Photo shoot anything lately? Random Photo Thread

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Finishing up the field in the last rays of the setting sun...today in the Quinn River Valley, Nevada.
P1000586erorngtractor2-11-23.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
A New York Skyscraper from my point of view. View across the driveway.
sky.jpg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The Mrs caught this on this evening’s walk with Geddy. Dairy farm is just 300 yards from the house.

C9683047-2D3F-4600-8FC1-43BEB9193F35.jpeg

Geddy’s made a buddy this winter.

Heifer on the right is quite enamored with him. She’ll lick his face, and he loves it.
579BAB82-947C-47C3-B39B-2C1D54C414CB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Cabin fever here in Central Wi has set in for me which means I start looking forward to the spring/summer/fall at my oak savanna restoration project.

This one is from last summer at my little wild life pond. Fun watching this fawn enjoying the summer day!

Reactions: 4 users

moorzy

Equipment
The Kubota
Jan 29, 2023
Canada
2008-11-3_181841_4.jpg

I love taking photos too. I'm just a beginner but I try to follow professional photographers to improve my skills. I found recently cool flower background images to get some inspiration. I often check depositphotos to find new ideas for my photos. There are thousands of images and photos on different themes. There are good prices starting from $0.22.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sunset View from front yard the other night, Jupiter is the bright one.

20230321_195652.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I took these photos (untouched) last week at my friend's place on the Flathead River. I cut his fields each year and will be plowing, discing, planting and mowing at his place this spring and summer. He has a boat ramp to the right of the dock and this is where I'll be putting the boat in when we venture out onto Flathead Lake. The river is low and slow at the moment but it'll soon be flowing fast with all of the ice melt and the water level will rise considerably. Flathead Lake is around 370 ft deep along parts of the East Shore, but the water level is controlled via a dam in Polson at the south end of the lake.

The mountains in the background are part of the Swan Range that extend from Columbia Falls down to Missoula.

flathead_river_01.jpg

flathead_river_02.jpg

flathead_river_03.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
No idea. I happened to be driving by at sunset when I saw the background and took the photo.
I thought that you were finishing up the field in your tractor! :LOL: Looks like a Massey or a Case, but either way it's a stunning photo.

Reactions: 1 user

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
I flew out to visit my daughter during her spring break at the University of Portland and except for delayed flights resulting in missed connections that caused me to go 37 hours without sleep on the trip home, it was a great experience. From the snow at Government Camp to the Oregon beaches and a brief visit to the Tillamook air museum (complete with an orange Deere) there was a lot for baby cam to photograph. I call my tiny Canon M6 Mark II camera I use for traveling baby cam because it is so tiny and light compared to the multiple Canon 1DX II and III bodies and lenses I use for sports photography.

It was a great experience and a chance to celebrate the experiences of her freshman year since Anna was awarded a paid internship for Los Alamos National Lab just before I flew out. I am looking forward to a summer visit to New Mexico now :)

Rodger

IMG_1687.jpg
IMG_1823.jpg
IMG_1838.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1987.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I flew out to visit my daughter during her spring break at the University of Portland and except for delayed flights resulting in missed connections that caused me to go 37 hours without sleep on the trip home, it was a great experience. From the snow at Government Camp to the Oregon beaches and a brief visit to the Tillamook air museum (complete with an orange Deere) there was a lot for baby cam to photograph. I call my tiny Canon M6 Mark II camera I use for traveling baby cam because it is so tiny and light compared to the multiple Canon 1DX II and III bodies and lenses I use for sports photography.

It was a great experience and a chance to celebrate the experiences of her freshman year since Anna was awarded a paid internship for Los Alamos National Lab just before I flew out. I am looking forward to a summer visit to New Mexico now :)

Rodger
Wonderful photos! Did you go up Mount Hood to the Timberline Lodge? I lived in Portland for a year in '92/'93 and really enjoyed going up to the lodge both in the winter and the summer. Congratulations to your daughter on the internship.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Wonderful photos! Did you go up Mount Hood to the Timberline Lodge? I lived in Portland for a year in '92/'93 and really enjoyed going up to the lodge both in the winter and the summer. Congratulations to your daughter on the internship.
Thanks! Timberline was in the plans but because of a major winter storm warning starting the next afternoon with 60 MPH+ wind and an additional 2 to 3 feet of snow, we spent the night in Government Camp and then headed for the coast. It would have been fun to stay at Timberline during a winter storm but we didn't want to get stranded there for days. The prof, now associate dean, that Anna has done research with since her freshman year of high school took her to the lodge when they went snowboarding there in late February. Even at Government Camp, we were awakened every couple of hours all night by an excavator keeping the road and parking lot open.

The PNW really is a beautiful area and I look forward to many more visits there before Anna completes her undergrad. I did some consulting work with Tektronix in Beaverton in the early 1990s and loved the area back then. I retired from the university in 2015 but agreed to come back and teach a section or two of a senior level strategy course starting this spring but with the condition that I would be missing one class each semester since semester breaks don't seem to coincide between Illinois State U and the University of Portland :(

Rodger

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks! Timberline was in the plans but because of a major winter storm warning starting the next afternoon with 60 MPH+ wind and an additional 2 to 3 feet of snow, we spent the night in Government Camp and then headed for the coast. It would have been fun to stay at Timberline during a winter storm but we didn't want to get stranded there for days. The prof, now associate dean, that Anna has done research with since her freshman year of high school took her to the lodge when they went snowboarding there in late February. Even at Government Camp, we were awakened every couple of hours all night by an excavator keeping the road and parking lot open.

The PNW really is a beautiful area and I look forward to many more visits there before Anna completes her undergrad. I did some consulting work with Tektronix in Beaverton in the early 1990s and loved the area back then. I retired from the university in 2015 but agreed to come back and teach a section or two of a senior level strategy course starting this spring but with the condition that I would be missing one class each semester since semester breaks don't seem to coincide between Illinois State U and the University of Portland :(

Rodger
Yes, the PNW has a lot of natural beauty, as do parts of Washington state, and of course Montana, Wyoming etc. I haven't spent much time in New Mexico other than driving through the state with a 3-day stay at the St. James Hotel in Cimarron, NM. Hopefully you'll take lots of photos.

I lived in Beaverton in '92/'93 and really enjoyed my time there. My wife was doing an internship at OHSU after she graduated from Uni and I was welding on building sites all over the Portland and surrounding areas. I have very good memories of that time and a Christmas spent with friends in Pendleton, OR.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Yes, the PNW has a lot of natural beauty, as do parts of Washington state, and of course Montana, Wyoming etc. I haven't spent much time in New Mexico other than driving through the state with a 3-day stay at the St. James Hotel in Cimarron, NM. Hopefully you'll take lots of photos.

I lived in Beaverton in '92/'93 and really enjoyed my time there. My wife was doing an internship at OHSU after she graduated from Uni and I was welding on building sites all over the Portland and surrounding areas. I have very good memories of that time and a Christmas spent with friends in Pendleton, OR.
We probably saw the end result of some of your welding craftsmanship in Portland :)

It is gorgeous there and the University of Portland is a great fit for Anna and her academic interests but it is a LONG way from Illinois! However I don't mind flying out to see her and it is nice that she found an environment where she is already engaged in academic publishing with several different faculty.

During her senior year of high school, we were headed out on a driving trip to look at several large universities in the southeast but UP was her top choice and just before we drove out of Illinois, she received an email with an acceptance offer and notification that she had been awarded a presidential scholarship to UP. So we turned the campus visit trip into a very nice and relaxing hiking trip to the Smoky Mountains instead.

Of course as a marketing PhD, I had to take Anna to the College of Business building on the UP campus because it is the nicest building on campus :) But I don't think she will starve in the future after completing her education to the doctoral level in applied math.

Rodger

IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I took this photo at the house last year I think. The hummingbirds will be here soon! I love it when they visit. 😊

hummingbird_deck.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
A good reminder that I need to put out the feeder soon as we alternate between snow and warm! That is a beautiful photo!

Rodger