Oil not dirty

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I see what you posted Paul… but when I checked for the previous post …I was pretty sure a Sale on oil offered a full syn for the same price… Hmmnn … maybe I just messed up on that one. Thx.

Meanwhile… checking on oil today I came across THIS interesting TidBit: Advance Auto has a Warranty/Guarantee on their oil-slales: LOL (if it’s defective they’ll REPLACE IT) LOL don’t know what that’ll do for your engine. :unsure:

86630311-84AF-4CB2-9C65-6D45505AF198.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Supertech full synthetic is only $24…. for TWO gallons. And it’s every bit as good as most others.
Now you tell me! 🤬
Bought 3 gallons of the STP. Still a lot less than the name brands. Will need to check out Supertech next time I venture into Wally World, which is usually only for oil.

Reactions: 1 user

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Supertech full synthetic is only $24…. for TWO gallons. And it’s every bit as good as most others.
Just to add, Warren oil makes and packages Super Tech, Amazon Brand, Kirkland brands, Oils found at Tractor Supply and many other private label brands. Good oil and it is affordable.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Yep it is a good product. But, so are many others. And yeah WAY overpriced. But that's partly due to the MLM way it's sold. It's like the Amway of lubricants. :D Though oddly enough I am now seeing it in places like Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet and so on. But, sorry this kid ain't buyin it at $12+ a qt

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Obviously you've never used it or you would know the difference.
I've never seen you push Amsoil on this forum. However, there is something that I have learned the hard way. A person can be the fan of any brand EXCEPT Amsoil. The mere mention of the word seems to send some people into a fury. I have even been asked not to mention the "A" word on another non tractor forum because it upsets people. I've used Amsoil for over 35 year with no regrets.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I've never seen you push Amsoil on this forum. However, there is something that I have learned the hard way. A person can be the fan of any brand EXCEPT Amsoil. The mere mention of the word seems to send some people into a fury. I have even been asked not to mention the "A" word on another non tractor forum because it upsets people. I've used Amsoil for over 35 year with no regrets.

That's probably because too many Amsoil fans take "fan" all the way to "fanatic", and just can't shut up about it, can't stop putting down anyone who is not also a fanatic, and generally make everyone around them miserable.

Not all of them act that way, of course, and I haven't really seen it here, but I have seen plenty that do on many other forums. The reputation is well earned.

Now, that said, can I talk to you about Amway?

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
That's probably because too many Amsoil fans take "fan" all the way to "fanatic", and just can't shut up about it, can't stop putting down anyone who is not also a fanatic, and generally make everyone around them miserable.

Not all of them act that way, of course, and I haven't really seen it here, but I have seen plenty that do on many other forums. The reputation is well earned.

So a member is persecuted for something that others have done somewhere else? As I said, I've used Amsoil for over 35 years and concerning their products, have never tried to push my beliefs on anyone else. Actually, I don't care if anyone has ever heard of Amsoil. I am not an Amsoil "fan", I am a user of their product and purchase said products strictly for myself with money that I earned. I don't criticize your choice of lubricants, fuels or whatever. and to the best of my knowledge, neither has Bulldog. If you look at what you wrote, aren't you doing the exact same thing that you accuse Amsoil "fans" of doing?

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
So a member is persecuted for something that others have done somewhere else?

Yep. I'm not advocating it, or defending it, just answering your question. You wanted to know why "the mere mention of the word seems to send some people into a fury."

It's not complicated or mysterious. I have seen a few somewhat pushy Rotella fans now and then, but I have never seen the completely obnoxious, over-the-top fanaticism that many Amsoil dealers have exhibited on many forums. Like it or not, fair or not, that's the reality, and there are plenty of people on plenty of automotive type forums who will agree.

I have no beef with Amsoil other than not thinking highly of the cost/benefit ratio. Don't care if anybody uses it or not, don't care if anybody recommends it or not.

But like it or not, there are jerks out there who have given it a bad name. That's how that works.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Meanwhile… checking on oil today I came across THIS interesting TidBit: Advance Auto has a Warranty/Guarantee on their oil-slales: LOL (if it’s defective they’ll REPLACE IT) LOL don’t know what that’ll do for your engine. :unsure:

And just how does a person know that his oil is "defective", anyway? :D

Ah, I love meaningless guarantees! (y)

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Yep. I'm not advocating it, or defending it, just answering your question. You wanted to know why "the mere mention of the word seems to send some people into a fury."

It's not complicated or mysterious. I have seen a few somewhat pushy Rotella fans now and then, but I have never seen the completely obnoxious, over-the-top fanaticism that many Amsoil dealers have exhibited on many forums. Like it or not, fair or not, that's the reality, and there are plenty of people on plenty of automotive type forums who will agree.

I have no beef with Amsoil other than not thinking highly of the cost/benefit ratio. Don't care if anybody uses it or not, don't care if anybody recommends it or not.

But like it or not, there are jerks out there who have given it a bad name. That's how that works.

I totally agree with you about having an opinion jammed down my throat an endless amount of times. We part ways a bit in not giving a person a chance before you paint them with the same brush as you do others.

I rode a Harley since I was 17. Stopped when my back when South when I was 62. I rode 12 months per year, averaging 12K per year. On two bikes I rode over 400K miles total. The only time I didn't ride was in icy conditions or packed snow on the ground. Guys I worked with were always "Harley this" or Harley that" and rode perhaps 600 miles per year, only with the sun out, only where they could be seen. They wore the Harley shirts, the Harley jackets and jewelry, you know, the whole Mr. T starter kit. I couldn't stand to be around them because they were all show and mostly full of hot air and BS.

I have enjoyed talking to you. I wish you and yours a happy, healthy year. Take care.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I have no idea why the post repeats itself.
Wonkiness with the QUOTE function, I'd guess.

It works like this: anything between [ QUOTE ] and [ / QUOTE ] shows up as quoted text. Note the forward slash in the second quote! That's the "close quote" tag. (Also, I added spaces there so they wouldn't mess up my post by working as designed!)

You can manually copy and paste those tags to quote someone's reply, and then insert your own comments. When you are editing it, it will look like this:

QUOTE function.jpg

Notice I put my added [ quote ] functions in RED to make it easier to see my edits.

But your post will look like this:

This text this is AFTER a [/QUOTE] so it isn't quoted. Note the forward slash! Now I have to copy and paste the opening QUOTE, like this:

And then I stick another [/QUOTE] in there and it drops me out of the QUOTE mode, so I can speak my mind (such as it is).

And then I need that original QUOTE again, OR I can just manually type it like this:

Last edited:

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
I guess people get their undies in a twist with many MLM products. Try mentioning Amway or Shaklee products. Sadly both companies sell good stuff, but their brainwashing causes friends and families to break up. Wife somehow many years ago got involved with a Shaklee deal back when she was at home with our then little girls. Thankfully she saw through all the pushing and backed out of it. But the constant pestering from the "rep" was ridiculous.
Thing is they had good (even great) stuff. But that MLM push oh boy

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don’t really push it, just throw it out every once in a while. It’s mostly a waste of time because most people are too narrow minded to accept or try something different. It cost to much or they can’t buy it at Walmart so i must be a scam. Fuel savings alone more than pay for the oil for me. The added protection is just a bonus. I know it works and that’s all that matters to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
I don’t really push it, just throw it out every once in a while. It’s mostly a waste of time because most people are too narrow minded to accept or try something different. It cost to much or they can’t buy it at Walmart so i must be a scam. Fuel savings alone more than pay for the oil for me. The added protection is just a bonus. I know it works and that’s all that matters to me.
Agreed. I feel everyone has the right to an opinion. I will say that I've never bought the 25K change interval. I change oil and filter at 6K, and always have. Costs me no more than having someone else change my oil. If you read my post about my Case backhoe losing oil pressure, you'll know what sold me on Amsoil. Nice talking to you. Have a good day.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

You are SO right about this!
I strongly suspect that die hard Amsoil "fanatics", may actually use Amsoil as a topping on their strawberry shortcake. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
It cost to much or they can’t buy it at Walmart so i must be a scam.

For some people (and the number is increasing!), anything they don't happen to like is a "scam".

And of course, if they don't bother to understand it, well, it's a scam.