parking brake

tonyvkubota

Equipment
2013/B3200HST/L504 loader/60" rotary finish mower/ 60"brush hog
Dec 14, 2013
ny
My new B3200/HST now has 140 hours. If I had a nickle every time I forgot to disengage the parking brake when driving away ( sometimes longer than other times before I realize what I did ) I would have lots of nickles. I am curious what fellow forum readers here think how much I might of wore off my brake pads by doing this. I sure wish they had a bright light on the dash board for when the parking brakes are on . Only idea I can think of for now is I put my work gloves over the accelerator pedal n brake to remind me to take the brake off.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Probably not to much, but I doubt your the first one to ever do this,,coffcoff

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I've done it several times on my L3200 and it ticks me off each time. It is my only pet peeve about this tractor. Why can't Kubota put a $1.50 set of part on it to give me a dash light that my parking brake is on. It's got the parking brake assembly of a lawn tractor!

The tractor has a dozen safety interrupts but not one switch hooked to a dash light to let me know that my parking brake is on. Heck, even the cheapest car on the US market has such a switch and it costs half the price.

I'll put one in myself but I shouldn't have to!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I wired a micro switch, (radio shack) under the floor panel at the brake pedal. When the brake is depressed, the switch comes on and complets a circiut from the fuse panel to a led light on the dash to a ground. If the brake is on and the key is on, the light is on. Just sold the bx so I don't have pictures. BUT, the new bx has one on it from the factory. Somebody must have complained to Kubota...

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I was just about to ask the same question. Just did that to my new B2650 and wondered why the tranny was groaning. I was in medium and it did not stop me from moving. I only have 20 hours on mine. He'll my old Craftsman garden tractor even has a lever that throws you in neutral when you hit the brake.

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
Did the same thing on my b3200 when I first got it. Had actually hogged a little bit while it was on. Have only done it a couple times after that initial time but only for a few feet before realizing. I try to make it a habit of pressing the breaks before moving. Almost as if I were shifting it into gear in a car. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks for sharing. I am assuming that's your channel on YouTube. I love the videos you post. Thanks for taking the time to make those. I am a subscriber.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Yes. That's our channel and we sure appreciate your kind comments on our videos. Thank you for your subscription as well :)