Pinion bearing case

appleguy

Equipment
L275Dt, front mount snow blower, bean 3 pt sprayer, 6' bush hog mower
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
the front pinion bearing case on my L275DT is broken after the pinion shaft bearings seized. Kubota says no longer available. anybody have one or know where to get one??
We just got 13" of snow and more on the way, so need to get tractor up and running.

appleguy

Equipment
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
No photo yet but part# is 35290-43230. It is a cast part and at least three chunks are broken off (part on one side that holds bearings in place).

appleguy

Equipment
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
well Messicks doesn't have one after all and the KY salvage yard does not have any L275 DT's. anybody else have any ideas
??

appleguy

Equipment
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
This site amazes me with all of the assistance offered. thanks Eric. Part has been ordered. Tractor is just a cold chunk of snow covered steel without this part. Hopefully she will be back up and running by New Years!!!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
This site amazes me with all of the assistance offered. thanks Eric. Part has been ordered. Tractor is just a cold chunk of snow covered steel without this part. Hopefully she will be back up and running by New Years!!!
Everyone on here is helpful, but Eric is usually the go-to guy when it comes to finding something!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
G O O G L E I love that web site!

I'm not going to lie I have a Google education! LOL

I recently discovered you can put a part number into Googles search bar and it will sniff out who carries that part. With a little digging around some people offer items way cheaper then others.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
G O O G L E I love that web site!

I'm not going to lie I have a Google education! LOL

I recently discovered you can put a part number into Googles search bar and it will sniff out who carries that part. With a little digging around some people offer items way cheaper then others.
Me too, Eric. Google is a fantastic tool. I seldom run into a situation where I can't find what I am looking for. That happened this week, though. I felt helpless.
Fortunately, with a little knowledge from other folks, I had enough information to start digging. I have acquired a single cylinder engine off of an old Navy air compressor. It has no markings on it, other than a Fairbanks Morse tag on the magneto. Some folks on another forum (sorry OTT, they had a dedicated small engine section) pointed me towards Wisconsin, and I now know that I have a 9.2 hp Wisconsin AENL. It is a big sucker, and weighs 120 lbs. It spins freely, and I am excited to get it running.
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br549_red/?action=view&current=003-1.jpg

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Can you still get parts for that old Wisconsin engine? I'v heard that parts are getting to be hard to come by since they are no loner in business.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Can you still get parts for that old Wisconsin engine? I'v heard that parts are getting to be hard to come by since they are no loner in business.
It seems like there are a lot of used parts floating around out in the cyberworld. I don't have a real need for the engine, just a fascination. So, if I can get it running and it doesn't need anything (it is complete, unless there are issues with the mag or carburetor), I will be happy. The glass fuel bowl is even there and unbroken, and it spins smoothly- well, except for the accorns in the flywheel.