Picture of your tractor on your trailer

Blue280z

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 1, 2020
Canada
My buddy transported my BX25 in a 12' bin.

Here is the bin w/o the tractor in it

1595594865918.png

And loading
1595594906421.png

Reactions: 3 users

Digger.Jeep

Equipment
LX2610SU - GS1560, BB1260, BB20-48, RCR1860, PFL1242
Jul 11, 2020
Northwest Washington
Finally got to bring her home. LX2610SU in my 14' Load Trail dump trailer. Barely fits with the 60" grader scraper attached, but I can close the rear doors. I'll have to remove the rear gate when I haul the rotary cutter. I noticed a significant drop in fuel mileage, due to the bucket catching so much air I suspect. Tows great though!
2020-07-24 18.02.36.jpg
2020-07-24 18.02.24.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
hands down my favorite thread on the entire forum.

I have narrowed search down to 16' tandem all aluminum trailer, either Carry-On or Aluma. The Aluma is $1000 more, but it has rear stabilizer stands built in, torsion axle, longer ramp. The Carry-On has no stands. Rear stands were one of the things I wanted to have.

Are portable stands any good to use for these applications? Or should I stick with the more expensive trailer that has them built in?

BX residential use, will prob be transported with loader and brush hog.

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
hands down my favorite thread on the entire forum. You guys have some awesome stuff. This thread has pushed me over the line on getting a trailer.

I have a 16' double axle all aluminum trailer picked out, either Carry-On or Aluma. The Aluma is $1000 more, but it has rear stabilizer stands built in, torsion axle, longer ramp. The Carry-On has no stands (and leafs). Rear stands were one of the things I wanted to have.

Are portable stands any good to use for these applications? Or should I stick with the more expensive trailer that has them built in?

BX residential use, will prob be transported with loader and brush hog.

Right now I've been borrowing my dads single axle 10' trailer and it's terrifying.
Simplify every thing to do with the trailer. What I mean is the jacks being built in saves several trips back and forth to the truck to get the blocks of wood and then the jacks etc. Also a fold up tailgate saves carrying the ramps around to the side and have to slide them in and then strapping them down. A box on the tongue to store straps and chains.

Think about what you are doing and then think about doing it with a bad back or a bum leg. Buy now what you need when you get older.

I have a gooseneck trailer that I can no longer flip the ramps so it does not do me much good.

Reactions: 4 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My trailer after the Grapple Mount mod.
7x20' 7K Spring suspension with brakes on each axle.

new-trailer.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

SmallTimeGuy

Equipment
LX2610, LA535 FEL, RCR1248 Rotary cutter
Jul 30, 2020
Albany,OH
LX2610 on an 18' gatormade with slide out ramps. I generally throw 2 jackstands under the rear of the trailer for loading/unloading. I haven't hauled it with the cutter or anything yet as I only have 1.5hours on the new machine, I only recently got the trailer. It's a 2017 I picked up for 1500. Iirc its 7500lb

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA

I hadn't got all the straps wrapped up, but I wrap them up to prevent them from flying around in the wind.

Trailer is 12,000lbs rated trailer. Trailer weighs ~2,700lbs. If I have the bucket and box blade on, tractor weight is ~6,500. SUV is rated for 9,200lbs of towing.

Trailer is 20 feet, split loading ramp, and brakes on both axles.
Hi. I can't tell what make/model UV you have there.... can you please let me know? Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Hi. I can't tell what make/model UV you have there.... can you please let me know? Thanks
Ford Expedition with towing package, rated for 9,200lbs of towing.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I am happy to finally be able to participate in this thread!
7' x 16' PJ UL162

I tried to get into aluminum, but I just couldn't make it work within budget, unless I purchased a "Carry-On" which did not have rear stabilizers, removable utility rails, or spare.

Reactions: 5 users

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I am happy to finally be able to participate in this thread!
7' x 16' PJ UL162

I tried to get into aluminum, but I just couldn't make it work within budget, unless I purchased a "Carry-On" which did not have rear stabilizers, removable utility rails, or spare.

Great looking trailer. I have almost the same thing, but no beaver tail or stabilizers on the ramp. I almost bought several other brands before I discovered the PJ I ended up with, and feel like I dodged bullets on all of them. The PJ has some really nice and well-thought out features, and pretty much everything I was really looking for.

I didn't want a beaver tail when I bought mine because I was afraid it might drag on a sharp elevation change. But I don't know, if I upgrade my tandem axle trailer, which I would like to, I may consider the beaver tail next time. Not having a beaver tail means any time I'm loading a tractor with a mower deck I need to load/unload with at least a slight hill right behind the trailer to get the gate up some. When loading with my backhoe on, I have to do the same, or stick some blocks under the end of the gate or the backhoe will hit the gate or the ground.

The stabilizers on the ramp, I really wish I had that. When I had my BX, it wasn't that big of a deal since it wasn't as heavy. But now when loading with the backhoe or any other larger tractor, I have to block up the back end.

Reactions: 1 users