"Old fashioned" FEL forks...

Burgie

Equipment
Kubota B2601HST w/ FEL, 50" reverse tiller & 54" box scraper
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Greetings OTT members,

I recently took delivery of my Kubota B2620 w/ FEL, loaded tires, 50" RTR1250 tiller, 54" scraper box and weight box. My tractor does NOT have a SSQA setup and the front bucket is connected to the main boom and curl hydraulic cylinders with traditional pins.

I want to get a set of forks for it and all I can seem to find is the quick disconnect style. Years ago Dad's Ford 4500 has a set of forks in which we had to remove the bucket and then align and pin the forks on. It was a fairly easy process and that is the kind of forks I am looking to buy for my B2620.

Problem is...I can't seem to find any company that makes them? maybe I am not looking hard enough of searching using the right keywords? But do these style pallet forks even exist anymore or am I destined to fabricate a set specific to my needs?

Mind you, I am not totally opposed to converting to a SSQA setup but am thinking even to fabricate a set would be a hell of a lot cheaper that a conversion...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Burgie

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Greetings OTT members,....

I want to get a set of forks for it and all I can seem to find is the quick disconnect style. Years ago Dad's Ford 4500 has a set of forks in which we had to remove the bucket and then align and pin the forks on. It was a fairly easy process and that is the kind of forks I am looking to buy for my B2620.

Problem is...I can't seem to find any company that makes them? maybe I am not looking hard enough of searching using the right keywords? But do these style pallet forks even exist anymore or am I destined to fabricate a set specific to my needs?

Mind you, I am not totally opposed to converting to a SSQA setup but am thinking even to fabricate a set would be a hell of a lot cheaper that a conversion...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Burgie
No need to remove the bucket is an option too. Bolt on Forks..... bucket forks, clamp on forks etc.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21936&highlight=Bucket+Forks

Granted though replacing bucket with forks would give forks more capacity........ then again increase ease to over do things. Kubotas are light (in weight) tractors from what I've read; which is fine for many things..... but require more counterbalance weights on opposite end of work being done.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My advice, bite the bullet and convert to SSQA as it opens a whole lot of possibilities and ease. ;)

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
X2 on Wolfman's point.

I have a thread going with some measurements you can take on your B2620. I highly suspect the L2230A SSQA adapter will fit on your B2620 and get you into the world of SSQA. Those go for around $500 shipped from Kubota.

Titan sells a set of nicely made (in China) forks for $469 SHIPPED.

I've bought two sets for a friend and I of both the L2230A and Titan forks and we couldn't be happier with our purchases.