Personal Introduction

Jim-Iowa

Oct 14, 2011
Newton,Iowa
Hi! Jim-Iowa here. I don't own a kubota yet. I do have 8.9 acres in South central Iowa about 30 miles east of Des Moines 3 miles off I80.
Will be looking for a tractor to maintain the acreage and 1/4 mile of private gravel drive. Pllans include planting an orchard, small vineyard and a garden for personal use and eventually market in my retirement.
Budget limitations make a used unit to refurbish is the only way in my case
I'll mostly lurk and gather knowledge but will off suggestions when I think they are useful. I grew up in the landscaping and snow removal business in the late 60's. Using farm and utility tractors from the 50's.
I earn my living a a customer service Rep for a Video and home Entertainment distributor.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Hi Jim-Iowa,

Welcome to the neighborhood. We love our Kubota tractors here. You will be able to gain a ton of knowledge here.

Enjoy your stay ;)

Jim-Iowa

Oct 14, 2011
Newton,Iowa
Thanks for the welcome!! Yes I hope to get a kubota soon too.
I hve managed to maintain my place for the past year using two garden tractors, John Deer 318 & 22 hp Murray. They ar good machines but a little light for all the things IO need to do.
I must admit I have been lurking for a couple months and have already learned a lot.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Welcome iowa-jim

Great place here.

Sounds like you have some work cut out for you. With all that going on you will be quite experienced with the tractor to input here too. :)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hi Jim-Iowa, glad you joined us Kubota people. If you are looking for something used, craigslist for your area is a good place to keep and eye out for something that will fit your needs. In my area, there is a lot of Kubota listed. The other thing you might do, is visit a Kubota dealer that has a lot of models in stock, where you can look at them side by side, and sit on them to compare the different sizes to see what fits you needs. Getting a price on a new one is also helpful, to get an idea of wether a particular used one is a good deal or not. Doing a lot of research before buying will help eliminate getting a tractor that is not the right size for your intended uses. Good Luck and happy tractor hunting.