Oregon Newbie Saying Hi

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Hi folks. I’ve been lurking for a bit. I enjoy the content here so I thought I formally join so I could participate occasionally.

I didn’t see a specific newbie intro tread, if there is one and I missed it, perhaps a moderator would be so kind as to relocate this post.

I don’t know that bolt ons qualify as customization (since someone else certainly did the fabrication) but I did install a 5Eleven Designz grill guard and tie down points on my L3830 in the last couple of evenings. This is to complement my new grapple and 3rd function kit I installed a couple weekends ago.

Here’s a photos (pre and post 511 grill guard)
1A055A41-55DA-40E0-8091-7B868101B28F.jpeg

CE4CD381-6782-4027-AA43-551371AA6791.jpeg

Thanks for all the knowledgeable and respectful interactions I’ve read on here in the last handful of years as I’ve dropped in to research a little here and there.

Hope to “see” you all around the Orange forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Griz,

Welcome to the forum,

Great looing machine and even a better looking shed for storage - I am jealous of the size of that !;)

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Welcome! All mods are acceptable, but the ones you design/build yourself will garner more brownie points!

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome. It's always good to have "lurkers" join. Nice looking grill guard, and I like the tie down points also.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hi folks. I’ve been lurking for a bit. I enjoy the content here so I thought I formally join so I could participate occasionally.

I didn’t see a specific newbie intro tread, if there is one and I missed it, perhaps a moderator would be so kind as to relocate this post.

I don’t know that bolt ons qualify as customization (since someone else certainly did the fabrication) but I did install a 5Eleven Designz grill guard and tie down points on my L3830 in the last couple of evenings. This is to complement my new grapple and 3rd function kit I installed a couple weekends ago.

Here’s a photos (pre and post 511 grill guard) View attachment 101142
View attachment 101141

Thanks for all the knowledgeable and respectful interactions I’ve read on here in the last handful of years as I’ve dropped in to research a little here and there.

Hope to “see” you all around the Orange forums.
Welcome!
Which grapple did you get?
I'm thinking about a 30x64 shop/shed. What size is yours? And I was thinking about 2 doors on one long side. I notice yours has one on the end. Do you have others, and how has that location worked out?

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Griz,

Welcome to the forum,

Great looing machine and even a better looking shed for storage - I am jealous of the size of that !;)
Thank you. I enjoy both. The shop was here when I bought the place, don’t tell anyone, but as far as of the structures on site I liked it best. We tore the house down and rebuilt another on the same footprint.

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Welcome!
I'm thinking about a 30x64 shop/shed. What size is yours? And I was thinking about 2 doors on one long side. I notice yours has one on the end. Do you have others, and how has that location worked out?
I bought the 66 inch standard grapple manufactured by CID X-tream Attachments. Built in the US on the east coast. A local fellow that sells equipment gets equipment from them by the truck load once a month or so. I appreciate that it has 4 hinge points for the upper lid and that every single pivot point is greasable (including both ends of each hydraulic cylinder) and it uses actual pins rather than bolts at the pivot points. I noted a number of the more well known US manufacturers do not see fit to include all of those aspects (and pretty much none of the offshore manufacturers do). I would have liked a Land Pride SGC 1060 or 1072 grapple but there was no way I was going to pay over $4k. Last I checked in February both were pretty close to $6k! Talk about proud. I think the dealer might have just been very wishful. About $4100 is what I’ve been seeing for a SGC1060. Saw some pretty heavy duty Chinesium auction treasure units for around $2500, but the moving parts weren’t built to last and they were around 900 lbs.

The shop is about the size you’re looking at, 40’x70’ with a 14’x60’ leantoo. Mine has a 10’ ceiling (bottom chord of the truss), if I had built it I’d have gone with at least 12’, probably 14’. It has one door, just the overhead door on one gabble end. Ideally it would have two overhead doors right across from each other on the short dimension. But this site won’t allow that. I would like a man door, but haven’t gotten around to installing one. It is nice to have it large enough to maneuver inside of. A concrete floor is very handy for installing, removing and storing equipment. The FEL is on and off all the time. Without a concrete floor that would be a fight each way every time. I put the brush hog on a couple furniture dollys and I can roll it around to reposition equipment. The FEL stays wherever I remove it at.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I bought the 66 inch standard grapple manufactured by CID X-tream Attachments. Built in the US on the east coast. A local fellow that sells equipment gets equipment from them by the truck load once a month or so. I appreciate that it has 4 hinge points for the upper lid and that every single pivot point is greasable (including both ends of each hydraulic cylinder) and it uses actual pins rather than bolts at the pivot points. I noted a number of the more well known US manufacturers do not see fit to include all of those aspects (and pretty much none of the offshore manufacturers do). I would have liked a Land Pride SGC 1060 or 1072 grapple but there was no way I was going to pay over $4k. Last I checked in February both were pretty close to $6k! Talk about proud. I think the dealer might have just been very wishful. About $4100 is what I’ve been seeing for a SGC1060. Saw some pretty heavy duty Chinesium auction treasure units for around $2500, but the moving parts weren’t built to last and they were around 900 lbs.

The shop is about the size you’re looking at, 40’x70’ with a 14’x60’ leantoo. Mine has a 10’ ceiling (bottom chord of the truss), if I had built it I’d have gone with at least 12’, probably 14’. It has one door, just the overhead door on one gabble end. Ideally it would have two overhead doors right across from each other on the short dimension. But this site won’t allow that. I would like a man door, but haven’t gotten around to installing one. It is nice to have it large enough to maneuver inside of. A concrete floor is very handy for installing, removing and storing equipment. The FEL is on and off all the time. Without a concrete floor that would be a fight each way every time. I put the brush hog on a couple furniture dollys and I can roll it around to reposition equipment. The FEL stays wherever I remove it at.
Welcome aboard!!!! Man I'd love a shop that size. I wish I could back the boat/truck combo in at night and just pull out in the morning.

Although I wish it was longer, I do like having 3 doors though, and they are tall enough for anything I currently have which is nice.

Edit: Oh yea, nice tractor, and that's a sweet looking grill guard too! Also store bought stuff definitely counts as customizing!

Paul

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Welcome!
PoTreeBoy, get it as big as you can. I have never heard any guy say crazy things like, "man I sure wish my pole barn was smaller."

Kind of like this meme....lol

Paul

IMG-20210707-WA0000[1].jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

GrizBota

Equipment
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Welcome aboard!!!! Man I'd love a shop that size. I wish I could back the boat/truck combo in at night and just pull out in the morning.

Although I wish it was longer, I do like having 3 doors though, and they are tall enough for anything I currently have which is nice.

Edit: Oh yea, nice tractor, and that's a sweet looking grill guard too! Also store bought stuff definitely counts as customizing!

Paul
Thanks. As to size, yes at least one size larger than you ever think you’ll need. Wish I’d applied that logic to my tractor a little better.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Welcome to OTT! You grapple looks very capable. Going to dig mine out tomorrow and go rooting.