Old Kubota's at Parade

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Went to a tractor parade today in my area. These are mostly all working tractors, not painted restored show queens.

But there was these two old Kubota's there. The gentleman that had the one with the cab and snow blower on it had no idea what year it is, but it only has 800 hours on it. He said that cab enclosure is for a Husqvarna lawn tractor and it fit perfect.

The other one, the B6000 had bar axles and all the serial number plaques and markings were in Japanese.

Pretty nice machines. I need to find an old one to have as a play toy.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Excellent pictures!!!

thank you for sharing

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, I can't wait for the annual show and parade across the Mackinac Bridge on Sept. 7th in St. Ignace, Michigan.

It's cool to hear all those old engines running.

The one where I photographed the Kubota's was on St. Joseph Island in Ontario, Canada.
They do it every Canada day weekend. It's all farm country, so these were mostly all working machines. Everything from old steel wheel tractors, to brand new ones of all sizes. Even young kids on lawn tractors, LOL.
And a lawn tractor with a 350 Chevy in it, LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Yes, I can't wait for the annual show and parade across the Mackinac Bridge on Sept. 7th in St. Ignace, Michigan.

It's cool to hear all those old engines running.
If you are coming to Michigan, you should go to the Buckley Old Engine Show (August 16-19). There are a lot of old tractors driving around, but I like the old steam engines so that is what I take pictures of. It`s a great show. Here are a few pictures I took.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Those are fabulous pictures Conropl!!!! Awesome tractors and scenery, and the photography is second to none!

Where is that show in Michigan? I hadn't heard of that one.

I know this is a Kubota forum, but if I were going to buy an old play tractor just to use in parades and ride around the yard (no work), what would everyone suggest as a good choice?
Something reliable that still has good parts availability. Massey, JD, Ford or IH?

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Thanks guys.
That tractor show is in Buckley, Michigan. It is 15 minutes south of Traverse City. I think it is the biggest show in Michigan and draws a lot from outside of the state.

They have a lot of gas and diesel tractors lined up. They have parades, threshing, plowing, a flea market and a whole lot more. I go every year, but couldn't last year because of work... bummer.

As far as old small tractors to have for the fun of it, the ones that seem to be most prevelint are John Deere and Farmall. But they do have a lot of variety of others as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Itbmine, If you are looking for an old classic I’d look for a 9N, 2N or 8N Ford. They are plentyful, as are the parts for them. I had a 9N I used for years on my 5 acres and it did me well. Just sold it last year after I upgraded to the Kubota. Tractor supply still carries parts for them.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Those are fabulous pictures Conropl!!!! Awesome tractors and scenery, and the photography is second to none!

Where is that show in Michigan? I hadn't heard of that one.u

I know this is a Kubota forum, but if I were going to buy an old play tractor just to use in parades and ride around the yard (no work), what would everyone suggest as a good choice?
Something reliable that still has good parts availability. Massey, JD, Ford or IH?
I'd get a Farmall H because I learned to drive on one. It's still in service I like the exhaust note from John Deere 2 cylinder tractors though. If a smaller tractor is more appealing for putting around the yard and storage Farmall As Bs and cubs and 140s fit the bill along with Allis Bs and Cs. A ford N series or early Massey would be cool too

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks to both of you for the info. I'd like to see that show if my work permits too.

I have a soft spot for Massey's as I grew up by a dealership when I was a kid, but I sure like the looks of the Ford's.