No power to starter

Bxtraywick

Equipment
B2920
Oct 4, 2018
Rogersville, TN
When the key is on, there is no power to the starter, but the fuel pump kicks on (can start by jumping battery directly to starter solenoid). I have checked sear, PTO, and hydrostatic drive safety switches.... what else could it be that prevents it from getting power?

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
There is also a OPM module...at least there is (or was in my case) on the BX25D. I think it's a package of relays. It's tucked up above the cowling above the three point on the back of the tractor. Mine was assainated by a stick.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You need to follow the steps in the WSM to find the problem.

If you would like a copy of the WSM, send me a PM containing your email address.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is also a OPM module...at least there is (or was in my case) on the BX25D. I think it's a package of relays. It's tucked up above the cowling above the three point on the back of the tractor. Mine was assainated by a stick.
It's called an OPC, on this tractor model it's behind the dash.
And yes that being bad will keep it from starting.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This illustration from the WSM shows the inputs to the Operator Presence Controller

Depending upon input signals from safety switches the OPC controller can lock out starter or stop running engine

Dave