New, safer gas cans......

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Hey GeoHorn,
Not all tree huggers are created equal. The ones that seem to get in to higher government jobs do not appear to have much field or real life experience.
I may be a tree hugger by trade but I walk pass my gas cans every now and push down the nozzles to equalize the pressure. In summer they bloat and in winter they suck inwards. What a stupid idea to solve a venting issue that never was a big issue.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I spill more fuel with the modern containers than I ever did with the older ones. I have a special level of hatred for them.

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hey GeoHorn,
Not all tree huggers are created equal. The ones that seem to get in to higher government jobs do not appear to have much field or real life experience.
I may be a tree hugger by trade but I walk pass my gas cans every now and push down the nozzles to equalize the pressure. In summer they bloat and in winter they suck inwards. What a stupid idea to solve a venting issue that never was a big issue.
The very same folks that brought us those stupid gas cans, now want to ban fossel fuels, and have us all drive electric cars!

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I just scored 5 cases of 10W40 ! Real QUARTS, cardboard side and tin ends..

any know where I put my 'antique' oil can spout with pointy thing ???

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I just scored 5 cases of 10W40 ! Real QUARTS, cardboard side and tin ends..

any know where I put my 'antique' oil can spout with pointy thing ???
Of course, you don't kneed one. You can just use a bottle opener that has a pointy end. :D

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have an experiment that y'all can try.

Grab a mason jar. Or two of them if you want to get creative.

fill each one about 2/3 full of gasoline. Grade doesn't matter.

Put the lid on one of them, and leave the lid off of the other (vented). Leave them both on the shelf for a few days.

The vented one will have lost an amount of fuel out of it, it evaporates. If the air is like it is here in the summer, hot and humid (if you live in the South and SE USA you know what I'm talking about), what happens is that the vented jar will allow fuel to evaporate and in doing so, evaporative cooling effect takes place--the fuel will actually drop it's temperature. In doing so, it will also condense moisture due to the humidity in the air.

Fuel has changed, it always changes. It's made for cars and trucks not small engines. It's also made for the season, IOW, there is winter blend fuel and summer blend fuel. Winter blend fuel evaporates at a much lower temperature than summer fuel. It can boil at as low as 80 deg F. So if you have a can of winter gas sitting in the sun on a 60 degree day, it can easily boil and I've seen it happen on jon boat tanks. It will get your attention.

As far as the application difference, cars and trucks generally don't have fuel sitting in tanks for more than a couple weeks at the most. Fuel is designed for this with little attention given to everything else.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Of course, you don't kneed one. You can just use a bottle opener that has a pointy end. :D
You’re talking about a church key. I have one of those but it’s pretty old. Can you still buy those? We still use it for punching pour holes in evaporated milk cans.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
spout.jpg
Have not seen my old spout in years (decades). Crude jokes to be withheld.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
When we cleaned out my FIL & MIL's place we found about 5 or 6 of those, plus a couple of different variations with the same function. People bought them like they were made of gold.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was in TSC getting something that happened to be next to some gas cans.

One can peaked my interest. It dispensed from the side at the bottom.

Would be handy to set it on something and then squeeze the handle to start the flow

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
You’re talking about a church key. I have one of those but it’s pretty old. Can you still buy those? We still use it for punching pour holes in evaporated milk cans.
Never heard the phrase church key, but something like this that is available at Amazon.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 7.29.14 AM.png

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
if you're ever looking for a small two cycle can, consider this one.

Husq fuel can.JPG

Best fuel can I've ever purchased. You insert the filling spout and push down on it to start flowing fuel. It stops automatically when the tank is full.

The bar oil side does not work the same way but the nozzle is vented.

That "black" section in the center dividing the two sides can be used to store small wedges and a scrench.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
That's a fancy can and a premium price! It is very innovative and convenient though. That Saud, I buy $50 5 gallon cans so some may think that's a premium. Maybe when I find one from Huskyverna on Amazon it'll be cheaper 😆

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I was in TSC getting something that happened to be next to some gas cans.

One can peaked my interest. It dispensed from the side at the bottom.

Would be handy to set it on something and then squeeze the handle to start the flow
Those sound like SureCan fuel cans. They work great! I have several of them, but they are a little pricey.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
if you're ever looking for a small two cycle can, consider this one.

View attachment 96501

Best fuel can I've ever purchased. You insert the filling spout and push down on it to start flowing fuel. It stops automatically when the tank is full.

The bar oil side does not work the same way but the nozzle is vented.

That "black" section in the center dividing the two sides can be used to store small wedges and a scrench.
Thats pretty interesting, never seen one before. Not sure if you use it on a chainsaw, but I feel like you would be pushing the saw around trying to fuel it or it would only fill up half tank becuase of the autostop. Im talking from my experience with my ms261, which may be a smaller saw. Either way, I'd love to know your experience with it, specifically with chainsaws.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Those sound like SureCan fuel cans. They work great! I have several of them, but they are a little pricey.
I did notice the price. But if it saves on the pita factor, then it's money well spent.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Thats pretty interesting, never seen one before. Not sure if you use it on a chainsaw, but I feel like you would be pushing the saw around trying to fuel it or it would only fill up half tank becuase of the autostop. Im talking from my experience with my ms261, which may be a smaller saw. Either way, I'd love to know your experience with it, specifically with chainsaws.
My saws are husqies with filler cap on side. I just lay the saw down on it's side to fuel and oil it. It doesn't walk anywhere. You have to push the can nozzle down with some force for it to open and begin filling the saw. It will then stop the flow of fuel when full. When you releive the pressure, it snaps the valve shut. I believe a paid somewhere around $45 for the fuel can off of amazon several years ago. I thought that the price was steep, but certainly worth it.

Husq455.jpg

Husq440.jpg

Same fuel can for blower and weed eater. the shutoff works great on them too. It is bar far the best fuel can I've ever used.

Get yourself one and don't look back.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My saws are husqies with filler cap on side. I just lay the saw down on it's side to fuel and oil it. It doesn't walk anywhere. You have to push the can nozzle down with some force for it to open and begin filling the saw. It will then stop the flow of fuel when full. When you releive the pressure, it snaps the valve shut. I believe a paid somewhere around $45 for the fuel can off of amazon several years ago. I thought that the price was steep, but certainly worth it.

View attachment 96543

View attachment 96544

Same fuel can for blower and weed eater. the shutoff works great on them too. It is bar far the best fuel can I've ever used.

Get yourself one and don't look back.
I just looked at Amazon for the price of the side-by-side Husq fuel can $108 for the can. 😲