weeks, or doesn’t have ideal packaging, there are 38 page threads bashing them over it.

it’s hard to find more American companies than these two.

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It is kind of a comical inquiry. We're in a world market and don't have a lot of choice. If someone is really opposed to foreign companies don't own any mutual funds in your retirement plans 'cause you'll be violating your principles.
I dont understand the scrutiny given to BXpanded for possibly being overseas? you own a Japanese tractor
Uh..for starters, they are not our #1 geopolitical and economic threat. It's not weather something is made outside of the U.S.A, it is WHERE it is made outside of the U.SA.
Some things we cannot control, but those things we can, we should.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Uh..for starters, they are not our #1 geopolitical and economic threat. It's not weather something is made outside of the U.S.A, it is WHERE it is made outside of the U.SA.

APPLAUSE!

A lot of people are very patriotic until it cramps their wallet a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Do you think the parts, components, and electronics, for these Japanese tractors are all manufactured in Japan and the USA? I have a bridge to sell you.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Do you think the parts, components, and electronics, for these Japanese tractors are all manufactured in Japan and the USA? I have a bridge to sell you.
No, and I never said that I did now did I?. You can keep your bridge.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
No, and I never said that I did now did I?. You can keep your bridge.
I dunno, seemed like you were implying to control where outside the USA you spend regarding our "#1 geopolitical and economic threat"?

Driving around in Orange Tractors do we have a leg to stand on with this position?

and to my disappointment, the bridge is no longer for sale, it's been sold twice.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I dunno, seemed like you were implying to control where outside the USA you spend regarding our "#1 geopolitical and economic threat"?

There are many countries around the world, including Japan, which are quite friendly to the United States. Oddly enough, some are not. Some would like to see us gone, at least as a global influence. Others have stated openly that they wish to destroy us. China is one of those, and has acted consistently with that declaration.

If you are not aware that China is, in fact, our #1 geopolitical and economic threat, you have not been paying attention. (Rather like most Americans were not paying attention to Japan before WWII, and derided thsoe who warned that Japan was a growing threat.)

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
There are many countries around the world, including Japan, which are quite friendly to the United States. Oddly enough, some are not. Some would like to see us gone, at least as a global influence. Others have stated openly that they wish to destroy us. China is one of those, and has acted consistently with that declaration.

If you are not aware that China is, in fact, our #1 geopolitical and economic threat, you have not been paying attention. (Rather like most Americans were not paying attention to Japan before WWII, and derided thsoe who warned that Japan was a growing threat.)
I go to China, regularly, I'm very much aware of what goes on there. I have been to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Xiamen more times than I can count, have you by any chance?

I'm not sure you are following what I am trying to convey above.

My point is, our Japanese tractors likely contain some amount of Chinese, and other imported parts. So standing on ceremony is kind of bs when you are driving around an orange tractor.

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I go to China, regularly, I'm very much aware of what goes on there. I have been to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Xiamen more times than I can count, have you by any chance?

I've lived there. Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Did a short business trip to Hangzou and a personal visit to Hong Kong (though that really isn't China, despite the legal status).