Not above it all!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Lately there has been a rash of posters that feel that I'm above it all and that I'm just trying to spend their money and a host of other comments!

This is my response!

My high tech shop with paper on the wall.

At least I get fresh air and a heck of a view while working!

Ok, so It's not paper

Family photo

Attachments

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have wanted to comment on this topic. There are a number of members of this forum with a lot of tractor operating and repair experience. I am not one of them.:( When one of us with lesser experience makes a statement in error, suggests an unsafe procedure, or incorrect method.:eek: I expect to be corrected. Its not just for the benefit of the poster, but for the benefit of all the readers members or not. To let something wrong stand, without discussion would imply agreement. You can agree or disagree, but we need to value and learn from the experience and knowledge of others:).

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Wolfman, I would like to thank you for all your help, even though I haven't asked a question yet. In the past 13 months i have learned a lot from you and this forum. I am glad you are here and when I ask a question I would appreciate your advice, regardless of any paper, or lack of. Tim

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
What Tim said.

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Wolfe, your knowledge to this forum is invaluable and everyone here is very grateful for that, including myself. The view you have while working is impeccable.

Not sure the family photo works. I don't think they own a tractor, let alone know how to use one.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
"Lately there has been a rash of posters that feel that I'm above it all and that I'm just trying to spend their money and a host of other comments!"

I'm not on here all that much, but I've never gotten that impression from any of your posts.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Dittos.

Not only does Sean give of his considerable tractor experience, he goes another huge double-duty step to moderate this forum. As a former moderator myself, I know the pay sucks and the hours are considerable.

The online world is a reflection of the people who reside on the different forums. This one has such a great reputation because of those people here who contribute positive energy in an effort to help others. If you haven't spent much time on other forums, what we have here is rare. Most forums are all questions and no answers, or at least informed and intelligent answers.

Thanks to all here who contribute in a positive manner.

Ray

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
After rereading many posts on this forum I am still confused. The only thing I will say for sure is it will take a lot more to convince me that brush caused a drain plug to loosen and fall out. Iffen someone asks me for help then does not like my answers I would like to know why you are wasting my time?

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
After rereading many posts on this forum I am still confused. The only thing I will say for sure is it will take a lot more to convince me that brush caused a drain plug to loosen and fall out. Iffen someone asks me for help then does not like my answers I would like to know why you are wasting my time?

Even Wolfe said he could see where it was possible for an oil plug to get knocked loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I like spending other people's money :eek::p:p:D Wolfman, you do a great job, and the advice and point of view are very much appreciated ;):D

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Wolfman, I'm in your corner. Those other guys, don't mind them. They just found out that their "Tonka" toys doesn't measure up to anything.

One day, I gotta come visit you, and give you that cylinder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wolfman, I'm in your corner. Those other guys, don't mind them.
Me too, I truly appreciate & benefit from your expertise, experience & logic.

But I still think that in an alternate reality, you are a Supreme Master Kubota tech, and we're getting the benefit of some bleed through to this reality.:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Where I come from, if you ask for advice, and get that advice, you just say "Thank you."

Whether you like the advice or not is your own opinion, and you keep that to yourself.

If you don't want advice, you don't ask for it.

Just MHO, and probably some genetics.............

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
One can do it right, and know its going to work,,, or jury rig it and hope it makes it out of the garage,, Doin things right aint always cheap

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have admired and greatly appreciated your vast knowledge from day 1,
that has not changed "one I owe ya" and thank you for sharing!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
NIW
o ya forgot...if you ever need a hand hefting, or holding I am just a bump or two away. Maybe 30 miles. Thanks again for all your input.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Wolfman, your shop looks a lot like mine. I certainly appreciate all the knowledge and help you provide people on this great forum. I have a lot of experience fixing equipment having farmed for 30+ years working on many brands, but until 3 years ago when I bought my B2920, I had zero experience with Kubota. I have learned a lot from the many people like you on this forum, and I try to provide advice to others based on my experience. How ever, like the old saying, "YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK", some people are unwilling to listen to advice or already know what they want to hear, even if it isn't right and expect you to give them the answer they want. I am on several forum's for several different types of topics, and at times I get discouraged from posting because somebody wants to blame you for their problems when all you do is to try and help them. Don't let these people get you down because there is so many people that value your advice.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Imagine wolfman's shop, except minus 30 and car needs a block heater installed where it sits dead stone cold. Ya, that sucked.
Starters in the rain. Yup done that too.

No doubt NIW knows his stuff, and i dont think he could ever be repaid for his contributions here. We should all be grateful. And thankful.

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Wolfman, I will add my 2 cents.... I like reading when you throw in your buffalo nickel. Your knowledge and experience outweighs most of us combined.