yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I love the fact that this type of forum exists. I frequent a similar site for my motorcycle (Suzuki DL650), and always found it to be very helpful.

I am a new small farm owner, Just bought an 8 acre hobby farm, with plans on keeping/raising some horses, and probably growing some organic produce.

The property hasn't been occupied in close to 20 years, except some goats, and is pretty overgrown. I Just got a new Kubota L3200 and have had a blast uprooting many sapling trees. I have aspirations on doing a horse riding arena, doing a few gravel driveways, plus dealing with some drainage issues. Hope you all can help with some of the ideas to get the most out of my new orange (my favorite color) machine.

Yankeepac
:)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Welcome to da hood!! Kick up your feet and stay awhile. I use my tractor in a landscape business so if you have any dirt working questions or need some ideas I'd be more then happy to help.

We're a little like a family here but we're not like your annoying inlaws that never seem to leave.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello and welcome to our orange family.

We all like pictures...

Your L3200 will be busy the next time and I hope you enjoy it. After all, you see at the end of the day, all the work you have done. And sitting on a chair, overviewing your land, makes you deeply satisfied. :rolleyes:

Have fun

carl

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
Have been very busy on the farm. here is a pic of me (the old fat one) hauling old logs. And my son (the young handsome one) pulling up the trees. Check out the teeth on the FEL. The dealer talked me into getting one, and it is great.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yepper welcome I know you will find answers and ask questions and get a laff or 9812983601,, in the meantime and your not the only one to ride rice in here,,, lol,, enjoy and have fun:D

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
First, I can't believe you picked a tractor and equipment without our sage advice, I am aghast, puzzled and proud all at once.;)

It looks like you are well on your way to a long life of enjoyment with your new tractor and land. There is nothing like having your own equipment and property on which to use it.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who have helped me when I have questions and this is one of the few sites you won't see members faming each other; very nice.

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Congratulations on your new Orange Tool. One word of warning - when lifting items in the bucket,FEL, make sure to keep the bucket level.
I was stacking some big logs shortly after buying my Kubota and forgot to level the bucket. A large log on my forks rolled right out of the bucket, down the FEL arms, smacked into the crossbar and bounced off to the left. Had it come straight over the bar, it would have crushed my chest or head. I got very lucky on that one. Be careful because these little machines are much stronger than you imagine and mistakes happen in a hurry!
David

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
Sorry WFM, I didn't see your post till today.

the fork was made by a local guy I believe, but the website for the attachment www.bucketattachments.com appears to be dead. I thinkd the thing is called a "do-it-all" bucket fork. I have a phone number 336-509-6950. I believe the kubota dealer gave me a price of around 800, but don't recall exactly, it was all part of the package deal when I bought the tractor. Dealer said he didn't sell many because they looked so strange, but boy can it pull trees/saplings.