Parking brake mod, stolen idea

Caver50bmg

Dec 13, 2014
Columbia, SC
I saw this mod here and liked it very much, so i stole it from yall! Great mod and cant wait for the paint to dry so i can install it. Heres my version.

Caver50bmg

Dec 13, 2014
Columbia, SC
I welded a piece of pipe to the lever. Then made a delrin bushing for it to keep the rattling. Welded up a ss shackle then welded that to a 1/4" ss rod.

Last edited:

Caver50bmg

Dec 13, 2014
Columbia, SC
Bent the rod 90 degrees and slide some nylon tuning over it. It was tough but it will go. Then made a bracket for the top out of 1x1x1/8". Drilled 5/16" hole for the fastener and 3/8" for the rod.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Can you folk kindly show how this works. Hard to fathom since my parking brake mechanism is missing parts and does not work at all. Mines an L225

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My tractor isn't within reach so I can't shoot any more pics, but look at my second pic. (post #9) Basically there is a toothed bar that pivots on a point near the brake pedal. Push down on the pedal to apply the brakes, and lift the small lever (mine has a round ball on it) to engage the toothed bar onto the pedal, locking it in the down position. Stepping on the pedal again releases the toothed bar. This modification just moves the operation of the small lever up near the dash- easier to operate, see, and mostly, harder to forget to disengage the brake.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
My tractor isn't within reach so I can't shoot any more pics, but look at my second pic. (post #9) Basically there is a toothed bar that pivots on a point near the brake pedal. Push down on the pedal to apply the brakes, and lift the small lever (mine has a round ball on it) to engage the toothed bar onto the pedal, locking it in the down position. Stepping on the pedal again releases the toothed bar. This modification just moves the operation of the small lever up near the dash- easier to operate, see, and mostly, harder to forget to disengage the brake.
Thanx. That was my assumption. I don't have the toothed bar :(

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The L225 doesn't have a parking brake option, that's why you don't have the parts. ;)
I guess you could fab up something if you really wanted it.