and curious why you mention?

sad or happy due to the closing?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
No matter the reason. It's never good when businesses close their doors.

I'm sure there are John Deere owners here as well. Maybe they will send the info through the necessary channels.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Closed indefinitely or closed permanently? And what "necessary channels" are JD owners going to send the info through?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Closed indefinitely or closed permanently? And what "necessary channels" are JD owners going to send the info through?
The image I posted in my OP is all I know. I was told the dealership was vacated.

Kubota has OTT Forum
John Deere has GTT Forum.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
The image I posted in my OP is all I know. I was told the dealership was vacated.

Kubota has OTT Forum
John Deere has GTT Forum.
I actually had some dealings with them - they sent a JD lawnmower part I needed up here when the local JD dealer could not provide it. Always bad to lose a good dealer.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pape' is a huge company and they close dealerships that don't make money.
They still have 18 dealerships open in WA.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Pape' is a huge company and they close dealerships that don't make money.
They still have 18 dealerships open in WA.
Bad management at a location can make one or break it as well.

I quit using one local Deere dealer at work due to service and management issues. I started getting charged for BS.

It was years before I used one of their other locations. The other location came through for me.

Got to talking to the tech while he was performing a service regen on a piece of equipment for me.

Tech told me he had been with the company the longest at the location. Total time though was only 9 months.

Upper management came into that location and fired the service manager and all the techs.

Hired 2 new techs and a new service manager.

Said that there were 15 pieces of equipment torn down in the shop when he started. Parts were everywhere. Nothing was labeled for the equipment it went to.

It was literally like taking 15 puzzle boxes, mixing them all together. And then throwing them all over the building.

They had to start piecing all the equipment back together, while figuring out what was missing and why it was in there to begin with. Company lost a lot of money fixing that equipment, as well as dealing with customers who had been waiting up to two years to get their equipment fixed and back to them.

It took the two techs about a year to get that shop cleared out.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Bad management at a location can make one or break it as well.

I quit using one local Deere dealer at work due to service and management issues. I started getting charged for BS.

It was years before I used one of their other locations. The other location came through for me.

Got to talking to the tech while he was performing a service regen on a piece of equipment for me.

Tech told me he had been with the company the longest at the location. Total time though was only 9 months.

Upper management came into that location and fired the service manager and all the techs.

Hired 2 new techs and a new service manager.

Said that there were 15 pieces of equipment torn down in the shop when he started. Parts were everywhere. Nothing was labeled for the equipment it went to.

It was literally like taking 15 puzzle boxes, mixing them all together. And then throwing them all over the building.

They had to start piecing all the equipment back together, while figuring out what was missing and why it was in there to begin with. Company lost a lot of money fixing that equipment, as well as dealing with customers who had been waiting up to two years to get their equipment fixed and back to them.

It took the two techs about a year to get that shop cleared out.
The Aberdeen shop was a JOKE, and had been for years before Pape took it over.

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Pape' abandoned Bonners Ferry a number of years ago. They do it by not replacing sales staff and then deciding to close because they have no sales. That's why I'm Orange now. Do have a Gator 865R.