New M7060 loader issue

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Since tomorrow is a holiday and my dealer will be closed I thought I'd ask here. My tractor has less than 20 hours but it maybe a simple fix.

I had used the loader the last couple weeks to move 5x5 round hay bales and everything seemed fine however the only thing I was doing was moving/ stacking bales.

Today while digging a hole to bury a dead calf I noticed the loader not performing as it should. It had also done the same thing a couple weeks ago when digging a hole but I dismissed it as me not being familiar with it.

When lifting a load of dirt it acts like it doesn't want to lift it or it lifts very slow regardless of the engine rpms. It doesn't sound like the relief valve is opening either. Another thing, with the bucket sitting flat on the ground and I engage the dump, it doesn't have enough power to raise the front of the tractor. It tries but it's very very slow.

I've already checked to be sure the correct color hoses matched where they coupled together and I also disconnected and reconnected the couplers at the valve. No help.

My 25+ year old kubota L3600 /loader has never had an issue like this.

Any thoughts of what to check?

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
There should be 2 positions for dumping, fast dump and std dump. The fast dump position will perform exactly as you describe.

Yes, I know about std and fast dump positions already as I also have a L3600 with that feature. My 3600 will quickly raise the front end without even a change in rpms.

I had the dealer check it whenever they picked it up last week to fix a non related hydro leak. They said they compared it to other tractors that they had on the lot and they were all functioned the same as mine. I still don't believe it's normal.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Does it have a quick attach bucket? If it does, your lifting capacity drops. The loader's lifting capacity is measured at the bucket pivot pin. The further away from the pin, the lower the lifting capacity.

You can't accurately judge the lifting power by trying to curl the bucket to lift the tractor. It doesn't work that way; and comparing it to an L3600 is comparing peanuts to elephants. There is a relationship between them, but it's completely different. If you hold the brake while trying to lift the tractor, it won't lift. If the terrain is such that the rear tires won't roll, it won't lift the front off the ground. Why? Because the rear tires have to roll a little. Additionally if you have a QA (or sometimes called a skid-steer) bucket, it's further away from the pivot pin, and that reduces your lifting force.

If the L3600 doesn't have that issue, why not just use it instead?

If you're convinced that it's a tractor issue, call dealer and ask them to check hydraulic pressure for you. If it's within spec, and the dealer is not willing to help you much, you'll get a bill for the service call and labor. If your dealer is good, they'll figure out a way to "warranty it"...however they do that is up to them (lying to manufacturer??)

One time I heard this complaint (well one of many times)...lifted bales no problem last week, this week, it's weak. When asked about the weight of a round bale, the owner said somewhere between 800-1000 lbs. Ok no big deal, it outta lift that. But that's 800-1000 lbs dry and loosely wrapped. A wet 5x5 bale wrapped tightly can exceed 2000 lbs-easily-and in the case of that particular consumer, he was unaware that bales that get rained on get heavy. Or at least he played it that way.

Last edited:

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Does it have a quick attach bucket? If it does, your lifting capacity drops. The loader's lifting capacity is measured at the bucket pivot pin. The further away from the pin, the lower the lifting capacity.

You can't accurately judge the lifting power by trying to curl the bucket to lift the tractor. It doesn't work that way; and comparing it to an L3600 is comparing peanuts to elephants. There is a relationship between them, but it's completely different. If you hold the brake while trying to lift the tractor, it won't lift. If the terrain is such that the rear tires won't roll, it won't lift the front off the ground. Why? Because the rear tires have to roll a little. Additionally if you have a QA (or sometimes called a skid-steer) bucket, it's further away from the pivot pin, and that reduces your lifting force.

If the L3600 doesn't have that issue, why not just use it instead?

If you're convinced that it's a tractor issue, call dealer and ask them to check hydraulic pressure for you. If it's within spec, and the dealer is not willing to help you much, you'll get a bill for the service call and labor. If your dealer is good, they'll figure out a way to "warranty it"...however they do that is up to them (lying to manufacturer??)

One time I heard this complaint (well one of many times)...lifted bales no problem last week, this week, it's weak. When asked about the weight of a round bale, the owner said somewhere between 800-1000 lbs. Ok no big deal, it outta lift that. But that's 800-1000 lbs dry and loosely wrapped. A wet 5x5 bale wrapped tightly can exceed 2000 lbs-easily-and in the case of that particular consumer, he was unaware that bales that get rained on get heavy. Or at least he played it that way.
I'll try to describe the issue in a different way.

1- Loader all the way down, level ground, brakes off
2- Bucket sitting flat on the ground
3- Engine at any rpm
4- Move joystick to the right but NOT fully to the right as to fast dump
5- Bucket tries to tilt forward but it will not

As I mentioned before, under the same conditions my L3600 will easily tilt forward and raise the front end of the tractor off the ground. My old Ford 4630 that I traded in had no problems doing it either.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
houser52.

I'll try to describe the issue in a different way.

1- Loader all the way down, level ground, brakes off
2- Bucket sitting flat on the ground
3- Engine at any rpm
4- Move joystick to the right but NOT fully to the right as to fast dump
5- Bucket tries to tilt forward but it will not
I have a 2016 M7060HDC12 with LA1154 FEL and QA bucket; loader in the height position. When I put it in the exact conditions that you described above and curl the bucket it behaves exactly like yours - it will NOT lift the front wheels off the ground. Of course, when I use the boom, it will lift the front tires off the ground easily.

...When lifting a load of dirt it acts like it doesn't want to lift it or it lifts very slow regardless of the engine rpm. ...
I use my tractor for loading two large round bales that weigh around 1,000 lbs each. I don't know what the dirt you are lifting weighs but I'm pretty sure it's less than 2,000 lbs. - so that sounds a little odd.

When you arrive at some conclusion, please keep us informed.

Thanks...

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Thanks 243 and mbu for taking the time to test and post the results.

From everything I can find, some tractors have this condition and some don't.
I've also read where the position of the 3-point position control has had an effect on loader performance. I'll play with it and see if it makes any difference.

It's still new and under warranty so I'll continue to use it since the dealer said it was normal.

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
houser52,

Try this:

Before setting the bucket flat on the ground tilt the bucket forward until it's about 30 degrees. Then set the edge on the ground. Now curl the bucket. Will it lift the tractor?

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
houser52,

Try this:

Before setting the bucket flat on the ground tilt the bucket forward until it's about 30 degrees. Then set the edge on the ground. Now curl the bucket. Will it lift the tractor?
I'll give that a try and post back.

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
houser52,

Try this:

Ok, I tried your suggestion.

This weekend I took down some old fence and pulled the posts. Using the box blade, I scraped off the top layer of weeds, trash and sod under where the old wire and posts had been, just to clean it up for the new posts and wire.

Using the grapple to clean up all that sod and trash, I did as you said by raising the grapple off the ground and tilting it down just touching the ground. It would not raise the front of the tractor in the dump mode. With the grapple in the dumped position, the boom will raise the tractor. The boom circuit seems to be working fine with plenty of power.

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
I tried today to lift my 7060 with the bucket flat to the ground and it won't lift it either. If I curl the bucket down it will lift the front end up. M7060 2018 model with 90 hours. Qd bucket.

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
I posted the results on another forum but wanted to post it here.

Loader hydraulics update- Maybe my experience with help someone else in a similar situation.

Symptom #1- With the bucket sitting flat on the ground, brakes off and at any rpms, the loader would not lift the front of the tractor off the ground. It tried to and did a few times but not all the time. I thought I'd fixed it by unplugging and replugging the couplers but it started doing the same thing again. I had accepted the fact that that was the norm for that model and that was it.

Symptom #2- When opening and closing the grapple with the rpms past idle speed the 3rd function
valve would stay engaged until I bumped the loader's joystick one way or the other then it would disengage. At idle speed it opened, closed and disengaged normally.

All of these issues were explained to the dealer and they picked it up for repair. After bringing it back they said that everything checked out fine when comparing to other tractors on their lot.

I put it to work the next day and as far as I could tell everything was just as it was before, 3rd function valve not disengaging and no power on the dump cycle. I continued to use the tractor and grapple for a few weeks but it was driving me crazy. Something's not right.

I finally called WR Long last week and ask about the valve to see if there might actually be a problem with the valve. I spoke with Josh and he recommended several things to check. Those things all checked out okay. Today, as a last resort, Josh was going to send a replacement valve but wanted me to check one last thing, verify if it was plumbed correctly.

Well, I think Josh found the answer to both my problems. Looks like the "P" and "T" hydraulic lines were crossed! The "P" hose was on the "T" port and the "T" hose was on the "P" port. I swapped the hoses and what do you know, everything works as it should. The loader will now easily raise the front of the tractor and the grapple opens, closes and disengages as it should at any rpm. I ran it for awhile piling brush this evening without any hiccups. Hopefully that was all it was and that everything continues to operate normally.

I also wanted to say thanks to Josh and WR Long for all the help and guidance. Great company and people

Reactions: 3 users

hseII

Aug 18, 2018
West Georgia

Loader hydraulics update- Maybe my experience with help someone else in a similar situation.

Symptom #1- With the bucket sitting flat on the ground, brakes off and at any rpms, the loader would not lift the front of the tractor off the ground. It tried to and did a few times but not all the time. I thought I'd fixed it by unplugging and replugging the couplers but it started doing the same thing again. I had accepted the fact that that was the norm for that model and that was it.

Symptom #2- When opening and closing the grapple with the rpms past idle speed the 3rd function

valve would stay engaged until I bumped the loader's joystick one way or the other then it would disengage. At idle speed it opened, closed and disengaged normally.

All of these issues were explained to the dealer and they picked it up for repair. After bringing it back they said that everything checked out fine when comparing to other tractors on their lot.

I put it to work the next day and as far as I could tell everything was just as it was before, 3rd function valve not disengaging and no power on the dump cycle. I continued to use the tractor and grapple for a few weeks but it was driving me crazy. Something's not right.

I finally called WR Long last week and ask about the valve to see if there might actually be a problem with the valve. I spoke with Josh and he recommended several things to check. Those things all checked out okay. Today, as a last resort, Josh was going to send a replacement valve but wanted me to check one last thing, verify if it was plumbed correctly.

Well, I think Josh found the answer to both my problems. Looks like the "P" and "T" hydraulic lines were crossed! The "P" hose was on the "T" port and the "T" hose was on the "P" port. I swapped the hoses and what do you know, everything works as it should. The loader will now easily raise the front of the tractor and the grapple opens, closes and disengages as it should at any rpm. I ran it for awhile piling brush this evening without any hiccups. Hopefully that was all it was and that everything continues to operate normally.

I also wanted to say thanks to Josh and WR Long for all the help and guidance. Great company and people

Good News!

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif

Did you inform your dealer that you found the problem, even thought his dealership checked it out and declared it was all as it should be.

Reactions: 1 user

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Did you inform your dealer that you found the problem, even thought his dealership checked it out and declared it was all as it should be.

I've been wrestling with whether to call and let them know about it or not.

I was thinking the dealer might do a follow up call and see how the tractor is doing. At that time I'd let them know that there was actually a problem with their service department and not the tractor.

Pmcferron

Equipment
M7060
Jan 7, 2022
Ky

i am having this same exact issue with my m7060 and it has a whopping 70 hours on it. the dealer also tells me there is nothing wrong with my tractor but I don’t feel like this could possibly be true. This FEL has me regretting getting rid of my jd5320 because of its performance :( this is my first Kubota and I want to enjoy it for the tractor that I thought I was buying. I do not have the 3rd function kit but loader will not lift my tractor when curling the bucket over and the lift capacity doesn’t seem very strong at all. The P and T line you speak of that was plumbed incorrectly, where is this located?
E386EFB9-D8F7-4064-8167-DFC9AC071C9F.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The P and T lines are connected to the loader valve.

My experience with a M7040 is to make certain a rear remote is not stuck somewhere out of the neutral position.

Some rear remote valves have detents and they can stick on and in doing so drain down the pressure the loader has to work with.

Before starting to change things, invest less than $50 in a 0-3,000 psi pressure gauge and fittings.

Relief valve test gauge.JPG

Disconnect any loader line to a cylinder and plug in the pressure gauge. Direct pressure to the gauge with engine at high revs. Just for a few seconds to get a reading. Compare to the loader WSM values. I can look them up once you have a reading.

Do not start checking relief pressure on rear of tractor which is where the tractor WSM shows doing it because the tractor WSM does not take into consideration the loader plumbing. The loader valve has its own relief and it will limit the pressure going to the rear relief valve.

With nothing on the 3 pt hitch, it is much harder to get the front of the tractor to lift + it is unsafe to use the loader with no rear weight.

Dave

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I'll add to what Dave stated to be sure 3 pt hitch isn't attempting to raise higher than spec's due to feedback rod being adjusted improperly.