New purchase, concerns with dealers...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I agree with another poster, drop the 4in1 get a regular bucket, since you'll have a grapple and forks. That 'trio' will do more than the 4in1 and only take seconds to swap out. Having a rear blade makes a lot of sense, great for levelling and 'ballast' for the loader operations.

I know the local dealer gives priority to real farmers over 'mower' repairs and I'm fine with that. They have plugged my tires though ,while I waited. Sales guy did that...yes he KNOWS how....

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The dealer (Kahn Tractor) that I have dealt with in CT has been great. The dealer (MB Tractor) in Springfield MA is also a great dealership. The dealership in RI, (Norfolk Equipment) is also very good.
I had a "whole goods" parts order issue with the one of those closest to me.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I forgot to mention that CP Jobs (customer paying out of pocket) ALWAYS took priority, because it paid nearly twice the rate of warranty jobs.

I have witnessed, and been involved in, many, many, yelling/screaming arguments and witnessed the occasional fist fight over CP jobs.

Again, not even a thought about where it was purchased.

That was automotive dealership life........It was all about the money!

Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I bought local so maybe I don't have a good opinion but, at Christmas when I'm buying gift cards for friends I buy for the dealer manager, and couple of sales guys - I consider them friends and feel they've always done me right. Has it helped economically? Maybe, sometimes pickups and dropoffs are not charged,

I ordered air ride seat, QA BH bucket - both of which took many months to get and they didn't charge me for the price increases even though they explained at time of ordering that price certainty wasn't possible. Little things here and there aren't charged, they opened me a credit account even though I never applied.

It reminds me of old days car business in the 1960's and probably earlier. I'd go with dad to the filling station - same one he used every time, everyone knew each others names and family members. Same with when it was time to buy a car - we didn't look around - we bought from our "friend" that we had bought from previously. I guess we didn't "price shop", we were people loyal.

Sorry for the length and off topic.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Try getting warranty service on one of the premium car brands if you didn't buy it from the dealer that you want the warranty work done at. Especially Mercedes, if you aren't spending lots of money on oil changes etc., they will treat you like a criminal.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
no dog in this hunt and nothing directed at OP just directed at my mindset...

I have always lived by the thought that if a person bottom feeds on price the expectation of 5 star service (free pickup and delivery, priority treatment, etc...) can not be expected.

A large commercial fleet of tractors $5 million plus who buys annual service and maintenance contracts expects to get service quicker than a guy with a single zero turn. Parts shop open 24/7. Service people to come out on Sundays etc..

Reactions: 3 users

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Try getting warranty service on one of the premium car brands if you didn't buy it from the dealer that you want the warranty work done at. Especially Mercedes, if you aren't spending lots of money on oil changes etc., they will treat you like a criminal.
Yep, agreed! Especially if you need a loaner!

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Dang, DustyRusty. That's crazy. For me, my local Mercedes Benz Service department (I did not buy the vehicle there) has been the absolute best customer service I have received for any vehicle I have owned. And, I've owned a lot of cars, from a lot of brands. I could only wish that my dealership could cater to customers as well as they did.

Now, that came at a cost. My average repair order was $800 per visit. But, I got a new MB loaner every time I took my E class in for service. It didn't matter if it was for an oil change or a light bulb replacement...I always got a car. I was very impressed. Porsche wasn't even as good as my MB dealer was.

It's fascinating that our experiences have been the complete opposite...

Mike

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Dang, DustyRusty. That's crazy. For me, my local Mercedes Benz Service department (I did not buy the vehicle there) has been the absolute best customer service I have received for any vehicle I have owned. And, I've owned a lot of cars, from a lot of brands. I could only wish that my dealership could cater to customers as well as they did.

Now, that came at a cost. My average repair order was $800 per visit. But, I got a new MB loaner every time I took my E class in for service. It didn't matter if it was for an oil change or a light bulb replacement...I always got a car. I was very impressed. Porsche wasn't even as good as my MB dealer was.

It's fascinating that our experiences have been the complete opposite...

Mike
My local (Sarasota) dealer has been good with loaners also, though I have only used them twice in ten years.
I have never bought a car there either.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
We drove 2 hours to buy our B2601 with FEL and BB early last year. It was the only one reasonably close that had loaders. Dealers within about 35 miles did not have any loaders.

If I need any service (90 hrs so far), I plan to have one of the closer dealers pick it up. Not likely. Can change filters and oil myself.

Been doing this for cars for years. Could only get a Mazda3 like we wanted in 2016 that was 6 hours away. The local dealer said it did not exist. Came home and called the dealer listed in Autotrder, rented a car and drove up and got it. Have only needed oil changes. Local dealer moved. Didn't realize it until recently because had not needed anything from dealer.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a good relationship with the local Kubota dealer so I had no concerns about any warranty work when I bought the M6060 in Sheridan, WY which is 600 miles away. I knew I wouldn't be putting the M on a trailer and hauling it over to WY for any warranty or service work.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
It depends on your location and the individual dealership. Check dealer reviews online and talk around with others around you that own Kubotas.

A few years ago, my wife's BMW 328D (diesel) started acting up on a long road trip. We had bought the car brand new a few years earlier in Los Angeles. Going in for service in LA for high end cars is a bit intimidating. They take you into an office, like buying a car. At that point you know it's going to be expensive! "Here's a free cup of coffee. Did you bring lots of money?" Lol . That's the feeling.

So, anyway, we broke down near Amarillo Texas, found a BMW dealer and limped it in. That Amarillo dealership was totally different than an LA dealership. It was more like getting Ford service work done. Not too many beemers in that part of Texas, I gathered. We left the car there, rented an unlimited mileage Toyota and completed the trip. Returned to Amarillo about 10 days later, hoping for a low repair bill from the beemer dealer. Dealer says, "Well, we found metal shavings in the fuel filter, and had to replace the ENTIRE fuel system. Tank, lines, injectors, etc etc. Total bill is just over $8,000. But your cost is ZERO, as BMW covered it completely. No charge!" I don't know what would have happened if we had it repaired in CA.

So, In my case, further away from the purchasing dealer, was better.

Edit: For the record, about a year later a recall came out to replace the fuel pump on BMW 328D's due to metal shavings caused by a disintegrating fuel pump. I think the CA dealer would have charged me full price without a recall in effect. Even though the CA dealer was a good one, and I'd bought 3 BMW
's from them over the years. (Now, I'm retired and broke. So although I loved them. My BMW days are almost over. Got 1 left.. ) LOL

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Was looking at the service records of a neighbor's MB that were always serviced by the MB dealer. She wouldn't know the difference between a tire and a tube, and I couldn't believe that every time she scuffed a curb they told her that the rim needed to be replaced along with the tire. If they had taken care of her the way that they took care of her car, they would have been on trial for rape. Charged for cabin filters that were never changed, and heaven only knows what else they charged for that wasn't done. Good thing that she was extremely wealthy and could afford the service fees. This was about 8 years ago, and she traded the car and bought a Lexus, and then moved away. I have no respect for dealerships that take advantage of people because they are not car savvy.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Was looking at the service records of a neighbor's MB that were always serviced by the MB dealer. She wouldn't know the difference between a tire and a tube, and I couldn't believe that every time she scuffed a curb they told her that the rim needed to be replaced along with the tire. If they had taken care of her the way that they took care of her car, they would have been on trial for rape. Charged for cabin filters that were never changed, and heaven only knows what else they charged for that wasn't done. Good thing that she was extremely wealthy and could afford the service fees. This was about 8 years ago, and she traded the car and bought a Lexus, and then moved away. I have no respect for dealerships that take advantage of people because they are not car savvy.
Yup....sadly, it happens
Single women are often taken advantage of, with car issues.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Bad dealers definitely exist. There are good ones too.

Mike

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
I’m new to tractors, but have had many vehicles and I think it’s more about the specific dealer than if you bought the tractor from them or not. There are going to be good and bad service departments as well as honest and dishonest dealers.
Dealers get paid for warranty work so any dealer is able to do work and is guaranteed payment from corporate. I think where the difference comes in is in priority. Will your job be a priority, or will the person that bought from the dealer go first? Same with one off or things that are questionable. I’ve had dealers go to corporate to ask for things to be covered. For example, I had a dealer put a brand new battery in a car after it died a couple times that corporate said was not covered and the dealer just swapped it for me anyway without charging me. Had I not purchased several vehicles from this dealer I bet they would not have done that.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yep. I don't think it's a corporate thing. It's customer loyalty/priority.
Maintenance is a mixed bag. It depends on what your level of competency is, and it depends on the complexity of the machine. Some models, especially ones without emissions equipment, are easier to work on yourself.
As Dusty said, it's very similar to a car. It may be trouble free, or it may require warranty work. And, it isn't just Kubota. It's all manufacturers.
Bingo.

Not Kubota but dealer priority.

Dealers are individual business operating under francise agreements with Kubota.

Dealers are required to provide service and warranty work regardless of from where owners purchased their equipment but they are not required to equally prioritize such work.

Dealers will tell such tales to prospective customers but will gladly take all work into there profiit center shop as capacity allows.

sansrue65

Equipment
LX2610
Dec 19, 2022
I am curious about the outcome here since i am interested in getting a combo bucket myself. Have an LX2610SU, am in Southern Az and already have a 6' rear blade and rake from everything attachments. Great implements. For the front i have the standard 54" bucket, pallet forks and a stump bucket. It seems to me that a 4 in 1 buck would be great for spreading loose material with the front of the tractor, without having to come at on the side or backing into it with the rear blade.

Also want to add that we upgraded from a BX1880 with a pinned bucket. It was super slow going loading my dump trailer due to limited lift, height and reach. LX does it in less than half the time.

Anyway, if the OP is still about, what did you decide?