Pick-up Bed

robj

Equipment
Kubota B7100 Woods 145 Loader, Landscape rake, post Hole digger, Dragger Blade,
May 3, 2021
Fork, Md
I don't use the rear PTO very often but I do have a need to carry tools, chainsaws etc... quite often. I cut a garden cart in half and made a short "pick-up" bed which is working out well.

A quick question, does the "Kubota Orange" paint sold most places, [like Tractor Supply] match a new, [1 year old] tractor?

Thanks,
robj
J0Ne8g0bTbOxEVP2ACrbBw.jpg

pMKuLVNnTwO1ab49LAQgCg.jpg

no0AhU+DTpuB8GClI7czNA.jpg

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Yes, Extremely close in my experience. I purchased the base part off a back blade to make a multi tool for back end and it came Kubota orange as ordered and then I modified and painted over with tsc orange paint and you would not know the difference. These are the couple items I painted and they match really well. I’ve used it too touch up implements and it matched fine…..see the ballast box on the back end. The lower portion was modified and then painted. It matches the tractor just fine.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I don't use the rear PTO very often but I do have a need to carry tools, chainsaws etc... quite often. I cut a garden cart in half and made a short "pick-up" bed which is working out well.

A quick question, does the "Kubota Orange" paint sold most places, [like Tractor Supply] match a new, [1 year old] tractor?

Thanks,
robj View attachment 80334

View attachment 80336

View attachment 80337
They used to have Mystic- not good paint (or match, as I remember). Their other brand was pretty good.

edit: I meant Majic

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Thanks,

View attachment 80336

View attachment 80337
The color you need is often referred to as "Kubota 2"
Do NOT buy the TSC Kubota match paint!
It is "Majic" branded, and is absolute junk!

robj

Equipment
May 3, 2021
Fork, Md
Suggestions as to a supplier? Maybe a link?
Thanks,
robj

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Krylon Kubota orange is GARBAGE! It fades to pink within a couple months...and that's under west Michigan cloud cover.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
You could also consider painting it the Kubota grey as there would be less of a concern with the matching issue. That color is also readily available. I have a spray can of it that I use to touch up the ROPs that I bang off of tree branches. Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel. There does not seem to be any color identifying markings on the can. Just the grey cap. Looks to be a perfect match for my 1 year old tractor. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users

robj

Equipment
May 3, 2021
Fork, Md
Thanks all,
A quart is ordered, I already had the gray for supporting parts.

I'll post a photo when it's all painted up.

robj

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
With your ability make a top link that has a quick release (like on a small dump trailer) so you can hall material and dump it out.

robj

Equipment
May 3, 2021
Fork, Md
With your ability make a top link that has a quick release (like on a small dump trailer) so you can hall material and dump it out.
It does have a pin that I can pull and it will dump but to be honest it's a little small to be useful as a dump. I can get a lot more in the loader bucket [when the grapple isn't attached] and if I have a whole lot of stuff I have a 14' dump trailer.
But it's great for tools, chainsaws and gas cans.

I googled "tractor pickup bed" and there is a company that makes one. But it's really heavy duty [you can hang suitcase weights on it] and has lots of holders for saws, trimmers etc..
But, much heavier duty than I needed and if I recall it was like $2500 or so.

The garden trailer was behind the tractor shed, and I think I got it for free...

So for the cost of paint and a few bolts.

robj

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

Thanks,

View attachment 80336

View attachment 80337
Great idea! Beware that sheet metal base can fold up and collapse if you fully load that box with something heavy like soil. I put a 2x2 steel tube sub frame and ball hitch under mine and a 1,500 lbs axel with golf cart wheels to fix it. The box is the only thing that survives from the original trailer!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Great Idea, but, Implements like this are normally designed so that they clear everything when the three point is in the full up position, by the looks of your dimensions, if you accidentally lift it your going to put it through the fenders and lights. and into the back of the seat.
some models have a manual max lift stop, I hope yours does.

robj

Equipment
May 3, 2021
Fork, Md
My friend got his sandblaster operational so after some delay the garden cart-pickup bed is finally painted.
For the cost of a quart of paint and a few decals I think it turned out pretty factory looking.

robj
P.S. Wolfman, Thanks for that tip. I did wire tie the lift so the handle can't be moved by accident.
P.P.S. 3 decals came in the kit so I thought what the heck.

fullsizeoutput_e73.jpeg

JvXRD5BHRXWX1kpxz3Od4w.jpg

fullsizeoutput_e77.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e76.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 10 users