Photo shoot anything lately? Random Photo Thread

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I am fortunate to host a Wisconsin state owned trail camera on my property. The program is called Snapshot Wisconsin. Worth taking a look at in my opinion, here is a link.

snapshot

Yesterday I pulled the card, mandated that I do at least every 90 days, and then uploaded the encrypted photos. The Snapshot program uses the photos generated for wildlife research and game management. After the photos are looked at by staff they send me a link so I can see what I uploaded and classify for species etc if I so choose.

A few interesting shots.
One of the black bears that roam around.
A fawn suckling mom.
The picture of the turkeys is interesting. Two toms, one displaying while a hen with her poults look on.
And had to throw in a "orange" photo! :)
AlbumFlagPhotoImage.jpeg

AlbumFlagPhotoImage-2.jpeg

AlbumFlagPhotoImage-3.jpeg
AlbumFlagPhotoImage-5.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Lots of deer around here this year.
I could brag all day about how good the cameras are on the Samsung S23 ultra.
But I'll just post a couple.
This buck is a trophy for me should I get a chance in October to stick him with a arrow. I know other parts of the country hunters would let him walk. I'm guessing maybe 160-170 lbs. But still has a few months to pack on some weight. When he shows up around other deer he really stands out.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
8-pointer!
That's about as big as they get around here (southeast PA) also.

Since we've had the dog (1.5 years), the deer pressure on our ornamentals has dropped off a lot. But just lately, they're sneaking up to the house in the pre-dawn to take the hosta (aka Deer Candy) leaves. [That used to happen in the spring!]

I have a herd that fluctuates between 10 and 20 head... What's nice (for them) is that they have a continuous corridor of undeveloped woods that hasn't been logged in 50 years stretching a good 3 miles East of me, up a creek valley. [Deer tend to migrate along waterways.] So, they have plenty of other residents to bother, besides me.

Screech owls are starting to crow around sunset...Probably new fledglings trying to establish some territory. We often have big battles nearby between the Great Horned owl fledglings in the late summer... Sometimes 3 or 4 of them, all hooting at each other at once.

I've been conscientious about leaving as many standing dead trees as I can. If it can't possibly hurt anything when it falls, I'm leaving it. I let the last one fall across my driveway. Pileated woodpeckers, Flickers, Red-bellied woodpeckers, Downies, Hairies. Too many to count. Owls packed in too (Screech and Great-Horned do not like to share territory!). Pileateds will find a 'signal' tree, and I swear, you can hear them hammering from 1000 yards away!

-Paul

Reactions: 1 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Stuff from the backyard cam. The crow reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." A couple shots of a bachelor herd.
HD0024.JPG
PICT0027.JPG
PICT0032.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Stuff from the backyard cam. The crow reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's "TheBirds." A couple shots of a bachelor herd. View attachment 109203 View attachment 109204 View attachment 109205
I was reading about food piles the other night and came across this article. Is there any cases CWD near by?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
There a few areas in TX with it and 30 other states.
Wisconsin unfortunately is one of those states. It is not legal for me to put out feed for deer or other animals. I can put out bird seed and feed for small mammals but there is a set of rules. Maximum distance from a inhabited structure, high enough that the feed is not accessible to deer etc. Baiting for deer is not allowed in about 55 of the 72 counties. It is legal in a no feed/baiting county to put in food plots or leave standing crops, plant apple trees and put out water.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I spotted this receptacle in a restaurant during dinner on Saturday. Wondering if the electrichicken goofed with his rough-in height, the ceramic guy decided to just stop right there, or whether the two of them conspired to make life challenging for the finish carpenter doing the chair rail:)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Wisconsin unfortunately is one of those states. It is not legal for me to put out feed for deer or other animals. I can put out bird seed and feed for small mammals but there is a set of rules. Maximum distance from a inhabited structure, high enough that the feed is not accessible to deer etc. Baiting for deer is not allowed in about 55 of the 72 counties. It is legal in a no feed/baiting county to put in food plots or leave standing crops, plant apple trees and put out water.
We have it in Kansas too. I hope we can keep it limited. I do plant food plots & use timed feeders.
Our Fish & Game commission is considering banning bait for big game. I’m not sure how I feel about this issue. I’ve hunted both ways over the years (with & without bait). Deer are herding animals. I’ve seen them in groups eating only what Mother Nature provided, & around feeders. I can say growing the deer has been as much fun as hunting them. My family consumes 4-5 deer each year. I would sure miss the deer if CWD shows up.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I spotted this receptacle in a restaurant during dinner on Saturday. Wondering if the electrichicken goofed with his rough-in height, the ceramic guy decided to just stop right there, or whether the two of them conspired to make life challenging for the finish carpenter doing the chair rail:)
^^^^^

Never ceases to amaze me (and I don't amaze easily).

Bad Idea.jpg

door.jpg
ElectricityTest.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My niece and I took the chairlift up Big Mountain last week and had a great time. We ate lunch and had a few drinks at the top.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Found a couple of Monarch caterpillars on the milkweed we planted this spring. Have seen a couple of Monarchs flying around them, and apparently they laid some eggs. I've seen more of them this year that for the last 15 years or so.

IMG_20230815_140551322 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20230815_140607589 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: 3 users