not enough hp on my m135x

chrismx135

Aug 25, 2012
kelvington,sask canada
i have a 2011 m135x and it has enough power on flat ground with the baler. but as soon as there is a bit of a hill its gutless i have contacted the dealer a few times and there is nothing they can do. is anybody else having this trouble? i hear there is a chip available for it has anyone tested one out yet? i am pulling a case rb564 baler. i run this beside my dad who has a jd with the same hp and he has a jd baler we make the same size of bales they are large but not extreme 1800 lbs. when there is a hill he can gear up if he wants and i have to go from h4 to h1 and even then its powering down to 1500 rpm. i try to keep it about 1000 pto rpm i have tried using the engine cruise and it doesnt help..... i have taken off the loader, changed air filters and fuel filters.like the tractor but cant have a tractor with no hp need some info on these chips or maybe i got a tractor that has no power. also my loader drops with tractor off and even with tractor running i notice my 3 point will drop down a few inches sometimes for no reason when i am outside working on something???? anybody got any experiences like this?????

chrismx135

Aug 25, 2012
kelvington,sask canada
what i meant was that he has enough power that he can go to a bigger gear and go faster up the hill and not even know that the hill is there where my tractor i have even tried it in low and and still keep loosing power and ground speed we normally bale between 7-10mph on the flat and around 5-7 in the hills where i cant come close to that..

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You said it has no power while you are baling. How does it run doing other work?

A guy not far from me had trouble with his 125hp JD loosing power pulling his baler. Turned out a roller had locked up in the baler and that was causing all his trouble.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
i have a 2011 m135x and it has enough power on flat ground with the baler. but as soon as there is a bit of a hill its gutless i have contacted the dealer a few times and there is nothing they can do. is anybody else having this trouble? i hear there is a chip available for it has anyone tested one out yet? i am pulling a case rb564 baler. i run this beside my dad who has a jd with the same hp and he has a jd baler we make the same size of bales they are large but not extreme 1800 lbs. when there is a hill he can gear up if he wants and i have to go from h4 to h1 and even then its powering down to 1500 rpm. i try to keep it about 1000 pto rpm i have tried using the engine cruise and it doesnt help..... i have taken off the loader, changed air filters and fuel filters.like the tractor but cant have a tractor with no hp need some info on these chips or maybe i got a tractor that has no power. also my loader drops with tractor off and even with tractor running i notice my 3 point will drop down a few inches sometimes for no reason when i am outside working on something???? anybody got any experiences like this?????

Simple solution, have it dyno tested to see if it has at least 118hp on the pto ( those I've tested seem to be closer to 130 hp) If it is low squeal to kubota until they come up with a cure then tell us what it is!! I have never heard any of our customers complain about the 135's hp, a few complaints that the tractor is too light though.
Ed

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
what i meant was that he has enough power that he can go to a bigger gear and go faster up the hill and not even know that the hill is there where my tractor i have even tried it in low and and still keep loosing power and ground speed we normally bale between 7-10mph on the flat and around 5-7 in the hills where i cant come close to that..
going up to 10mph.i would try slowing down to a normal speed.1800lbs thats a pretty good size bale,must have your pressure way high on your baler(belts).we have a 468 jd and 605 m vermeere,we pull with a 9000 kubota and 9540.about 5.6 mph on the 9540 is perfect at 2295(540)5th gear(H1)468JDnot near as heavy as vermeere we can pull it at 8mph on smooth ground leaves nearly as much hay on the ground as it picks up.by the way could you post a video of you going 10mph with that cnh baler would love to see it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
By no means am I a farmer or knowledgeable about bailing but being a tractor owner I'm curious to know if your rear tires are filled for weight? Maybe the tractor isn't putting the power to the ground like its supposed to if the tires are not ballasted.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Talked to a farmer down the road, he says it is the new pollution control "smoke chip." Before, when you met a load the tractor throttled up a to keep rpms at the set point, the power would roll on and this would keep you moving but it makes a little more smoke ie-pollution. New engines when they meet the same situation throttle back so they don't create smoke; you gear down to keep the revs up so the engine doesn't get smoky but you keep moving, although a bit slower. He says all new tractors will do that and new tractor trailers drivers are going nuts; grinding up Grapevine Hill at 6mph.

chrismx135

Aug 25, 2012
kelvington,sask canada
hay guys thanks for the replys yes the rear tires are 520 metrics with 2 sets of wheel weights and fluid in the tires. i am going to work on them to get it dynoed as i just feel there that it is very weak in power..if it is what it is than i guess i going to have to try that chip. they said they will still warranty it but i have to remove it before i bring it in for anything. and yeah my baler i am making a 68" hard core with my pressure i beleive about 1500 psi maybe a bit more it is basically straight up and down on the gauge. i got one weighted the other day and it was 1885 lbs. i am done my haying for the year but i will try and take a video with my phone when i bailing straw but yeah i have no problem picking every blade of hay unless its crazy rough then i slow down but the average is h4 1000 pto rpm with is about 8.7 mph if i remember right

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
This is why Case IH has opted to go the DEF route for emmissions control. Still, they link the fly by wire engine management system with their new CVT transmission to maintain peak fuel economy and power under load. We have the good folks at EPA to thank for all of this. BTW, That new CVT transmission is so insanely simple it is a thing of beauty, wish I'd thought of that!.