Pinning up the mid mount mower

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I've concluded that the MMM is a pain to take off of my 2650, so I will be removing it only in the late fall after mowing season. So during the mowing season, I need to pin up the MMM when using any 3 point attachments. Currently I use a 2 x 4 as a lever to get the mower high enough to get the pins in, but with a bad back, this is getting more and more difficult to do by myself.
Does anyone have any tricks to make this easier for one person to do? I could get a jack to lift it up, but isn't the most convenient. I'm hoping someone has come up with an easier solution for this.

Thanks

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
I had to adjust my tabs a bit to get the mmm holes a little closer to the holes in the tabs. Once i had my tabs where they needed to be i tightened them down with an impact so they would not move. I then took my die grinder and remed the holes on the tabs about 3/16” bigger. Now pinning the mmm up is a breeze.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I've concluded that the MMM is a pain to take off of my 2650, so I will be removing it only in the late fall after mowing season. So during the mowing season, I need to pin up the MMM when using any 3 point attachments. Currently I use a 2 x 4 as a lever to get the mower high enough to get the pins in, but with a bad back, this is getting more and more difficult to do by myself.
Does anyone have any tricks to make this easier for one person to do? I could get a jack to lift it up, but isn't the most convenient. I'm hoping someone has come up with an easier solution for this.

Thanks
You dont say what size mmm you have. I have the 60" and it is really easy to remove and install. Can be done in less than 3 minutes. The 72" is a drive over but should be about the same. If you want to pin it up, the 3 point that lifts it should be able to lift high enough if adjusted properly against the stops, to slide the pins right in no problem.

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
I don't know if the B is different than the BX, but on the BX I just dial the mow height to the highest level and it doesn't drop at all. I actually do that after every mow as otherwise the MMM tends to drop down on its own after a few days.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I don't know if the B is different than the BX, but on the BX I just dial the mow height to the highest level and it doesn't drop at all. I actually do that after every mow as otherwise the MMM tends to drop down on its own after a few days.
The B is totally different.

B series MMMs are terrain following whereas BX decks are suspended.

SDT

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
You dont say what size mmm you have. I have the 60" and it is really easy to remove and install. Can be done in less than 3 minutes. The 72" is a drive over but should be about the same. If you want to pin it up, the 3 point that lifts it should be able to lift high enough if adjusted properly against the stops, to slide the pins right in no problem.
I actually thought of this after I posted. I'll see if I can adjust the 3 point to lift the mower a bit higher.

Thanks

P.S.- it is a 60" and :eek: I haven't even tried to remove it :eek:, so I may be a little premature saying its difficult to remove, but I thought I've heard this from others.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The B is totally different.

B series MMMs are terrain following whereas BX decks are suspended.

SDT
Actually, it is not correct to say all B series MMM are terrain following mowers. The B2320, 2620 and 2920 and maybe others used the suspended decks like the BX with the height adjustment knob in the floor that also locked the deck up. If you can’t get the lock pins in easily, the lift rod that goes back to the 3 point hitch arm, has an adjuster nut to lengthen or shorten the rod as needed to get the proper lift.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I actually thought of this after I posted. I'll see if I can adjust the 3 point to lift the mower a bit higher.

Thanks

P.S.- it is a 60" and :eek: I haven't even tried to remove it :eek:, so I may be a little premature saying its difficult to remove, but I thought I've heard this from others.
After reading this again this morning, I wonder why a person would say they concluded something is difficult to do when they havent even tried it, going by heresay and giving others on the forum the wrong impression with no facts.

Last edited:

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
After reading this again this morning, I wonder why a person would say they concluded something is difficult to do when they havent even tried it, going by heresay and giving others on the forum the wrong impression with no facts.
Fair enough, if you're confident this is easy and can be removed and installed in less than 3 minutes, I apologize for making you read this a second time. That being said, is this (#7 turnbuckle) what needs to be adjusted to lift the mower to the correct height to pin the mower up without needing to manually lift it to line up?

Thanks

Attachments

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Fair enough, if you're confident this is easy and can be removed and installed in less than 3 minutes, I apologize for making you read this a second time. That being said, is this (#7 turnbuckle) what needs to be adjusted to lift the mower to the correct height to pin the mower up without needing to manually lift it to line up?

Thanks
Yes it is, you need 2 wrenches. One to loosen the jam nut and one to hold the big nut. Once the jam nut is loose, turn the long nut until everything lines up properly. Remember to retighten the jam nut afterwards or else it will back off on its own.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Yes it is, you need 2 wrenches. One to loosen the jam nut and one to hold the big nut. Once the jam nut is loose, turn the long nut until everything lines up properly. Remember to retighten the jam nut afterwards or else it will back off on its own.
Excellent, thanks!

Firefox

Equipment
2650 hst cab,fel,72mmm,48lp forks,48 tiller,PeCo vac,wt box
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
Just pinned up 72" mmm on my 2650.slight tap of hammer to seat them.The deck put on a week ago(for the first time),took less then 1/2 hour but did not drive over.I set the bucket flat on the ground,tilt forward to raise ft wheels off ground and roll the deck in place.Everything hooked up very easy once the deck was positioned.The deck weighs 463#, and of course be very cautious when the wheels are in the air.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Just pinned up 72" mmm on my 2650.slight tap of hammer to seat them.The deck put on a week ago(for the first time),took less then 1/2 hour but did not drive over.I set the bucket flat on the ground,tilt forward to raise ft wheels off ground and roll the deck in place.Everything hooked up very easy once the deck was positioned.The deck weighs 463#, and of course be very cautious when the wheels are in the air.
Wow, I never would have guessed it would weigh that much.

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I am trying to get these lines up. I adjusted the (#7 in picture) turnbuckle on each side. There is a lot of pressure it seems on the two mounts in picture 1, yet the mower does not seem to want to raise up in the front any higher. You can see how much more it needs to go in picture 2. It's about the same on both sides. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
It looks to me that your missing some parts. Mine has tabs that bolt to the upper frame work.

Side note. I was told my messicks(dealer where i bought from) that the b2650 with turf do not come with those tabs for some reason. Messicks just happened to have extras laying around and installed them for me being i ordered my 2650 with turf tires.

Last edited:

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I don't see them used in the manual for pinning, but if I were to have the spacing on the rear stopper adjusted to where the operators manual says to set them (B in picture), the front would come up too high to use the adapter you have. I guess I would need to adjust the turnbuckles so the front holes (with the adapter you have) would line up and not worry about the rear stoppers. Does that make sense?

But according to the manual, unless I'm missing something, the only adjustment is the turnbuckle, which raises the front and back of the mower deck together. In my case, raising it up as far as I can, makes the rear stops bottom out, yet doesn't bring the front up enough, almost 3/4" too low. I'll have to talk to my dealer and see if he can get me those adapters you have.

Thanks

Attachments