Picture of your tractor on your trailer

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Great looking trailer. I have almost the same thing, but no beaver tail or stabilizers on the ramp. I almost bought several other brands before I discovered the PJ I ended up with, and feel like I dodged bullets on all of them. The PJ has some really nice and well-thought out features, and pretty much everything I was really looking for.

I didn't want a beaver tail when I bought mine because I was afraid it might drag on a sharp elevation change. But I don't know, if I upgrade my tandem axle trailer, which I would like to, I may consider the beaver tail next time. Not having a beaver tail means any time I'm loading a tractor with a mower deck I need to load/unload with at least a slight hill right behind the trailer to get the gate up some. When loading with my backhoe on, I have to do the same, or stick some blocks under the end of the gate or the backhoe will hit the gate or the ground.

The stabilizers on the ramp, I really wish I had that. When I had my BX, it wasn't that big of a deal since it wasn't as heavy. But now when loading with the backhoe or any other larger tractor, I have to block up the back end.

Nice ^^ and that is an awesome B2650. It tows and loads really nice. They look like nearly the same models. What initially sold me was ramp capacity and the rear stands. My subconscious telling me to get a bigger tractor. When I learned the whole utility rail pops off and can become an open deck it was easy to pick the PJ over the 'cheaper' aluminum one I was considering, which was still really expensive (me).

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I upgraded the tow rig recently. Boy, trucks have gotten expensive!

View attachment 48487
Nice looking truck. I asked the finance committee and was told that the daughter has to finish college first before I can look at a new tow vehicle. I believe that is a F250? What is it rated to tow from the class V hitch?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I upgraded the tow rig recently. Boy, trucks have gotten expensive!

View attachment 48487
nice!

My wife recently bought this one for me as a birthday surprise. Seriously, I had nothing to do with the purchase and had only some mild interest in entertaining a new "tow vehicle". This thing rolled up on my birthday, and I heard a knock at the door. Then, some guy handed me two sets of keys and said "enjoy"!

So, I would have to disagree with your statement on the costs of a truck...mine was free! ;)

I know, I'm a very lucky man that has a wonderful wife of 25 years together.

F150 2.jpg
diamondback 270.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Nice looking truck. I asked the finance committee and was told that the daughter has to finish college first before I can look at a new tow vehicle. I believe that is a F250? What is it rated to tow from the class V hitch?
It is an F350 6.7L Diesel Long Bed Lariat. Rated up to 21K depending on the setup, 27,500 for 5th-Wheel and 32,500 Gooseneck.

I have the heavy tow prep package but not dual wheels, so I am not exactly sure where it tops out. It will safely tow anything I need it to right now and it hardly notices the Kubota.

It is a few inches longer than the state of Rhode Island - lol.

truck2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
@NHSleddog congrats on the new truck! that thing is awesome. Must be like turning the queen mary in parking lots

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I guess now you have to be one of those annoying back into the parking space people!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
@NHSleddog congrats on the new truck! that thing is awesome. Must be like turning the queen mary in parking lots
Thanks, but for some reason I feel like it should be Ford that is congratulated. They got this cheap Yankee to spend a lot of dough on a truck.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well sure, when you get the fancy Lariat! ;)
I started with roll-up windows. Every truck along the way I have upgraded. I like the Lariats. This one has aluminum body panels so they won't ever rust, I'll probably keep it for years to come.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
They got this cheap Yankee to spend a lot of dough on a truck.
Very nice truck....and that's a lot of truck.

They call it sticker shock for a reason. Betting Ford was quite proud of it. Like you said, trucks have gotten so expensive.

Years ago, saw a new Chevy work truck, 1/2 ton, regular cab, 8' box, V8, auto, 4WD on the lot for $11k+.......all I could think was how can anyone afford those prices!?!?!?

I'm on my 6th Chevy Silverado 1500, a 2017. Crew, Z71, 5.3l, 1LT, 4WD. All bought new over many years. Not fancy/heavy duty, but new 2020 sticker is as much as I paid for my house.....😳

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
It is an F350 6.7L Diesel Long Bed Lariat. Rated up to 21K depending on the setup, 27,500 for 5th-Wheel and 32,500 Gooseneck.

I have the heavy tow prep package but not dual wheels, so I am not exactly sure where it tops out. It will safely tow anything I need it to right now and it hardly notices the Kubota.

View attachment 48492
I have the same truck 2017 in DRW. I love it!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This one has aluminum body panels so they won't ever rust, I'll probably keep it for years to come.
A friend bought an F150 a couple years ago. Loves it.

He'd driven Chevy's for years.

One thing he noticed was the aluminum made the rear-end a little light in snowy/icy conditions.

Not a problem, just something he had to plan for. I think he threw a little weight in the box to compensate.

Dvan

Equipment
Kubota L2501- LA525 Loader- RCR1260 Rotary mower- BB1260 Box Blade- RB1672 Blade
Sep 28, 2019
Parker, Colorado

View attachment 48492
Looks familiar!
766717BB-E808-4444-9CC1-2E69050C9172.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
A friend bought an F150 a couple years ago. Loves it.

He'd driven Chevy's for years.

One thing he noticed was the aluminum made the rear-end a little light in snowy/icy conditions.

Not a problem, just something he had to plan for. I think he threw a little weight in the box to compensate.
My buddy (die hard Chevy fan) was pointing out that if I drop a 200lb toolbox from 4' high at an angle, it can dent the aluminum bed.

I pointed out to him that in 20 years when the Chevy is literally full of holes, I will have a dent in my bed, which I probably won't get fixed BECAUSE IT IS A TRUCK and should have some dents in the bed. lol

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My buddy (die hard Chevy fan) was pointing out that if I drop a 200lb toolbox from 4' high at an angle, it can dent the aluminum bed.
I’m a Chevy guy, but to each their own.

Talked to another buddy this morning. He has F350 Lariat gas/short box version of your truck. A 2019 that replaced a long-time Super Duty diesel.

Loves the truck, but misses the diesel A LOT. He said it’s a little light, but if a diesel was stuffed in there it’d be perfect.....😎

Last edited:

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I started with roll-up windows. Every truck along the way I have upgraded. I like the Lariats. This one has aluminum body panels so they won't ever rust, I'll probably keep it for years to come.
I'm a big mopar fan. Would love a Cummins powered truck. But honestly, Ford is doing it right with the aluminum bodies. I’ve got a 2019 F150 and it’s a really nice truck.

Because of the rust here in WI I wouldn’t buy a truck without an aluminum body.