Picture your vehicles with the stickers.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
When I bought my F150, I told the salesman that if it had a dealer sticker on it when I came to pick it up, the deal was off. He said it already had one on it, and I told him it better be off when I came to pick it up. He had al kinds of excuses for it being on the truck, and I asked if he wanted to sell it or not. I guess it ruffled some feathers in the service department, but it was gone when I picked it up.
I bought it from them, but I'll be damned if I'll advertise for them.
I stated the same condition!
No dealer sticker,....or the deal is off!
It is simply a matter of principle to me!

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My pickup had a tiny dealer sticker on the lower/left tailgate area. It was kind of a waxy decal…. easily removed with my fingernail….

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I could care less what my tractor "looks" like or what stickers have survived physical abuse from tractor operation, sun drying and peeling, or power washer forces. It's my workhorse, and looks like it.
But I certainly DO notice the plastic bits the stickers leave behind. Just more plastic pollution spread all over our yards, forests and fields.

But there's some dealerships out there that their customers are quite happy with and will happily advertise for them, no?
On that point, who's seeing my tractor's dealer sticker(s) may actually be interested in where it was acquired because they really like this Kubota.
And besides, I'm still sporting my Kubota toque, jacket, and baseball cap from when I bought it 6 years ago! Does everyone tear all the complementary clothing logos off or refuse them? How many see those "advertisements" over the 6 years that I wear them regularly in public is WAY more than my tractor's half-torn-off stickers sell anyone on anything.

Just doing the devil's ad, just sayin', etc. lol....

Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I get a check every week from the dealer that has their sticker on the back of the car 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
When I worked for the big equipment company I was told every sticker was because of a lawsuit.
Like don't put your hand in a turning drive shaft.
Don't jump off the 50 foot tall derrick.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I bought and installed this sticker on my tractor.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't mind stickers. I don't even think about them. One of my friends took every sticker off every motorcycle he ever bought, and that includes dirt bikes. It was kind of his hobby ... I guess. If he had a tractor, he'd probably take them off of it, too.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I kind of like the sticker on mine that explains in some detail how to defer a regen, do a parked regen, etc. After 400+ hours haven’t had anything other than uneventful auto regens so if it ever does something weird, it might be nice to have that info right there on the fender instead of having to pull it up in the OM even though I have a copy of the OM in my phone.

Aside from that, the stickers look like stuff that came from the legal department. If you need a sticker to know running the loader into a power line is ill advised or getting caught in a running PTO is likely to wring you out like a dishrag, you probably ought not run the thing at all prior to remedial training. Pretty sure there’s a small dealer sticker on it somewhere but wouldn’t swear to it.

To me, the stickers are like a diamond pendant on a gold chain on a homely girl’s neck. They aren’t good. They aren’t bad. They’re just kind of there. I suspect they’re still there but I don’t really see them any more.

For some reason, my cars and trucks are different. Dealer puts their sticker and stupid license plate frame on it; they both come off immediately. Can’t explain it, I just don’t like it.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I got 1 hat, a t shirt, 2, 6 packs, and a water bottle. My son got some stickers, key chains and hat as well. The dealer took 800.00 off with the attachments we bought and also got an invite to a special lunch they had at the dealer.
20230425_165314.jpg

I honestly don't think much of my dealer. They have an okay reputation, but a lot of turn over and the business hasn't been the same since new owners took over. The sales guy was super friendly, and knowledgeable......I pretty much knew what I was looking for though. But I think any sales guy would punch a fat kid at Kmart to make a potential sale. I looked at 3 other brands locally and my package deal was cheaper than the competitors tractor alone. Even though I peeled off the dealer sticker on my truck after a bad experience there I'm not going to waste my time on doing that to the tractor...... I honestly didn't even notice where they are. Some guys get all excited about stickers on classic garden tractors seeing where they came from etc and I can get that. I think people will recognize the orange brand tractor before they see a dealer sticker and think " oh I need to run to that same exact place." isn't driving around the tractor free advertising for Kubota? As for as safety stickers they don't bother me, as mentioned they're stickers, and it's there to cover the company tails. My neighbor barrows some equipment from time to time and I'd love to put an odd sticker on something just to see his confused look.
Screenshot_20200811-185614_Facebook.jpg

But everyone is entitled to do what they please with their tractor. I wonder though if in a corrupted world if a dealer would take less in on a trade in on a unit with drilled rops or something that needed to be replaced or a tech to resticker or if the unit got sold to a 3rd party and that person hurt because the past owner removed the dummy stickers, if the past owner would be held responsible? I guess it's like tearing off a mattress tag........

Last edited:
  • Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I got 1 hat, a t shirt, 2, 6 packs, and a water bottle. My son got some stickers, key chains and hat as well. The dealer took 800.00 off with the attachments we bought and also got an invite to a special lunch they had at the dealer.
View attachment 117434
I honestly don't think much of my dealer. They have an okay reputation, but a lot of turn over and the business hasn't been the same since new owners took over. The sales guy was super friendly, and knowledgeable......I pretty much knew what I was looking for though. But I think any sales guy would punch a fat kid at Kmart to make a potential sale. I looked at 3 other brands locally and my package deal was cheaper than the competitors tractor alone. Even though I peeled off the dealer sticker on my truck after a bad experience there I'm not going to waste my time on doing that to the tractor...... I honestly didn't even notice where they are. Some guys get all excited about stickers on classic garden tractors seeing where they came from etc and I can get that. I think people will recognize the orange brand tractor before they see a dealer sticker and think " oh I need to run to that same exact place." isn't driving around the tractor free advertising for Kubota? As for as safety stickers they don't bother me, as mentioned they're stickers, and it's there to cover the company tails. My neighbor barrows some equipment from time to time and I'd love to put an odd sticker on something just to see his confused look. View attachment 117438
But everyone is entitled to do what they please with their tractor. I wonder though if in a corrupted world if a dealer would take less in on a trade in on a unit with drilled rops or something that needed to be replaced or a tech to resticker or if the unit got sold to a 3rd party and that person hurt because the past owner removed the dummy stickers, if the past owner would be held responsible? I guess it's like tearing off a mattress tag........
Yup.....one must always beware of the "mattress police".
Can the "sticker police" be far behind?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
View attachment 117434
I honestly don't think much of my dealer. They have an okay reputation, but a lot of turn over and the business hasn't been the same since new owners took over. The sales guy was super friendly, and knowledgeable......I pretty much knew what I was looking for though. But I think any sales guy would punch a fat kid at Kmart to make a potential sale. I looked at 3 other brands locally and my package deal was cheaper than the competitors tractor alone. Even though I peeled off the dealer sticker on my truck after a bad experience there I'm not going to waste my time on doing that to the tractor...... I honestly didn't even notice where they are. Some guys get all excited about stickers on classic garden tractors seeing where they came from etc and I can get that. I think people will recognize the orange brand tractor before they see a dealer sticker and think " oh I need to run to that same exact place." isn't driving around the tractor free advertising for Kubota? As for as safety stickers they don't bother me, as mentioned they're stickers, and it's there to cover the company tails. My neighbor barrows some equipment from time to time and I'd love to put an odd sticker on something just to see his confused look. View attachment 117438

That warning label is because of this......OUCH!!!!!!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/suture-self/

• Haha

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
To me, the stickers are like a diamond pendant on a gold chain on a homely girl’s neck. They aren’t good. They aren’t bad. They’re just kind of there. I suspect they’re still there but I don’t really see them any more.
No, the diamond pendant is to draw your attention away from the homely face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I remember reading a story about Russian tourists taking pictures of warning labels because they were so funny. Russia must not have many lawyers.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I remember reading a story about Russian tourists taking pictures of warning labels because they were so funny. Russia must not have many lawyers.
1701785710443.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
I also can’t stand all the stickers. Just athletically, words plastered all over things cheapens them, in my view. I don’t often wear clothes with words, I remove most the stuff with words from my cars, and I peeled many of the stickers off my tractor and implements/attachments.

IMG_4209.jpeg