Overhaul Kits for Hydraulic Cylinders

PeteinMilton

Equipment
B20TLB
Aug 31, 2015
Milton Ontario
I have a kubota B20 and need to rebuild the dipper stick cylinder on the backhoe, I am wondering if there is a source for aftermarket rebuild kits it the Toronto Ontario Canada area known as the GTA. If it's inappropriate to ask this please delete
I want to try this myself but don't want to blow $100.00+ /kit doing it.
Thanks
Pete

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Pete, If you take it apart, you might be able to match the seals and o rings at your local hydraulic repair shop. I have always ended up buying the kit from Kubota. It isn't hard to do if you have basic skills, tools and a pot of boiling water. just be sure to make sure you orient the seals as original.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Pete, I had to have the same cylinder on me BX22 repaired. I took it to a local hydraulic shop and the guy told me if the ram wasn't bent or scored the repair was $90 u.s. I got lucky and that is all it was.

Rent, I've never done a cylinder before. I'm curious, whats the pot of boiling water for?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
That cylinder is small so the plastic seal inside the cylinder piston is small and hard as crap to get into the hole. If you boil it, it gets pliable and much easier to install. it re-hardens as it cools. Boil several. they go great with dumplings and a nice salad.