Non stick coating for mower deck

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I have heard this works.

I painted my mower deck last fall. I have not mowed since.

https://www.vansicklepaint.com/products/ez-slide-graphite-based-coating-oil
Uh...nope. I’d stick with veggy oil spray like PAM.

Read the MSDS sheets for your suggestion

Danger
Hazard statements
Causes serious eye irritation
May cause an allergic skin reaction
May cause genetic defects
May cause cancer
Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways Highly flammable liquid and vapor

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I used fluid film on the belly of my jeep before winter. Had a partial can left over and just recently used it on my mower deck. We'll see how it well works this season.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I haven't had much luck with Fluid Film on my deck--as a prior poster mentioned, I think the sand blasting effect removes all the coatings I've tried after just a couple hours of mowing. Hastened, no doubt by the ant and mole hills, not to mention sticks and gravel, that I sometimes hit.

I saw in my most recent Gempler's catalog that they're selling a house-branded product called Grass Shield. Appears to be silicone based. I haven't seen any substantive reviews. Since my clippings go into my vegetable garden compost, I'm also concerned about any health hazards. And I don't see any reason this couldn't should last longer than others I've tried. But if someone ever gives it a try, please report back!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. Sprays on liquid and turns to a wax like film. Last pretty good and doesn't attract dust.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I haven't had much luck with Fluid Film on my deck--as a prior poster mentioned, I think the sand blasting effect removes all the coatings I've tried after just a couple hours of mowing. Hastened, no doubt by the ant and mole hills, not to mention sticks and gravel, that I sometimes hit.

I saw in my most recent Gempler's catalog that they're selling a house-branded product called Grass Shield. Appears to be silicone based. I haven't seen any substantive reviews. Since my clippings go into my vegetable garden compost, I'm also concerned about any health hazards. And I don't see any reason this couldn't should last longer than others I've tried. But if someone ever gives it a try, please report back!
I wouldn't use it, the safety data sheet makes it sound rather unhealthy. View attachment sds.PDF

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

andmel

Equipment
L2850 / L3901 LB / G1800
Dec 17, 2014
concord, VA, USA
I'll second that motion. I thoroughly sanded and cleaned the underside of my mower deck and applied a paint-on bedliner I bought from Northern Tool thinking it to be a preventative measure against rust. It was sandblasted off in three mowings! If your grass is lush and thick (mine isn't), I'm sure it would last longer.