New snow bucket with mods

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Been awhile since I've been on here. Shop has been busy plus we've had a lot of snow. Now that winter is over I figured I'd get ready for next winter. I ordered in a new light material/snow bucket for the tractor. I've had to move a lot of snow this past winter and with the smaller bucket that came with the tractor it meant many hours in the seat so I decided to double up the size and ordered the bucket.

I got it last week but I wanted to add a waste guard. when these buckets are curled right back it can dump snow on the hood of the tractor or even brake the windshield out so my job to day was to fabricate the guard. Add a hook. Make up a cutting edge. Well it's not really a cutting edge but a stiffener for the bucket and I also added a couple of pieces of 1/2" flat bar to the under side of the bucket as well. I'll hard face the "cutting edge" later on. Here's how it went.

Attachments

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Wildfire: That looks great. High in the top. Here is a company that make buckets like yours but not with your improvements.

http://www.budgetattachments.com/snow-buckets.html

I have not done any business with them just look on the web-site. They make some small bucket for the Kubota BX line. I thnk about 36" wide and up.

Keep up the good work. I am here in Vermont and we will get snow tonight. We are up to 168" for the year. Tomorrow is opening Youth Turkey Season.

New Haven, Vermont

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Yeah Yeah, wildfire is allway's adding something to his Kubota... Sooner or later it will become a big beasty orange ball, rolling around and you can't name a funktion it doesn't has! :p

I like the bucket. But it looks like you washed the Kubota with to hot water, it looks smaller now... :)

carl

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Paul, Great Job! I need to add a waste guard to mine. Down here, I have to worry about rocks falling back on the tractor hood. I'm curious about the size of the new bucket in comparison to the old one. Do you know what the capacity of each is? Thanks for sharing pictures and info with us.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello wildfire, maybe you missed a spot to paint orange. It is located at the top of your lifter, that black thing... :)

carl

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire: That looks great. High in the top. Here is a company that make buckets like yours but not with your improvements.

http://www.budgetattachments.com/snow-buckets.html

I have not done any business with them just look on the web-site. They make some small bucket for the Kubota BX line. I thnk about 36" wide and up.

Keep up the good work. I am here in Vermont and we will get snow tonight. We are up to 168" for the year. Tomorrow is opening Youth Turkey Season.

New Haven, Vermont
Thanks for the link. This bucket is Canadian made by a company called Horst. It looks well built. I just felt I could stiffen it up a bit more by adding to it like I did. I won't know how well it will work until next winter. We still get some snow but it's usually gone by mid day. Happy Easter.

Yeah Yeah, wildfire is allway's adding something to his Kubota... Sooner or later it will become a big beasty orange ball, rolling around and you can't name a funktion it doesn't has! :p

I like the bucket. But it looks like you washed the Kubota with to hot water, it looks smaller now... :)

carl
Well Carl I won't argue with you. I can never leave well enough alone. I'm alway adding to everything I buy :). The tractor made a good dollar this winter so I wanted to buy her something for it :). Ya the bucket makes the tractor look smaller but I'm waiting to tell the wife I need a bigger tractor to fit the bucket. :D. No point getting older unless you get smarter ;)

Paul, Great Job! I need to add a waste guard to mine. Down here, I have to worry about rocks falling back on the tractor hood. I'm curious about the size of the new bucket in comparison to the old one. Do you know what the capacity of each is? Thanks for sharing pictures and info with us.
Pat years ago while operating a 966 Cat loader I had a lump of snow come down off the bucket, it took the windshield out and cut my arms up pretty bad so that's why I do this type of mods to my buckets. It do help. This new snow bucket weighs in at 655 lbs and is 35.1 SAE Heaped Cap. It works out about double the size of the regular Kubota bucket. As I've mentioned above. It will only be used for light snow and only to move snow. I will be adding wheel weights as well in a few weeks just in case there needed. Thanks for posting.

Wildfire

Equipment
Hello wildfire, maybe you missed a spot to paint orange. It is located at the top of your lifter, that black thing... :)

carl
:). I've had a few guys say I should paint it orange but I figured if I left it black it would match the tires and front fenders :). Hey. Johnny Cash said he wore black because it never got dirty. I guess my bucket won't get dirty either ;)

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
Nice job Wildfire! That thing looks great, living in Ontario I can relate to the heaps of snow although you guys got it pretty hard this winter out East.

I kinda like it black .... looks mean, maybe paint some "teeth" on it for Carl ;)

Cheers,
M.

Wildfire

Equipment
Nice job Wildfire! That thing looks great, living in Ontario I can relate to the heaps of snow although you guys got it pretty hard this winter out East.

I kinda like it black .... looks mean, maybe paint some "teeth" on it for Carl ;)

Cheers,
M.
Ya it's been a long winter here. Kind of glad it's winding down now. I'm with you leaving the bucket black. Teeth would look cool on there but it might scare the locals. Thanks. Glad you like it.
Wildfire's Kubota is a girl!! So maybe pink would suit her better... :D
I think most guys refer to there machines as "she". I know my GoldWing is a girl because it was signed at the factory under the seat and the name is "Holly" so it must be a girl ;).

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
Wildfire's Kubota is a girl!! So maybe pink would suit her better... :D
Hhahaha ...... I don't know if I would call that thing a "girly" ??? :p

I think Bulldog's wife has threatened to paint his smallest Kubota pink as she thinks that one is hers. :eek:

Pretty sure mine is a girl, call it "she" anyways. No pink for this one ... that's for sure.

Again, well done on the bucket, looks awesome!

M.

Wildfire

Equipment
Hhahaha ...... I don't know if I would call that thing a "girly" ??? :p

I think Bulldog's wife has threatened to paint his smallest Kubota pink as she thinks that one is hers. :eek:

Pretty sure mine is a girl, call it "she" anyways. No pink for this one ... that's for sure.

Again, well done on the bucket, looks awesome!

M.
Geez I'd almost paint it anything but pink :eek: I've got a good bit of experience with an airbrush so if I were to paint it I'd do flames to match my name ;). Thanks. :)

Wildfire

Equipment
Yeah, the words Pink and Kubota just don't work well in the same sentence.
Some flames on the bucket would be cool for sure, but that might just be inner "Hot Rod" guy talkin'. ;)
M.

I think there's a little bit of the Hot Rod mentality in most of us :D Keeps life in interesting ;)

Wildfire

Equipment
:)
Nice work Wildfire!

But come on Guys, we have to convince him to paint it ORANGE!:D
Thank you. I might have to paint it orange because today I ordered a new 2011 big orange Grand L 5740 cabed tractor :D. Don't know how it happened. I had just called my friendly dealer asking for a quote on some rear wheel weights and ended up buying the tractor :eek: