Ontario Hydro SCAM

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
So... I got a letter from Director Danny of OH,saying I've been moved to paperless billing !
I did some quik Googgling and ON can make a tidy minimum 7 MILLION dollars PROFIT, free money, EVERY month !!
Nice...for them,bad for us. BTW, ZERO saving of trees.
So , I called the 1-888 number and told them NO paperless, within minutes I got a confirmed email, still going to get bills in the mail.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Careful... I've seen vendors surcharge for continuation of physical billing.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
If the US Postal Service would charge businesses the same rates as us schmucks, (1) they'd be solvent in a year, (2) it'd greatly reduce the pieces of junk mail we get, (3) a lot of trees would not get turned into paper.

Reactions: 3 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Careful... I've seen vendors surcharge for continuation of physical billing.
Yup Entergy is doing that too. They forced us all into digital electric meters. Mine was inaccurate (bill monthly increased by 148.33% over a 3 month average). They denied, said "impossible". So I told them I didn't want this new digital meter. They said cool, we'll put the old one back in and charge you $28/month for someone to come read your meters.

Should be illegal and probably is somewhere buried in the books.

They did the same thing with paperless. Charge you $3/mo for a paper bill that costs $0.60 to mail it to you. Thats just their way of forcing you into this "electronic" billing.

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yup Entergy is doing that too. They forced us all into digital electric meters. Mine was inaccurate (bill monthly increased by 148.33% over a 3 month average). They denied, said "impossible". So I told them I didn't want this new digital meter. They said cool, we'll put the old one back in and charge you $28/month for someone to come read your meters.

Should be illegal and probably is somewhere buried in the books.

They did the same thing with paperless. Charge you $3/mo for a paper bill that costs $0.60 to mail it to you. Thats just their way of forcing you into this "electronic" billing.
Similar here, they put in a "smart meter" and I suddenly got a bill more than $100 bigger than I'd ever had in the 41 years I'd lived here. Couldn't get my old analog meter back but they did replace with a digital one I ended up paying only $3 per month to be read by hand. (This is less than what they originally quoted, not sure why). Eliminates the internet snafus they have with smart meters. Suits me, after she reads meter I can go outside and write down the numbers. Important because I have a bidirectional meter because of solar panels. Have to pay close attention to billing because one part of the company calculates the number of kwh I should be credited with, and the dollar value varies with time of year, and another sends me a bill for the various line charges. The latter group often makes mistakes. I like paper bills for this purpose. Easier than trying to have two windows open on my old computer to compare spreadsheet with bill.