Pat's Quick Hitch vs LP QH15

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
That's what I figured you meant. Again, pardon my ignorance but I need extra length to connect my top link as you are aware. Are you saying there is a way to just buy the bushing in the link above to add to my existing top link to get the extra length or are you saying buy a cat 2 top link and this bushing and then connect somehow. I've searched for a YouTube video along these lines to "help the helpless" just can't figure out exactly how to do what you are saying with just this bushing. Thanks!!!

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
OK, I used the term sleeve but it is more properly called a bushing. LINK
Thanks, Magicman. So you are pointed out than an option instead of getting a longer Cat 1 toplink, get bushings and a Cat 2, which is already longer? How likely is it a more chunky Cat 2 toplink will be slightly too wide in a B series connection at the tractor?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I actually have 3 top links, all different and between them, something will fit.

Reactions: 1 user

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I got a B2601 last fall and love it and actually have the Lanpride QH15 quick hitch and all of my implements are compatible. Here is the issue and I' wondering if I might be better off with a Pat's Quick hitch. I have a bad back and what I found last fall with the LP QH15 quick hitch it that the frame of the QH15 blocked me for lack of a better description and I had to both bend over and lean forward to hook up implements the pto. Bending and leaning forward HURTS and the frame of the QH15 quick hitch blocks my access to the pto again for lack of a better description. About to start doing a lot of work with the B2601 and while I realize it might take a little longer I was curious if ya'll think a Pat's Quick Hitch might be a better option as it appear it would give me better "unblocked access" to the pto and and even though it might take a little longer be easier for me to hook up implements to the pto. My back was killing me last fall after hooking up the tiller and bush hog to the pto. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little extra time if the Pat's would give me better access to the PTO. Any thoughts?
I haven’t read through all the responses so,,
With my QH it’s really a pain to connect the pto to the tractor. I go ahead attach my pto shaft to the tractor and use a piece of wire to hang it from the QH, then attach it to the implement after the tractor and implement are hooked up. Probably not the safest way but it works for me. I shut down the tractor before I attach to the implement, btw.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Yep, I agree. Had several back surgeries. I do ok unless I have to simultaneously bend over, and lean forward in an awkward position while hold some weight and that exactly the position I have to get in because of the frame on the QH15 to connect anything to the pto. I'm hoping this Pat's will make it easier and I think it will.

Guess I'll just buy the longest Cat 1 top link I can find this week. I appreciate the inexpensive bushing suggestion from but I'm just not understanding what to do with it. I am still CLUELESS how you use this bushing. Are you saying use this bushing somehow (please describe) with my EXISTING top link to make my EXISTING top link longer or are you saying use the bushing somehow with a Cat 2 top link?? I'm sure its simple just not comprehending.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
That's what I figured you meant. Again, pardon my ignorance but I need extra length to connect my top link as you are aware. Are you saying there is a way to just buy the bushing in the link above to add to my existing top link to get the extra length or are you saying buy a cat 2 top link and this bushing and then connect somehow. I've searched for a YouTube video along these lines to "help the helpless" just can't figure out exactly how to do what you are saying with just this bushing. Thanks!!!
If I’m following correctly bushing will do nothing for your cat 1 top link.
The bushing is only needed in order to make the pins fit properly if you buy a longer cat 2 top link. The bushings are a sleeve over your cat 1 pins to make them compatible with the cat2 link. Cat1 and cat2 have different diameter pins. Cat2 being bigger.

A picture would make this easier to explain. If I go by the farm store today I’ll snap a couple pics and post them up.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Couldn't see how a bushing would have anything to do with lenghting the top link which was the question at hand. Maybe we are both wrong.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You could use a cat 2 top link which is longer and then the bushings to adapt it down to the cat 1 pins.

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
I got a B2601 last fall and love it and actually have the Lanpride QH15 quick hitch and all of my implements are compatible. Here is the issue and I' wondering if I might be better off with a Pat's Quick hitch. I have a bad back and what I found last fall with the LP QH15 quick hitch it that the frame of the QH15 blocked me for lack of a better description and I had to both bend over and lean forward to hook up implements the pto. Bending and leaning forward HURTS and the frame of the QH15 quick hitch blocks my access to the pto again for lack of a better description. About to start doing a lot of work with the B2601 and while I realize it might take a little longer I was curious if ya'll think a Pat's Quick Hitch might be a better option as it appear it would give me better "unblocked access" to the pto and and even though it might take a little longer be easier for me to hook up implements to the pto. My back was killing me last fall after hooking up the tiller and bush hog to the pto. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little extra time if the Pat's would give me better access to the PTO. Any thoughts?
Tom, I am taking this back to the beginning because I have a question about your Land Pride Quick Hitch 15. Now, you have got me seriously thinking about a Pat's system instead. But I have not decided.

Everything I have gotten for the rear of my B2601 will work with the QH15. I may get a flail, and if I go with other than WoodMaxx it sounds like Pat's would be better in terms of working with a flail.

Finally to my question: I was looking at my Land Pride 1560 box blade and wondering how the QH15 top hook would work. The box blade has a brace below the top link that looks like it'd hit a hook first, and that'd make the hookup low. Is there a floating link you need to attach to a LP box blade or is there not the conflict I am imagining?

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
The Qh15 should......should (don't take my word as gospel) work with your LP Box Blade even with that brace below the pin but if you have a number of LP implements even if they are all quick hitch compatible you are more than likely still going to have to adjust to top hook location on the QH15 quick hitch to get the lower pins to sit flush if that makes sense. Maybe not but more than likely.

It's ALWAYS SOMETHING. Got the County Line Cat 1 extra long top link from Tractor Supply. Go to put it on the B2601 and it won't fit. Hard to tell in this picts but it is 2/16" wider than the stock top link that comes with the B2601 which fits snug. Goodness gracious now back to stores with a tape measure. If I can't find one that will fit guess I'll have to find a neighbor with a grinder and grind the County Line down to fit!
IMG_20210406_141950999.jpg

Mossy dell

Equipment
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Thanks, Tom. On this thread or another, someone talked about having to grind down a top link this way. Maddening that Kubota designs it so tight and that aftermarket makers do not warn you or adjust for this.

Per this (your!) thread, I asked Heavy Hitch to make/sell a longer top link. They have a nice beefy looking one but it not much longer. This won't help you, now, but I just wanted them to know there's a market they could serve and capture.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
I'll just put the angle grinder on it later this week when I can. Should solve that issue!

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Just a follow up but the Pat's is a resounding success for me and the QH15 will be hitting Craigslist. Access to connect the PTO with the Pat's is sooooooooooo much better. Not having the frame of the QH15 blocking me I could get in a much better position to connect the PTO on my tiller and brush hog without my back killing me afterwards. Had to grind down the County Line XL top link to fit the B2601 but easy to do with an angle grinder. Very pleased with the Pat's!

Reactions: 2 users