Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Nice tractor, and welcome to OTT!

Mystro

Aug 20, 2012
Central Pa.
Great choice. That is a beautiful tractor. I looked one over at my dealer last week. If I could ever justify the need for such a large tractor, I would have one in a minute. My FEL needs are very modest.

Ozarks

Equipment
2012 L4600
Aug 31, 2012
Bruner, MO
I have had one about a month now and love it, was using an 8n prior and feel like I'm in heaven with the L4600.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I really miss the old square hoods of the old school tractors. The rounded crap doesnt make it look like a tractor anymore.

ibeamcarver

Equipment
L4600
Aug 27, 2012
Somerset, CA USA
We're loving the L4600. We have 53 acres with about 25 acres of orchard on rolling hills and the 4wd and power of this tractor seems perfect. It has a great turning radius which is really good when you get to the end of a row of trees, and I love the easy forward/reverse pedal with the HST for loader work.

ibeamcarver

Equipment
L4600
Aug 27, 2012
Somerset, CA USA
Hi Don, yes we're nearly neighbors ;). I had never heard of Cool, but I know the foothills around the American River are beautiful. I think I'm at a bit higher altitude than you - around 2300 feet. What type of land do you have?

Don64

Equipment
BX2360
Jun 10, 2012
Cool, CA
Yes, Cool is at 1500 feet. I have a 5 acre residential lot, almost all of it sloped to some degree. The soil and grasses look like yours while the trees are mostly live oak and white oak (I've cut out all of the digger pines except one, but they're thick at this elevation). I think there are three ponderosa pines on my lot.

I grew up in Placerville and had a couple friends out in Somerset. It seemed like a long distance back in the day. :)

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
Welcome to the site. Thanks for posting a picture of part of your land. It is beautiful. One of the fun things about this site is seeing where people live and getting a view of their land. To reciprocate, I have attached a picture of my house, taken at a slightly different season from yours. Good luck with your new tractor. My Kubota (L 2550) is new to me, but is now 25 years old. Runs great! You will love it.
P

Attachments

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
Welcome to the site. Thanks for posting a picture of part of your land. It is beautiful. One of the fun things about this site is seeing where people live and getting a view of their land. To reciprocate, I have attached a picture of my house, taken at a slightly different season from yours. Good luck with your new tractor. My Kubota (L 2550) is new to me, but is now 25 years old. Runs great! You will love it.
P
You have a big slice of paradise there...congrats!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thanks for the warm welcomes folks. There seem to be a lot of friendly and helpful people here.
Trust me, it isn't "seem"- you will come to find that the folks here are top notch, people speak their mind but don't snip at each other, and that while concerns are taken with the degree that they are portrayed, complaining and bashing isn't tolerated. I belong to two other tractor forums, and they pale in comparison to Orangetractortalks. It's family here.
Who wants to be the black sheep?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I wasn't familiar with that model, so I had to look it up on the Kubota website. It is a very nicely equipped tractor.

I sat on a similar model when I was looking to buy and the painted deck was a little too slick for me as I am not the most graceful guy around, several have finished theirs with truck bed liner, but a painted deck isn't a problem for everyone.

Do you have plans for bucket hooks or did I miss them?

Very nice tractor and property and I also love the picture submitted by pmhowe.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I am pretty sure those only work on the BX and even some of the different BX buckets have been problematic. I have a BX2200 and BX2660 and drooled over those a time or two, but can't get past the cost.

I had he dealer weld hooks on the M8640 and he didn't place them right nor brace them, so my son will have to fix them.

On my L5740, I put five on my HD bucket, one center, one in front of the lift cylinders and one on each end for light lifting.

BXpanded

Sep 26, 2012
Shelby, NC USA
www.BXpanded.com
I am pretty sure those only work on the BX and even some of the different BX buckets have been problematic. I have a BX2200 and BX2660 and drooled over those a time or two, but can't get past the cost.

I had he dealer weld hooks on the M8640 and he didn't place them right nor brace them, so my son will have to fix them.

On my L5740, I put five on my HD bucket, one center, one in front of the lift cylinders and one on each end for light lifting.
Tripple R is correct. The BXpanded hooks are only available for the BX series at this point.
There are 2 slightly different buckets used on the BX25 ONLY. We developed parts to work on the new bucket and a simple way to identify which bucket is installed on your BX25. Again the "NEW" bucket ONLY shows up on the BX25.

All the other BXs from the BX1500, BX2200/ BX22 through the BX1860, BX2360, BX24 and BX2660 use the same bucket configuration.