New Tractor 5 acres

KubotaTim

Jul 27, 2021
High Springs FL
I am about to pull the trigger on a LX3310 with grapple, brush cutter and rake, I am thinking about getting a tiller also but im getting close to the wife starts asking questions cost levels.

Also the dealer only has R4 tires if I want R14s id have to buy them myself and they can put them on. They get zero machines in with them on. I wont be in snow so I think the R4s will be ok with the packed sandy soil i could be wrong though who knows

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Also the dealer only has R4 tires if I want R14s id have to buy them myself and they can put them on. They get zero machines in with them on. I wont be in snow so I think the R4s will be ok with the packed sandy soil i could be wrong though who knows
There is no reason that the dealer can't help you with the R14's other than his inconvenience. Perhaps this should be considered before buying from him. On the other hand, you can probably get the tires for a price lower than dealer cost if you want the inconvenience.

Reactions: 1 user

KubotaTim

Jul 27, 2021
High Springs FL
There is no reason that the dealer can't help you with the R14's other than his inconvenience. Perhaps this should be considered before buying from him. On the other hand, you can probably get the tires for a price lower than dealer cost if you want the inconvenience.
I thought that also but not sure if the R14s are worth the trouble for what I am doing.. Seems most people like the R14s when they have snow and dont want turfs. not sure if they would work any better than the R4s for my application

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I have the R4s and passed on the R14s. The R14s are said to be more gentle on grass. I chose the R4’s for the stronger sidewall that I felt would be handy against rocks, roots and logs when off trails.

Reactions: 1 users

Shekkie

Equipment
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Also whilst deciding on tires decide if you want the “oversized” setup that comes on the LX2610SU. I saw some advantages for my off trail shenanigans.
9DC4A458-FB96-4C87-B4BF-AEA292FBF3AA.jpeg
637E3B29-493D-4547-857C-D996C590D313.jpeg

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I am about to pull the trigger on a LX3310 with grapple, brush cutter and rake, I am thinking about getting a tiller also but im getting close to the wife starts asking questions cost levels.

I think you made the right tractor choice. R4's should be just fine for your needs...they are a tougher tire anyway.

KubotaTim

Jul 27, 2021
High Springs FL
Well i thought I had this all figured out im starting to have second thoughts about this dealer. I can admit I am not a sales persons best case scenerio meaning first tractor so I am trying to figure out what I want as you can see from this forum. Throughout the process he has not been helpful just waiting for me to say ill take it seems.

I can say I asked him if he had any dealerships (they have like 10 locations) that had both a LX and a L02 at the same location, I really wanted a side by side and i told him i was willing to travel to the location to go see it. He then offered to have a LX2610SU shipped to him it was no problem I thought it was a nice gesture of coarse when I got there he didnt have a L02 so I just looked at a L2501 which is fine i guess. A week later I emailed him and told him I decided on LX3310 and if he got one to his dealership for id come up there and buy it and plus my wife wanted to see it also. (she couldnt make it to see the LX2610SU

His response after going silent for 4 days was a bit off putting and pissed me off a bit.

"Yes we have an LX 3310 available, but the store it is located at, is the same store I got the LX2610 from. That tractor was still in the box and I had it shipped here and built for you to come see because you said that's the one you wanted. They do not like us taking their inventory unless we have have it on a contract. If your wife wants to see an LX 3310 first, the LX 2610 we have here is the exact same in appearance. Same size, they look identical. The only difference is the LX3310 has more horsepower. How do you want me to proceed."

Please note that i never said I wanted to buy it I just said I wanted to see a LX and L02 side by side and asked what location had both so I can go see.

I am probabally overreacting a bit because i never thought this guy really cared about what i was doing with it. Nor did he know much about the Kubota tractor line. I understand being a first time buyer with no clue what i need id take more time than someone walking in know exactly what they wanted.

The other dealership thats close owned by different people with one location do not have any LX3310s and dont even have them on order.. So it would be a LX2610 (no loaders in stock) or a L3302 with them only

I was hoping my first tractor buying experiance would be good but seems not. Maybe thats just the way of the world these days.

Last edited:

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
The LX2610 and LX3310 are the same tractor. Just like the L2501 is the same as the L3301 and L3901 (L3302 & L3902 have new features).

If I understand the circumstances correctly, I don’t think the dealer is being unreasonable not assembling the LX3310 until you commit to purchase.

Mike

Reactions: 2 users

Shekkie

Equipment
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
If the price is fine and the dealer reputation is solid don’t let the sales guy put you off. You’ll never have to deal with him again. Also his email wasn’t really out of line but it wasn’t worded the best either. He may get jerked around often making sales too. Sometimes also an attitude can be read into a written interaction which was not intended. It’s hard to say.

Anyway, if the deal is good then just move ahead IMO. Maybe too…… just call him instead of emailing.

KubotaTim

Jul 27, 2021
High Springs FL
If the price is fine and the dealer reputation is solid don’t let the sales guy put you off. You’ll never have to deal with him again. Also his email wasn’t really out of line but it wasn’t worded the best either. He may get jerked around often making sales too. Sometimes also an attitude can be read into a written interaction which was not intended. It’s hard to say.

Anyway, if the deal is good then just move ahead IMO. Maybe too…… just call him instead of emailing.
You guys are probably right and it was not just this but several things about the sales guy irks me. Perhaps I just read into because of the bit of history with him frustrating me. This forum is great and thank you again everyone for being so helpful. Its a good community you have here!

I think i just lost patience a bit because everything is like pulling teeth these days. sight unseen is the new normal and i guess im old school now lol

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
I went from R4 to the R14. I am happy with my decision and they have not seen winter yet. Our property has a lot of sand and woods. I feel the R14's have more traction in the loose stuff. I don't use it a ton in winter but the R4's were pretty poor.

Reactions: 1 user

KubotaTim

Jul 27, 2021
High Springs FL
So a bit of a update.

I pulled the trigger on the LX3310 sould be delivered in a week or two.

Thank you everyone on this forum for all the help

Reactions: 6 users