New, safer gas cans......

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I just looked at Amazon for the price of the side-by-side Husq fuel can $108 for the can. 😲
Forget that. They are nice, but not $100 nice.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just looked at Amazon for the price of the side-by-side Husq fuel can $108 for the can. 😲
I'll put my fuel in in rinsed out plastic milk jugs (not a great idea), before I'll pay $108 for a container! ;)

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Since the vented can ban I’ve tried using the ventless but they’re a messy PITA. So now I keep gas and diesel in grocery bags. Double bagged for safety of course. I can cut all the vents I want and even the mighty CARB can’t stop me.

Actually I have a couple of old cans with vents and a 5 gallon Eagle can that cost somewhere around way too much but it does work well.

The mechanisms on the ventless cans with the fancy plastic valve in spout mechanisms; they’ve all broken first or second time they’re used. Maybe because I buy cheapo WalMart gas cans. 🤷‍♂️ Then I end up using the spout like a lid; take it off and pour from the jug into a funnel or straight in the tank.

The Eagle really does work quite reliably.
14360FEB-94E9-479F-879C-8CE40DBFAB65.jpeg

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Since the vented can ban I’ve tried using the ventless but they’re a messy PITA. So now I keep gas and diesel in grocery bags. Double bagged for safety of course. I can cut all the vents I want and even the mighty CARB can’t stop me.

Actually I have a couple of old cans with vents and a 5 gallon Eagle can that cost somewhere around way too much but it does work well.

The mechanisms on the ventless cans with the fancy plastic valve in spout mechanisms; they’ve all broken first or second time they’re used. Maybe because I buy cheapo WalMart gas cans. 🤷‍♂️ Then I end up using the spout like a lid; take it off and pour from the jug into a funnel or straight in the tank.

The Eagle really does work quite reliably.
I View attachment 96640
We use a can similar to above and made by the same company. The only difference is ours have a built in nozzle, and the handle opens up a valve to pour.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
My saws are husqies with filler cap on side. I just lay the saw down on it's side to fuel and oil it. It doesn't walk anywhere. You have to push the can nozzle down with some force for it to open and begin filling the saw. It will then stop the flow of fuel when full. When you releive the pressure, it snaps the valve shut. I believe a paid somewhere around $45 for the fuel can off of amazon several years ago. I thought that the price was steep, but certainly worth it.

View attachment 96543

View attachment 96544

Same fuel can for blower and weed eater. the shutoff works great on them too. It is bar far the best fuel can I've ever used.

Get yourself one and don't look back.
Thanks! Yeah I’m gonna have to look into now with what you told me.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We use a can similar to above and made by the same company. The only difference is ours have a built in nozzle, and the handle opens up a valve to pour.
Those are really nice. They’re just expensive. I don’t think I’ve seen an Eagle or Justrite safety can with nozzle below $100 in the last 10 years. Great cans if you can afford them.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Those are really nice. They’re just expensive. I don’t think I’ve seen an Eagle or Justrite safety can with nozzle below $100 in the last 10 years. Great cans if you can afford them.
Work requires them. So work paid for them 👍👍👍

I won't be paying that kind of money for one out of my own pocket.

Reactions: 1 users