OK kids I need

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Somebody that really knows whats going on. I ordered wheel spacers a while back, and I called,, seems they lost the order,, not happy but shyt happens, and I was told it would be a couple months. OK so I go to a steeler and asked, nope the guy says you cant put spacers on a "B" I was like HUH???? All kinds of bad things happen, dogs cats sleeping together the sun is going to come up in the west and set in the east ,, well you get the idea,, So I just walked out of the store
SOOOOO guys before I reorder or go slap some sense into the guy I talked to at that dealer. I need to know about the spacers. I know there are some dealers in here and super mech's and I place this question to them. A B2601, R4's, and MMM,, can I use spacers, and if so how wide spacer can I use?
Anybody got a solid answer ?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Don’t have any experience with your tractor, but this is from the Kubota build site.

47F0DAA7-5A49-4C60-8526-29B0BDC9BD24.png

If you choose the Kubota wheel spacers and try to add MMM to the build you get that message.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Somebody that really knows whats going on. I ordered wheel spacers a while back, and I called,, seems they lost the order,, not happy but shyt happens, and I was told it would be a couple months. OK so I go to a steeler and asked, nope the guy says you cant put spacers on a "B" I was like HUH???? All kinds of bad things happen, dogs cats sleeping together the sun is going to come up in the west and set in the east ,, well you get the idea,, So I just walked out of the store
SOOOOO guys before I reorder or go slap some sense into the guy I talked to at that dealer. I need to know about the spacers. I know there are some dealers in here and super mech's and I place this question to them. A B2601, R4's, and MMM,, can I use spacers, and if so how wide spacer can I use?
Anybody got a solid answer ?
I have wheel spacers on my B2650, mainly so it would be more stable for snow blowing. BUT then I got a MMM from eipo who had spacers on his B2650. The tech who installed it had a terrible time and it is usable but it hangs up on the wheel, turf tires, if you lift the deck up too high. Can’t be locked in the up position. Eipo was able to use his but he had different rims. Bottom line it might be possible, but will require a lot of screwing around if you mow with it. If you can mow with the BX and chains are not needed should be possible. I think eipo even got chains on his.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I did have chains, and the reason I was able to add spacers and still use the MMM was because I had R4 rims. That wasn't intentional, I simply opted to swap the R4 tires with turfs.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
No mmm and I have 3” spacers on my B3200. No issues with R4 tires

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't have a B, but Neil Messick's was talking about spacers one day and said that they don't see issues with spacers ... not that it can't happen, but it's just not something they see.

I have the factory spacers on my L. They are only an inch.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
No experience with spacers on mine, pictures wise it looks like spacers would be close to hitting deck rear wheels. GP outdoors put spacers on his B2601 when he had it.. but he didn't have mmm deck.

edit added GP link

Attachments

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Sounds like the answer is no spacers if you have a MMM. So which do you want more ;)

Bro-Tek has all sizes in stock.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If you have the MMM mounted and the tires mounted, you should be able to look at things and measure how much the tires could shift outward and not contact anything on the mower...

That is what I would do...fortunately i do not have a MMM on my B, so it is not a concern. I can buy whatever suits me...

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Here you go :) I noticed 2" Bora spacers being used with R4 tires and 60" mmm , being used at the North Pole :)

2nd video @ 7:30 looks like lots of clearance rear scalp wheels.

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
I have wheel spacers on my B2650, mainly so it would be more stable for snow blowing. BUT then I got a MMM from eipo who had spacers on his B2650. The tech who installed it had a terrible time and it is usable but it hangs up on the wheel, turf tires, if you lift the deck up too high. Can’t be locked in the up position. Eipo was able to use his but he had different rims. Bottom line it might be possible, but will require a lot of screwing around if you mow with it. If you can mow with the BX and chains are not needed should be possible. I think eipo even got chains on his.
I'm curious - if you can help! I have a 2650, a 60" mid deck and looking at the FACTORY spacers (1.5"). Do you know if they impact the mower and it's ability to travel up / down?!? TIA!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'm curious - if you can help! I have a 2650, a 60" mid deck and looking at the FACTORY spacers (1.5"). Do you know if they impact the mower and it's ability to travel up / down?!? TIA!
I have factory spacers and turf tires and have been happily mowing with that deck for some time, but I don't have to lock it in the up position. It will hit the tires. Yours may or may not hit depending on your tires.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'm running R4's... might you know?
I don't know. There was thread a long time ago that had more people chiming in that said they had tried different combinations. Kubota recommends against buying certain combinations, so you might look it up that way, or ask a dealer to check.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Somebody that really knows whats going on.
I Can't claim I know "whats going on" .......

But I'll say this.... Bro-tek and Bora prices are just stupid.

I've been running these Jeep spacers since July 19, 2019 with no issues.
fit perfect. Of course back in 2019 they were $33.00

Now they are $60.00 but still substantially cheaper in price than the others.

If you put dual turbos on your engine and are going to the tractor pulls, WELL, maybe you NEED the high dollar spacers.... but for the average joe farting around in the yard or farm, It's a waste of money.

Thats my $0.02

(BX23S with 60" MMM)

r.jpg
r.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
PS:
The spacers I have ARE BILLET ALUMINUM.
(just like the $$$ spacers)

If there was any question........

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
I don't know. There was thread a long time ago that had more people chiming in that said they had tried different combinations. Kubota recommends against buying certain combinations, so you might look it up that way, or ask a dealer to check.
Thanks, I've been looking through the threads and found your post... I'll keep digging... as for dealers... I love Messick's... that said they generically that spacers don't work with mid-mount mowers..... Seems like a huge design flaw on a modern age of engineering.... :(

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks, I've been looking through the threads and found your post... I'll keep digging... as for dealers... I love Messick's... that said they generically that spacers don't work with mid-mount mowers..... Seems like a huge design flaw on a modern age of engineering.... :(
"as for dealers...I love Messick's"
DITTO !!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have 2inch on mine no issues with the deck or taking it off or on

• Love
Reactions: 1 user