Not your standard "B2650/spacers/MMM" topic...

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Re: Not your standard "B2650/spacers/MMM" topic...

Exact same tire by description, but mine were installed by me after I purchased the tractor with r4 tires. I bought them off Ebay.

I have bora spacers. 1 5/8"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI

Just measured and they are actually 1.5 inches. I don't think the 1/8" is the hiccup though.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Not your standard "B2650/spacers/MMM" topic...

Exact same tire by description, but mine were installed by me after I purchased the tractor with r4 tires. I bought them off Ebay.

I have bora spacers. 1 5/8"

Until you measure the actual roll out of the tires, your just chasing ideas. Tire sizes mean jack crap. The “same” size tires, from different manufacturers can be off more then youd think.

Last edited:

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
The cab version is over 500 pounds heavier, and I would think most of that weight is applied over the rear tires. Could that be squatting the tires out that much more? Seems doubtful, but it is one more difference. If you could get the rear end raised it could easily be proven. That and differences in tire construction may explain it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI

Until you measure the actual roll out of the tires, your just chasing ideas. Tire sizes mean jack crap. The “same” size tires, from different manufacturers can be off more then youd think.
Granted. But until we can verify that all other aspects are similar, volume of fluid and air, a rollout will tell us what we already know. We already know her tires sit taller than mine. What we need to determine is why.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I went out to the barn and measured the dimension of my spacer, and it too is 1.5 inches, or at least the visible part.

Eipo, my rims do not have "Titan" stencilled on them. The rim diameter is 17 5/8 ". The depth of center part, a rough measurement of width, is 9". Are they different from yours?

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
I went out to the barn and measured the dimension of my spacer, and it too is 1.5 inches, or at least the visible part.

Eipo, my rims do not have "Titan" stencilled on them. The rim diameter is 17 5/8 ". The depth of center part, a rough measurement of width, is 9". Are they different from yours?
I think you are on to the answer. I think your track width is different. Eipo had R4 tires. I assume that he had different rims, which could have a different backspace, unless he changed rims as well.

Measure total track width. Get a friend and a couple of 2x4s. Lay them across both tires and measure the actual outside to outside width.

The different brand tires also matter, but I think its track width.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think you are on to the answer. I think your track width is different. Eipo had R4 tires. I assume that he had different rims, which could have a different backspace, unless he changed rims as well.

Measure total track width. Get a friend and a couple of 2x4s. Lay them across both tires and measure the actual outside to outside width.

The different brand tires also matter, but I think its track width.

both have R3's.....turf tires, however, different brands and perhaps different RC's and aspect ratios(width)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
both have R3's.....turf tires, however, different brands and perhaps different RC's and aspect ratios(width)
No the tires are the same brand, Titan, 13.6-16, but if there are other subtle differences that would be revealed by those numbers on the sides, I'd like to know about that. The rims on the other hand, are labeled differently and seem to interface with the tire differently.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
No the tires are the same brand, Titan, 13.6-16, but if there are other subtle differences that would be revealed by those numbers on the sides, I'd like to know about that. See specs above. The rims on the other hand, are labeled differently and seem to interface with the tire differently.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI

I will check tomorrow.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
No the tires are the same brand, Titan, 13.6-16, but if there are other subtle differences that would be revealed by those numbers on the sides, I'd like to know about that. See specs above. The rims on the other hand, are labeled differently and seem to interface with the tire differently.
All my numbers are the same except for the last 3 of the group that makes up whats in the barcode. Ill get those tomorrow as well. I believe its just a date stamp, though.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No the tires are the same brand, Titan, 13.6-16, but if there are other subtle differences that would be revealed by those numbers on the sides, I'd like to know about that. The rims on the other hand, are labeled differently and seem to interface with the tire differently.
Sounds like you've found the difference.

SDT

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Messicks does show 3 different rear wheel options.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Diameter is the same. Offset is closer to 8"

I also noticed this...

Looks like the wheels are different.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Sticker next to the valve stem

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Sticker next to the valve stem
Now you both need to measure the actual total width outside to outside as I previously suggested.

Also, would Sheepfarmer consider removing the spacers? I have spacers on my MX, but that is because of real steep hills. Do the spacers have much merit on Sheepfarmer's property?

precisionbike

Jun 1, 2016
Erie, PA
After reading through the thread I thought: Is it possible that the driveshaft is binding When lifting the MMM up? Is the PTO shaft locked in place? Is there free play in the shaft went all the way up?
If either of these conditions exist I believe it could force the deck backwards when raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk