orange LEMON???

Russ103

Equipment
M8540 4wd 85hp
Apr 27, 2013
Baton Rouge, La.
My M8540 is eight years old and I can't seem to keep it out of the shop. Henderson Implement in Lake Charles, La. changed the clutch pack out and they did such a wonderful job I was bragging on them till a week later I went to hook up the bush hog and the 3 point wouldn't lift up. I'm not sure if the mechanic didn't hook something up or if I have a whole new issue. Anybody have any thoughts while the shop is working on it????

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
What clutch pack are you talking about?

If the 3pt worked before the dealer touched it I would say that repair is on them.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I agree if it worked before it should work now,,, I would call and explain to the stealer all about it! Then go from there if they will not take care of it, a lot of the dealers I think must have taken classes from Harley Davidson on how to treat costumers,, But talk to them first, and be nice until it's time not to be nice;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Did it work when you got the tractor back, or was this the first time using it after replacing the clutch?
Two repairs after 8 years of use, especially if the tractor was worked hard, certainly doesn't qualify it as a lemon. And certainly if it was a dealer error. There isn't a tractor out there that won't break down sooner or later, regardless of the color or money spent on it.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
It was about 8-10 years of use when the 3 ph quit on my old L185. Turned out to be the oil strainer down at the bottom of the transmission house. I'd look for something simple like that or a filter. Dealer should be able to make a good guess about where to start...