Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
New member here, tractor and I got off to a rocky start when my purchasing dealer dropped Kubota and went Bobcat two weeks after I bought my tractor in May. Then to top it off, it spent the prime summer months of June, July, and August at another dealer getting the backhoe control valve block replaced.

It is back now, I managed to put 50 hours on it even with its extended dealer stay, and just completed my 50 hour service.
BX23S, Kubota 3rd function, backhoe thumb, bucket level indicator, factory cutting edge, LED headlights, Kubota ROPS lights, R14 tires, Rim Guard, 2” spacers, BXpanded skid plate, BXpanded tool box, Land Pride grapple, Land Pride forks, Bushhog tiller, and Wood Maxx flail (still on the pallet, Black Friday free lift gate shipping)

49BB43DC-D1B3-4FA8-8F11-19D16ADB3C35.jpeg
6C57D924-A4D3-41F7-95CC-18B82CBFF857.jpeg

Reactions: 19 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Looks like quite a bit of thought went into specing out your new orange machine. That’s a really sweet package you put together.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What a nice outfit to start out with!! (despite the troubles, which you'll soon forget!) Congratulations!!

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
Thanks, I’ve already spread 40 tons of dirt around my pole barn, dug in a new outlet culvert for my pond since the old steel one was rusting out, tilled my garden ( always despised the old walk behind rear tine tiller) dug a few stumps, and rocks, along with removing tons of junk trees.
Stacking brush with the grapple is awesome, and the brush piles burn much easier when compressed with the loader.

Plenty more work planned for next summer

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Welcome to OTT.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Welcome to OTT.
Hello Nate77,

Welcome to the forum! I have found there to be some really knowledgeable people on this forum who can give you good advice, and save you time trouble shooting an issue.

Just keep in mind that opinions are like noses, everyone has one!

Good luck with your new tractor!

Bob

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Nate, Welcome to the forums. I am jealous of all the accessories that you have acquired. I am wondering why you didn't get a snowblower also. After all, it does snow in Indiana, doesn't it? :) I have been looking at getting one of the LandPride grapples for my BX23S, but I just can't decide if I really have that much of a need for it.
Did you install the LEDs in the headlights or were they a factory install? If you installed them, what part number did you use? thanks, Dusty

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Congratulations !!! Welcome aboard. I think you can get any questions answered here. These guys are the BEST. Good Luck.
Dave

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Congrats and welcome!

Mike

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello Nate77,

Welcome to the forum! I have found there to be some really knowledgeable people on this forum who can give you good advice, and save you time trouble shooting an issue.

Just keep in mind that opinions are like noses, everyone has one!

Good luck with your new tractor!

Bob
"noses" ?????
That is not the reference I have most often heard!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
Nate, Welcome to the forums. I am jealous of all the accessories that you have acquired. I am wondering why you didn't get a snowblower also. After all, it does snow in Indiana, doesn't it? :) I have been looking at getting one of the LandPride grapples for my BX23S, but I just can't decide if I really have that much of a need for it.
Did you install the LEDs in the headlights or were they a factory install? If you installed them, what part number did you use? thanks, Dusty
LED’s we’re from Amazon, cheap easy upgrade, mainly they now match the LED’s on the ROPs. Lol
JDM ASTAR Bright White Max 50W High Power 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs https://a.co/d/iPS8xLg
No snow blower, I might eventually get a snow pusher, once I get my driveway replaced, my current asphalt driveway is in such bad shape, I wouldn’t want to touch it with anything besides a shovel.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
LED’s we’re from Amazon, cheap easy upgrade, mainly they now match the LED’s on the ROPs. Lol
JDM ASTAR Bright White Max 50W High Power 881 LED Fog Light Bulbs https://a.co/d/iPS8xLg
No snow blower, I might eventually get a snow pusher, once I get my driveway replaced, my current asphalt driveway is in such bad shape, I wouldn’t want to touch it with anything besides a shovel.
If you don't get a lot of snow, then consider a rotary broom to clean the driveway. Kubota finally figured out how to make a rotary broom that actually works, and it only fits the K Connect system. All the brooms from Kubota in the past were junk because they wouldn't brush smoothly, but kept jumping up unless you were able to fine-tune the adjustments. I had purchased the first version for the BX and I sold it when I realized that it was problematic. I then bought the "new and improved" version, and it wasn't much better. I sold that one with my BX22 when I got the BX23S. Now I am on the hunt for the latest style of broom, but I haven't found one on the used market as of yet.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Way to go with the new machine! If your experience is like mine and many others it seems, with care these tractors will give you little trouble and reliably do TONS of work for years and decades to come.

I noticed your rops led lights are mounted with through bolts drilled through the rops structure, as well as on the exterior of the rops post.

Do you know if the rops led lamp mount bolts are passing through factory-made holes in the rops structure? Or were they drilled through by the time you received the tractor? Or did you mod the rops yourself?

Just concerned about a lot of worrymongering, some here, about liability in case or rops failure after it's been altered in any way. Apparently accroding to some it's a big no-no to drill these units, only clamp around them or use strong magnets. But no holesy drillsy.

And it sounds like you've been bushwhacking a bit with it already, and all looks good still with those rops lights in your pics, but I will strongly recommend they get mounted inside the rops posts rather than the outside where they are now. Looks like a simple switch scenario.

I would take bets on how long until one gets damaged or torn off by a tree or stout branch as you power by in low gear watching important things elsewhere.

Believe me, from experience, stuff attached outside the plane of the rops gets rubbed off in bush work. With bush and trees of any consequence, that is.

Reactions: 1 user

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
The lights use the 80-series pre-drilled holes.
I’ll have to be mindful of the ROPS, and lights, I don’t have much woods on my property, but I did finally break the muffler off my old tractor by repeatedly hitting branches while mowing my pasture edges. HST will be really handy when approaching these overhanging branches, I can just slow down.

Reactions: 1 user