New Member New CUT

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I’m wiring up my auxiliary LED lights today and took a look at the block heater. The drain valve is just under the block heater. You can’t see it in this pic because the little orange wiring boot blocks it. I tried getting a better pic but none of them really helped. You can’t miss it. View attachment 77552
Hell yeah, thanks Shekkie! Any tips on draining? I think I can probably get away with funnel and hose without making a mess. Plan is to dump everything that comes out right back into the radiator.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Hell yeah, thanks Shekkie! Any tips on draining? I think I can probably get away with funnel and hose without making a mess. Plan is to dump everything that comes out right back into the radiator.
No tips really. I have a giant drain pan I put underneath after I made sure it was washed out. My tractor was unused by me at that point so still clean. I dumped it from the drain pan into a jug through a paint filter then back into the radiator.

The nice thing about the petcock location is that you only drain as much as you have to to swap in the heater since the drain is only maybe an inch lower. I opened it, took the radiator cap off, went inside for dinner, came back out and it was no longer dripping. Easy peasy.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
She showed up today, got to drive her around for a bit and let my son get some seat time long enough to snap a few photos. I love this tractor! Going to break it in this weekend by moving a whopping 1 yard load of 6A limestone for our standby generator base 😂

I ordered a cutting edge from a local Kubota dealer for the 54" bucket for general duty for $120 to arrive by this weekend and plan on ordering a pirana or EA toothbar for future projects (4-5 week lead time). More mods and implements to come soon.

PXL_20220405_131059232~2.jpg
PXL_20220405_133059197~2.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Go2sno

Equipment
LX2610HSC
Apr 5, 2022
Enjoy the new CUT! I'm looking for almost the same setup but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Congrats on the new tractor! When you do the block heater you will need a 17mm hex bit socket the factory plug is tight probably on the order of 100 ftlbs. The block heater takes a 1 3/8" socket to install and even with thread sealer it needs to be very tight. I had to get mine to at least 80 ftlbs to stop it from dripping.
If you use Amazon the hex bit is oemtools 22843 $5.98 the socket is DeWalt demt19289b $4.00
Are the numbers for the tools

Some of the things I have added to my LX are in these posts....

If your doing much clearing in the woods there is not anything that works as good as a grapple. I have the EA Wicked 55 for mine but I had to wait 5 mounts for it to come....
Tree in Grapple.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Congrats on the new tractor! When you do the block heater you will need a 17mm hex bit socket the factory plug is tight probably on the order of 100 ftlbs. The block heater takes a 1 3/8" socket to install and even with thread sealer it needs to be very tight. I had to get mine to at least 80 ftlbs to stop it from dripping.
If you use Amazon the hex bit is oemtools 22843 $5.98 the socket is DeWalt demt19289b $4.00
Are the numbers for the tools

Some of the things I have added to my LX are in these posts....

If your doing much clearing in the woods there is not anything that works as good as a grapple. I have the EA Wicked 55 for mine but I had to wait 5 mounts for it to come.... View attachment 77845
You are the man! Thanks for the socket size and hex sock sizes - would I benefit from having a long reach 17mm hex socket or were you good with the clearance of the normal length 17mm? I've added both of these to my Amazon cart along with a Proto 1/2 drive torque wrench.

I already pulled the trigger on a Diesel Jerry can (need one more later) and the block heater ($10-20 cheaper than Messicks on Amazon).

What are you guys using for fuel treatment?

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
You are the man! Thanks for the socket size and hex sock sizes - would I benefit from having a long reach 17mm hex socket or were you good with the clearance of the normal length 17mm? I've added both of these to my Amazon cart along with a Proto 1/2 drive torque wrench.

I already pulled the trigger on a Diesel Jerry can (need one more later) and the block heater ($10-20 cheaper than Messicks on Amazon).

What are you guys using for fuel treatment?
I used a 12" or so extension with the breaker bar to get out where I had more room. When you install the block heater I removed the drain petcock so the socket had room. Also I flushed out all of the factory green coolant with distilled water and used a nitrate free extended life antifreeze. This is the one I used NAPA carries it. https://www.valvoline.com/en/zerex-nitrite-free-extended-life-antifreeze/
When you go to unscrew the plug for where the heater goes you might need a pipe on the flex handle I think the factory used a impact to screw it in!

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I have an acre. Previously had a BX1880 and wound up upgrading to a B2601. The BX could do most everything I wanted, but found it overwhelmed in a few instances. After seeing the LX up close it was just too big for my needs and property. We are looking to buy a couple acres from neighbors that will need some work, but the B2601 will still be more than enough.

Think you did pretty well pricewise and will be happy with all you can do with it. I was around $24k OTD for my B2601 with a similar setup.

I had a piranha bar on my BX and went with the Wicked toothbar for the B2601. Either is a good option.

If you plan on doing dirt work, get yourself a hydraulic top link to go with those rear remotes.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I used a 12" or so extension with the breaker bar to get out where I had more room. When you install the block heater I removed the drain petcock so the socket had room. Also I flushed out all of the factory green coolant with distilled water and used a nitrate free extended life antifreeze. This is the one I used NAPA carries it. https://www.valvoline.com/en/zerex-nitrite-free-extended-life-antifreeze/
When you go to unscrew the plug for where the heater goes you might need a pipe on the flex handle I think the factory used a impact to screw it in!
Much appreciated! I may also do that flush as well. I've run nitrite free in a few vehicles in the past. I wonder if the paint has anything to do with how difficult these are to remove... Lol

I have an acre. Previously had a BX1880 and wound up upgrading to a B2601. The BX could do most everything I wanted, but found it overwhelmed in a few instances. After seeing the LX up close it was just too big for my needs and property. We are looking to buy a couple acres from neighbors that will need some work, but the B2601 will still be more than enough.

Think you did pretty well pricewise and will be happy with all you can do with it. I was around $24k OTD for my B2601 with a similar setup.

I had a piranha bar on my BX and went with the Wicked toothbar for the B2601. Either is a good option.

If you plan on doing dirt work, get yourself a hydraulic top link to go with those rear remotes.
I appreciate the feedback. I also thought the B/BX would do everything I needed it to but decided to upsize to the LX just to have some piece of mind and I tend to go overkill with tools/equipment to scale with changes in our lifestyle (& the pricing was favorable lol).

I think I'm going to go with the EA toothbar based on your feedback and that I plan on grabbing a 54 or 60 Box Blade and pallet forks from them.

I did pick up a straight Kubota cutting edge (showed up in one day) to use for some short-term projects (material handling) before moving towards the toothbar for dirt work.

I have Daferris's Holland top link in my cart ready to go - just gotta recover a bit before I pull the trigger haha.